Surprise News

Dangerous Love
I ran into the hospital room halfway falling as I found the most important person in the world to me, laying on a cot, unconscious. Next to him was the beast who made him that way, Zico. “Loco” I screamed in shock. I practically knelt next to him as tears found their way down my face. In the middle of my emotional breakdown two tall men walked up next to me “Excuse me Miss. Wilkes, may we have word?” I looked up wiping my red eyes “O-ok.” I walked down a long grey hallway wiping tears off my face every couple seconds. When I arrived at my destination, a gloomy grey room, I sat lazily in a seat in front of a small brown table. As I looked down playing with my fingers an interrogation officer, even bigger than the first two, walked in. “Hello Miss. Wilkes, please do not be alarmed I will just be asking a few questions about the victims.” I sarcastically laughed as I looked up “Victims” I couldn’t hide the anger in my voice “I think you mean victim. The man called Zico was a crazy stalker.” The police officer looked up with widened eyes “what do you mean stalker?” I did another sarcastic smirk “He’s crazy, a lunatic! My fiancé was only trying to protect me and he ended up being fatally injured!” I could tell I looked crazy because the officer nervously motion for me to sit down. “Please calm down Mrs. Wilkes, we’ll straighten this whole story out. Five hours after my interrogation, I was let go and Zico’s house was to be searched. At this point though, I couldn’t even celebrate because I was to depressed. Once I was in Loco’s room, I sat next to him, then stared at Zico. “Why?” I whispered as I felt a tear trickle down my face for the hundredth time that day. Then, suddenly my body aced of nausea. I ran to the bathroom desperately falling to my knees as I let the sickness get out of my body. After a few more toilet flushes I walked out of the bathroom clutching my stomach. As I walked into the hospital room, I saw a doctor just finishing Zico’s examination with a nurse. “Oh, hello Miss. Wilkes” he said. I bowed then felt a sharp pain in my stomach again, beginning to put my hands on it. The doctor looked at me in concern as he put a hand on my shoulder. “Are you ok?” I looked up and weekly smiled at him. “I actually feel a little nauseous,” I said with a week voice. He smiled and looked at the nurse behind him “Mrs. Song, may you give Miss. Wilkes a check up”? The nurse bowed then walked towards me signaling that I should follow her. After about an hour getting my blood, urine, cholesterol, and so on checked, I had to wait in another room for about another hour. I sat next to a little boy who kept sneezing and coughing all over the hospital toys and a mother who was trying to quiet her crying baby. The TV channel was on Pororo the Little Penguin, so getting amusement from that was out. I took a deep breath and grabbed a magazine, trying not to think about Loco too much. “Miss. Wilkes,” I heard a nurse yell. I eagerly stood up going to the women who yelled my name. “Follow me” she said in a professional voice. I bowed following her down the white hospital hallway. When we arrived at our destination I saw pregnant mothers and babies everywhere. “Excuse me, but aren’t we at a maternity ward?” I asked in a surprised, yet confused, voice. The nurse looked at me with a smile “yes, we have a few checkups we must do here to finish your checkup.” I nodded with a slight nervousness but still not fully processing the current events. I was sitting in a blue room, about twenty minutes after my checkup, when a nurse in white finally came to see me. She bowed and handing me some papers on a clipboard. I took the papers, looking confused “What are these for?” The nurse smiled, answering me “Congratulations Miss. Wilkes, you’re 3 months pregnant.”