Horrible Accident

Dangerous Love

I put Haneul in the car then walked around to the drivers seat. “Erica, wait!” yelled Loco walking up to me, grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand away furiously “No, get off me!” I got in my car, starting the engine. “Erica, I can explain!” Loco pleaded but I didn’t answer. I drove off onto the night highway. Tears began to fall down my eyes as I thought about the past with my false lover. Was it all a lie? I refused to believe it was fake. I looked up at the street as I tried to shake the thoughts and was surprised by a fifty pound truck driving directly in front of me. “Haneul!” I screamed, as I realized it was too late to drive out the way. Before I could even blink an eye the car crashed into mine, shooting excruciating pain through my body, then slowly everything went black. FLASHBACK I walked out of the closet holding a piece of clothing I had brought earlier that day. “Honey, do you like this? Jenna picked it out for me. Jenna came walking out the closet bowing. Loco smiled at me “It suits you well. Ah, come downstairs for dinner.” I nodded my head “ok”, as Jenna walked out of the room. After dinner, I thought about the story Jenna told me and went for a night ride. My first stop was the police station. Once I arrived in the building, I used my rich skills to get me the documents I needed. I sat in my car and read through them all. My hands fell to my lap making the papers fall as my eyes welled with tears. It was true and knowing our situation two years ago Loco could have very paid his way to innocence. As I was lost in thought my phone rang. “Hello?” “Ah, Mrs. Wilkes, I know it’s late but may you stop by my house to pick up some papers for the meeting tomorrow.” “Mr. Bang? Ah, yes . . . umm may I . . . never mind” Young guk was curious now “What?” “I know it’s a sudden and shameless question but may I stay over your house for just tonight? Me and my son? My husband-” “Mrs. Wilkes you don’t need to explain . . . it’s fine, you may sleep in our guestroom.” Excitement filled me as I realized I could have a place to think for a while. I felt so bad but was so grateful tears began to fill my eyes and I began to bow repeatedly “Thank you, thank you, thank you.” “It’s fine Mrs. Wilkes, see you in a few.” I walked into my house and told the nurses to prepare a nights worth of clothing for me and Haneul. As I walked up the stairs to get my sleeping angle Loco stopped me. “Where are you going?” I forced a fake smile no longer feeling comfortable around him “To Jung Soo’s house, Henry wanted to have a sleepover but I was late so I figured he can sleepover tonight and play all tomorrow.” Loco nodded understandingly and gave me a hug “Stay safe.”I nodded then finished my journey up the stairs. Once Haneul was awake and in the car we were off to Mr. Bang’s house. When we arrived I was surprised at how big his house was. I walked up to the front door and knocked. “Hello? Mr.Bang” I yelled through the door. The door opened to reveal my handsome boss with a smile that showcased his gums. “Hello Mrs. Wilkes.” His eyes went straight to the small chubby toddler in my hands. “Is this your son?” I nodded answering his question. “He is adorable.” Mr. Bang exclaimed calmly with a little chuckle. About an hour later after Mr.Bang helped me move the two bags into guestroom. I sat in front of my computer examining the papers Mr. Bang gave me while Haneul played with his favorite choo choo train on the bed. “Mommy?” Haneul said softly. “Yes baby?” “Why we leave daddy? He don’t want us to leave.” The words froze me like ice as I thought of a way to spare my young child’s feelings “Oh don’t worry, I just had to finish some work. I promise we’ll go see daddy tomorrow.” Haneul seemed to ignore me as I watched him play with the train as if it was a plane “zhwooooo!” I smiled as the situation at stake fully hit me, I could ruin my family, my child could grow up without his father. At that moment in time I truly wanted nothing more then for Loco to have truly been innocent. I felt a tear fall down my face it was followed by millions more as I uncontrollably began to cry. “Mommy what’s wong?” Haneul said rushing over to me on his small legs. I looked up and hugged him “Nothing baby, mommy’s just has something in her eye” I felt my words fade into a whisper as Haneul began to cry along with me. “It’s ok mommy, don’t cry.” I held my child in my arms even tighter wanting to feel comforted, but it was only me who was doing the comforting “mommy knows, mommy knows” I whispered. It was about twelve at night when I finally finished my work and Haneul was fast asleep. I suddenly became thirsty and went to the kitchen for some water. I grabbed a cup off the table and poured in water from the pitcher next to it. “Why me?” I jumped turning to see Mr. Bang walk into the kitchen. “What do you mean?” I placed the cup on the table and sat down in a chair. “I’m pretty sure you have lots of friends and we’ve only known each other for a month. So why did you pick my house to come to?” I did an uncomfortable giggle “Having money means all your friends are fake, any of my ‘friends’ would have started gossip. What reason would you have to start gossip about me? Also, theirs something about you that seems trustworthy so . . . it just felt right coming here.” Mr. Bang did a light laugh then walked towards the door exit “Goodnight.” I smiled “Good night Young Guk-shi.”