Horrible News

Dangerous Love

I walked towards the Han River feeling more unsteady with every step I took. Once I arrived at a bench, I sat and admired the water. It looked so . . . brown. After staring at the water for a while someone tapped on my shoulder. I jumped in surprise but calmed down once I realized it was Zico. I stood up to look him up and down and examine how he’d changed, then was greeted with a hug. It felt weird but I didn’t stop him. Once he let go words spurted out my mouth not being able to wait. “When did you get out” He smiled seeming touched by my concern “Two days ago . . . good behavior.” I nodded understandingly “I have a lot more questions, but first tell me what was so important.” He looked down seeming to have his mood ruined. Once he looked up his face didn’t have a hint of happiness in it. “I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to see you again after this but I had to tell you.” I sat down on the bench, as he followed, all ears. “Back then, I wasn’t stalking you . . . I was on a task to kill Loco. The red writing was to trick him, it was my entire plan.” I stared at him in disgust a new monster replacing the old one. I stayed though, there had to be a reason for him telling me this. “T-They told me to kill him, if I didn’t they would kill my family. I couldn’t ask question, that was just how it works. I had to make it as if I was a stalker so the punishment wouldn’t be as severe and they wouldn’t be revealed.” I stared at him confused and shocked. “Who is ‘they’? How did you even meet them?” He looked me in the eyes; I could see how scared he was. “I don’t know, they made it so I wouldn’t be able to rat them out.” He looked away as he began to answer my second question. “When you were in a coma, I tried to find money to pay for your hospital bills. With school, my family, and your family . . . there just wasn’t enough. So . . . I joined a gang. I thought I could do some simple tasks, make the money, then leave. It wasn’t that simple though. It took me six months to make the money to pay for your hospital bills. I tried to leave but they told me I couldn’t, I had to do one last mission first. So I agreed, thinking it would be simple. I gave the money to your parents and told them to pay your bills. That’s when they said you woke up. I couldn’t let you see me like this . . . and th-their was just no way to hide it. So I lied and told them I had another girlfriend, so don’t let you look for me. When I went back, I found out they lied to me. Everything I thought that gang was, even their name, was fake. They were part of a much bigger organization that tricked me so I would do their dirty work. After I was threated and tortured . . . I had no choice. I began to watch Loco and study his life, looking for a right time to complete my task. When he coincidently met you. That’s when the plan came into action . . . but failed.” I was quiet for awhile, then I put a hand on his shoulder. “Thank you” was all I could say. Suddenly he started crying like a maniac and all I could do was feel bad for him. This man, I spent all this time hating, went through all this trauma because of me. I heard him try to speak, but it must have been hard because it took him a few tries. “My whole family is dead” he whispered “because I failed.” He stood up and looked me straight in the eyes “Erica, be careful, Loco has an unknown story behind him that even I don’t know.” Then he walked away leaving me in tears with a million different emotions over powering me.