Chapter 22

Say Yes

 

 

 

“Hello, Mom.” Jessica is talking to her mom on the phone. It’s beena long time since she called her mom. She just wanted to know if she’s okay.

On the other side of the line, Jessica’s mom is busy organizing an upcoming event. There are people entering and leaving the shop every now and then. “Oh, honey. Hi.”

“Mom, are you busy?”

“Yes, but I have time to talk Jessi.”

“I just called to ask how you’re doing.”

Jessica’s mom went to her office so she can talk to Jessica without someone bothering her. “I’m doing great. I’m busy preparing for a fashion show tomorrow night.”

“Oh yeah, the fashion show. I forgot about it already.”

“Maybe you’re enjoying your time there too much. How was your dad?”

“He’s fine, mom. He takes care of me.” Jessica said.

“That’s great. When are you coming home? I miss you.”

Jessica couldn’t answer the question right away because it was a question that she doesn’t have answer to. “Mom, I don’t have definite plans yet.”

“Oh, I guess it’s up to you. Just remember that school’s gonna start soon.”

Jessica sighed. “I know, mom.

“Oh, I almost forgot. Someone came here looking for you.” Jessica’s mom said in a happy tone.

“Who is it?” Jessica asked, having no idea at all about who he or she is.

“Your dream guy, Taecyeon!” Jessica’s mom was expecting a dolphin scream from her daughter but instead, she received no response at all.

“Mom.” Jessica knows that this is the time to tell her mom about Sooyoung.

“Don’t tell me you like someone else now.”

“Mom, I kind of…I have…”

“Oh my God, you’re dating someone else now.”

Jessica nodded, not realizing that her mother can’t see her.

“Jessica, are you still there?”

“Yes, mom. I have someone now.” Jessica is still hiding a fact from her mom.

“Who is the lucky guy? Is he hot?” Jessica’s mom asked.

“Mom, it’s a she.” Jessica finally dropped the bomb. Jessica’s mom has nothing against the third but she couldn’t believe that her daughter would actually date another girl.

“You’re dating a girl?”

“Uh-huh. And yes, she’s hot.” Jessica giggled.

*

 

Krystal and Sulli came over to play but since Sooyoung is busy working, Hyomin and Sunny decided to play with them. They played hide-and-seek.

“Sulli, we’re going to hide and you have to find us. If you find us before thirty minutes, you can eat ice cream after.” Sunny said.

Sulli agreed. She started counting. Krystal finds her hiding place by the cabinet in the kitchen. She is small so she can fit easily. Sunny is losing time and she can’t find a place to hide. Just in time before Sulli opened her eyes, she opened the cupboard by the staircase and locked it immediately. She knew that Sulli is afraid of dark places so she won’t even attempt to open the dark cupboard.

To Sunny’s surprise, Sunny almost fell on the ground when she found someone smiling to her in the dark. It was Hyomin.

“You scared me.” Sunny said, her hands on her chest which is still beating so fast from the sudden fright,

Hyomin lets out a laugh. “You looked so scared.”

“Hey, it’s not funny.” Sunny said.

“Okay. Fine!” Hyomin immediately stopped laughing.

“Why do always obey me?!” Sunny asked. Hyomin put her forefinger on Sunny’s lips to silenced her.

“Whisper. They might hear us. I want to eat that ice cream too.”

“Answer my question now.”

“What is it again?”

“Aish. I said, why do you always obey me?”

“I’m your slave, remember?” Hyomin winked at Sunny. It was dark but Sunny saw it.

Sunny blushed. She hoped Hyomin won’t notice this.

“Sunny-yah, I was telling the truth when I told you I love you the other day.” Hyomin said.

Sunny kept quiet.

“Hey, don’t ignore me again this time!”

“Sshhhhhhhh….” It was Sunny’s turn to put her finger on Hyomin’s lips. After a while, she finally spoke. “I just don’t get it. You made me hate you because you love me?”

Hyomin chuckled. “I’m a bit dumb, you know.”

“I know that already.” Sunny said.

“Ouch.”

“Did you know that when I saw you for the first time, I thought you were the most beautiful in our school?”

Hyomin was surprised by Sunny’s revelation. She couldn’t believe it.

“But then, when you opened your mouth, you started insulting me. I didn’t know what I did to make you mad at me. Until one day, I just saw you as the girl I hate the most.”

Hyomin’s face turned to a frown. “Not the best way to get someone’s attention, huh? Sorry again.”

“It’s okay. Thank you for the bad memories.” Sunny joked but to Hyomin this is serious.

“So do you still feel that way about me now?”

“Huh?” Sunny asked.

“I mean, do you still hate me that much?”

“I honestly don’t know what I think of you right now.” Sunny said, looking at Hyomin’s eyes. She doesn’t hate the girl that much now but she doesn’t know if she likes the girl already.

Hyomin just nodded.

"But if it makes you feel better, I like having you around." Sunny smiled at Hyomin.

Then, there were knows on the cupboard door. “Unnie, I know you’re both in there. Come out now. You know I can’t go in there.”

“Unnie.” It was Krystal speaking now. “Please come out now. We want our ice cream.”

Sunny and Hyomin decided to come out. Then, they all ate ice cream afterwards. Sunny and Hyomin’s relationship is much better now. They can talk now without shouting to each other.

 

**

 

Tiffany came home with Taeyeon. She invited her for dinner and the other girl agreed to go. These past few days, she’s been hanging out a lot with Taeyeon. They are together everyday. Taeyeon has loosen up a bit and has shared some stories with her already.

When they arrived at the ranch, Taeyeon kept looking around observing every part of the ranch.

“Hey, what do you think about the ranch?”

“It’s big. You must be so rich.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m not. My uncle owns this.”

Taeyeon suddenly turned to Tiffany after hearing it. “Uncle?”

“Yes. Jessica’s dad.”

Taeyeon froze. Kangin made a mistake. Tiffany is not a Jung. Jessica is. She’s supposed to be the target. She ended up wasting her time, spending her time with Tiffany. It’s not that she didn’t enjoy the company, but still she has to focus on her real goal.

I have to get closer to Jessica, Taeyeon thought.

“Is Jessica there?”

“Of course. It’s their house. C’mon, let’s go in.

Tiffany offered her hand and Taeyeon holds her hand.