Finally Awake

Dangerous Love
I smiled at Haneul, rubbing his head, as he slept silently, today I would move in with Youngguk and really begin taking care of Jung. I heard my phone sing a short tune: Zico: Meet me at the Han River at 7 Me: I’ll try I don’t want Youngguk to become suspicious Zico: Ok . . . I put my phone down and looked at Haneul once more “How’d I end up in this mess?” Haneul lay silently seeming to also not know the answer. I smiled then walked to the front of the hospital to finally venture into my new life. Youngguk’s black car drove to the front of the hospital fifteen minutes later, I got in after taking a long deep breath. As the car started moving, I looked to the back of the car. “Where is Haneul?” I really wanted to reunite with him after he lost his mother.“Ah, I hired a nanny.” I looked back in front of me disappointed, nodding my head. The drive was awkward and quiet but I didn’t mind because being out the hospital felt too good. Once we arrived at the house, I rushed in the house. As soon as I got inside Jung rushed up to me as if he’d been waiting. “Ahjumma!” he hugged me tight, I returned it picking him up. “Did you miss me?” he nodded his head with a big smile that showed he was missing his two front teeth. I walked into the kitchen sitting at the counter with him. “You want ice cream?” he nodded happily, before I could even ask a maid rushed to the freezer. “I want to go visit mommy” his words struck me hard. “Ah . . . chinja? Do you want to go tomorrow?” Jung jumped up and down “Dae!” I smiled, nodding my head, as two bowls of ice cream were placed in front of us. I put Jung to sleep at 8, Youngguk had to leave for work about ten minutes later, I took my chance to go see Zico. The Han River was quite as usual, surprisingly Zico was there first. “Zico” I walked up to him, smiling, sitting on our bench. He looked at me a depressed smile “Ah, you’re here.” I touched his hand “What’s wrong?” He shook his head and pulled his hand away. I was took aback “Why won’t you tell me?” He looked down at the ground “Are you playing with me?” I did a little sarcastic chuckle “Why would you even say that?” “Why? You already live with this Youngnam or whatever guy and I know you don’t love him . . . did you even really get over Loco?” Loco’s name sent a stinging pain through my heart, I never realized how much I missed him. “I never loved Youngguk and I’m fully over Loco.” Zico turned his head at my words staring me straight in the eyes “Then why do we have to keep our relationship a secret? I can provide a good life for the kids too!” I broke our gaze not being able to look at him “I can’t just abandon Mr. Bang . . . he doesn’t have anyone.” Zico laughed not being able to take my words “Alone? What about me? Do I go home to a family? What about Loco? You made him loose his whole family!” He stood up infuriated, my calm attitude was replaced by anger “Are you telling me I should have stayed with Loco? Didn’t he kill your whole family, how can you defend him?” Zico was yelling now “I’m just using him as an example . . . FINE! What about me and Bang Youngnam-guk? It’s either me or him . . . you can’t have both.” I stood up about to reply when my phone rang, I grabbed it reading the callers name, Loco. I answered not caring whether Zico was looking or not. “Yeoboseyo?” “Erica? Come to the hospital fast!” I heard the anxiousness in his voice “Why what happened?” I waited for an answer but he already hung up. I looked at Zico “did you bring your car?” He nodded. “Take me to the hospital!” I arrived at the hospital fifteen minutes after Loco’s call. I ran up to Haneul’s room but he wasn’t there. A rush of worry ran over me as I ran down the hall looking for Loco. “Erica!” I heard a yell behind me, it was Youngguk. I ran up to him “Do you know where Haneul is?” I pointed down the hall “Hurry up follow me!” I ran down the hall nearly falling as we approached two double doors. There were six seats in front of them. Jung was sitting in one, I rushed over to him. “Jung, have you seen Haneul?” He pointed to the doors “He’s in there . . . but we have to wait.” I wanted to ask questions but I was too nervous so I waited quietly. After about 10 minutes a doctor walked out. “Who is Mrs. Wilk-?” he called I stood up before he even finished his words “Me!” I walked slowly behind the doctor nervous to see my son. When we got to the door of Haneul’s room the doctor smiled, gesturing for me to go in “Your son’s waiting for you.” I walked in slowly, there was a cot only a few feet from the door, a little boy with pitch black hair sat on it staring at me. “Umma, my head hurts!” he pouted with his chubby cheeks. “Haneul!” I practically screamed as I rushed towards him, hugging him with all my might. The child only whined “Umma! Hajima! You’re squishing me!” Tears rolled down my face as I held my son “Ok, ok, I’ll let go.” As I did I looked at his beautiful face, he didn’t understand anything that was going on and I loved it that way. I was in the middle of teasing my adorable child when four people walked in, Jung, Youngguk, Loco, and Zico. Haneul hopped off the cot smiling “Jung!” he exclaimed. They went into their own wonderland as I stood up looked at the remaining three. “Haneul, take Jung out to the waiting room, Umma will be out in a minute.” Haneul obeyed walking out in a matter of seconds, closing the door behind him. I looked at all three of the men feeling many different emotions. “I will be staying with my mother for a while until I but a house.” I said quietly turning to Youngguk. “I’m sorry but I just have to figure it out and just think, I can’t live with you . . . I just can’t.” I couldn’t bear to see his expression and turned to Zico starting to speak before he could say anything. “Zico if I could explain how I feel when I’m with you, it’d take a million words. I-I just really can’t do this yet . . . I now have not one but two children to look after, I’m sorry.” I felt a tear slide down my face as I quickly wiped it. I slightly bowed than walked towards the door. “What about me?” I turned to see Loco staring at me with pain in his eyes. I sarcastically laughed, “You’re not even worth my time.” I turned back around and walked out, leaving the three men to themselves.