Finally Over

Dangerous Love
I speed walked down the hospital hall not wanting to stress the baby inside me too much. When I entered the white hospital room tears began to fill my eyes. After two months, I finally go to see the one thing I longed for, Loco. “Ok then, you should be healthy enough to leave the hospital” a doctor said to Loco. Then he faced me and pointed with a smile “seems someone else will finally be able to leave to.” Loco turned to me with a big smile, then speeded to embrace me after all this time. When he finally let go he looked straight at my belly with wide eyes. “Y-you’re” he struggled to get the words out with excitement in his voice. I nodded with a wide smile “five months” I replied. Loco laughed with joy as he hugged me again but this time lifted me in the air. When we finally arrived home (and Loco finally stopped talking about the baby), Loco offered to make dinner. I smiled happily excepting the offer, missing his food. As I sat down in the chair behind the counter Loco put a pan on the stove. “What happened to Zico?” he asked looking in the refrigerator. My heart skipped, as I was took off guard by the question. “He woke up three days after the accident. His body had lost two much blood so he was unconscious for a while.” Loco cracked an egg putting it into the pot. “I know that, but where is he now?” I looked at the bracelet on my wrist as I remembered the terrible memory. Once I could get my mind straight I began to tell him everything. 2 months before I woke up to the sound of ringing at 6:00 in the morning. Once I felt around my desk a bit, still laying down, I put my phone to my ear, silencing the ring. “Hello?” I answered in a sleepy voice. “Ah, Mrs. Wilkes, this is Dr. Song, I’m sorry I know it’s early, but I’d like to tell you the news.” I sat up in my bed hoping with all my heart that Loco had woken up from his coma. “Y-Yes?” “Mr. Woo has awoken and regained almost all his strength.” I felt my heart sank as I realized the man who did this to my fiancé had awoke while he was in a coma. “He has requested that you be the first person to visit him.” I did a low sad laugh “Ah, I understand I’ll be their shortly.” “Ok, thank you, good bye.” As I hung up the phone, I slowly walked to the closet, grabbing some clothes. A tear rolled down my face as I slipped my PJ’s clothes off to replace them with fresh clean clothes. Once I was done changing, I walked to the full body mirror next to my closet and stared at myself. I slowly placed a hand on my stomach then let all the memories flood through my mind. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “It’s ok, mommy will take care of you.” I opened my eyes, but this time with a different view . . . to make Zico suffer. I don’t know what exactly made me want to see Zico but now that I was standing in front of the brown hospital room doors, there was no going back. I knocked a few times then walked in. “Zico” I called nervously. I saw a man in a white hospital gown sitting on a cot by the window. I cautiously walked forward and put a hand on his shoulder. “Zico, are you ok?” Zico slowly looked up at me, I could see he was devastatingly sad. He stood up and put his arms around me. Maybe because I was in shock I let him embrace me, but only for a second then I pushed him off. “Don’t touch me” I said in a calm but cold manner. Zico stared at me with hurt eyes, that made me look away. I began to feel uncomfortable, as he just stared, not saying a word. Once I had enough of his guilty looks, I began to walk away. “I’m sorry, b-but I have to go.” I heard the sound of Zico taking another step closer to me as I walked away. “Wait, don’t go” he begged, in a quivering voice, holding out a hand. I turned around and stared him in the eyes. Tears had began to form in his eyes as he slowly came in front of me. He, once again, tried to put his arms around me but I pushed him off. “Please, just for a minute, let me hold you.” His words somehow caught me off guard, making me give up on fighting his embrace. As he hugged me, I was silent, not knowing what to say nor think. Then, I heard it, the sound of him crying. I had never saw him cry, not even when we were dating. But now, I was sure of it, he was crying. I slowly backed up as he let go, and stared at him. I couldn’t bring the courage to move or talk so I just stared. Then, slowly, he fell to his knees. “I’m sorry, Erica, I’m so sorry” he began to cry harder. I looked down at him in surprise but just couldn’t say anything. Then, he looked up at me, with the most sincere face I’d ever seen him make. “I’ll leave you alone, y-you and Loco.” I finally was able to move as I put a hand on his shoulder. “I don’t know how, b-but . . . ” My words were suddenly cut off by the sound of the door opening. Two police officers came in making me and Zico stand up. One held out a badge while the other walked to Zico with handcuffs. “Mr. Woo Ji Ho you are being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and harassment. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the state.” Zico eyes widened but he didn’t fight as the officer put him in hand cuffs and both police grabbed him walking him out. It all happened very fast, but one thing was very clear, Zico’s stare full of apology and sincerity. PRESENT As I snapped out of the vision, Loco placed a hot plate of egg fried rice with chicken in front of me. “That must have been hard for you” Loco said in a low voice. I shook my head and in a low obviously said voice said “It’s what he deserved.” Loco put a hand on my shoulder as he sat beside me with his food. “How long is he going to be in their?” “Two years.” Loco’s eyes winded in surprise, “Two years, he put me in a coma!” I shook my head “that wasn’t because of Zico, you don’t remember?” Loco looked down trying to remember, then shook his head. “You stabbed Zico in the stomach, then walked away. When you were walking you slipped on a building because off the rain and hit your head on concrete.” Loco looked back up seeming to not want to remember the memory. “Either way, he said he would leave us alone” he placed a hand on my stomach “so lets just focus on raising this baby.” I smiled nodding my head “Ok, let’s do that.” That Loco looked up with a big smile “I didn’t even ask, is it a boy or a girl?” I ate a bite of my rice as I did a mischievous smile “wouldn’t you like to know?” Loco laughed “come on, tell me!” “Fine, come closer” Loco leaned in as I put my lips to his ear “It’s a secret.”