The Love Theory

The Big Crush Theory: TaePyo edition!

The bright street lights flash right in front his sensible brown eyes, that strong orange color mixing with the city lights on the background as the car moves faster when they turn in a less transited curve of the highway. Street lights keep flashing quickly one by one as he looks out the window; finally seeing the dark night sky covered by all those small starts which has been overshadowed by the fake spark of neon lights for such a long time. The night was particularly quiet, and even thought every single window in the car was closed, the nice smell of green fields is still able to sneak inside along with the soft perfume of flowers; which invade his lungs with the pleasant scent of pure nature so characteristic of the wonderful areas far away from the bustling city.

A long, mild sighs slip softly through Taeil’s pink lips as his already dreamy orbs watch in delight how the car moves farther and farther away from the city… even when he doesn’t even know why or where they are going. Slowly, his gaze places itself at his left; putting his completely attention on his step brother: on Jihoon’s concentrate brown eyes looking at the road, on Jihoon’s big hands holding nicely the wheel, on Jihoon’s strong body sitting relaxed and perfectly straight while driving, on Jihoon’s warm skin shining smoothly under the moonlight, on Jihoon’s golden hair slightly disheveled, on Jihoon’s sweet lips exhaling calm and steady.

Taeil feels how a mild blush tickles his cheeks as he stares a little bit too long at his step brother’s mouth; and when he sees how a smirk forms in those lips he can just bite hard his bottom lip and turn his gaze away, cursing himself inside of his brilliant mind when Jihoon’s voice was passing nicely through his ears. –You are too quiet, little nerd… It’s something wrong?-

So Taeil clears his throat first, fixing his glasses and remaining his eyes out the window before his brain quickly finds a mocking answer to ease his nervousness. –No, I was just thinking. You know, that thing Google does for you.-

But Jihoon just chuckles, in that seductive way. -So mean out of a sudden. Are you nervous, baby?- he wonders, so low and so soft, not helping him to calm down at all.

A rush of heat burns Taeil’s face a bit more redder because of that voice and that adjective the older boy had so selfishly put for him; making him feel extra nervous and anxious. -W-where are we going?- he asks instead of answering, but still his shaking voice was honest about it.

-Somewhere…- it’s the simple responds Jihoon gives him; not really answering anything either.

It was more than obvious Taeil couldn’t keep quiet with that, but when his next question was about to pass through his lips the car carefully started to go slower and slower; until it stops somewhere in the middle of a big, green field Taeil have never seen before. It wasn’t precisely a field per se, it was more close to be a forest because tall trees where spread around the beautiful place yet you could see clearly the vast night sky in all its mesmerizing glory. Slowly and dazed the brown haired boy opens the door, stepping out the car kindly and feeling the wonderful aroma of the night filling his soul with peace while his curios impatient eyes start to travel around the natural landscape… it looked so perfect, so un-touch by the cruel hand of the human industry that Taeil even thought they were the first ones being there.  

-Do you like it?- there’s a warm voice whispering on his ear, so low like if it was a bit louder it could make the whole landscape fall apart.

Taeil’s shining eyes turn their attention away, placing themselves into those brown orbs finding not only that Jihoon was already hugging him by the waist but also that Jihoon was already so close to him. His anxious heart starts to pound quickly against his chest and the stupid blush on his cheeks burns brighter when suddenly he feels a strong urge to have those lips against his in a sweet, deep kiss… so the only thing he could do was fix his glasses one more time and nod softly at Jihoon’s question because his feelings had left him without words to speak.

And so Jihoon smiles at him, with that contagious smile it makes Taeil smile as well. His hand slowly find it’s way around the boy’s small one; kindly dragging his younger step brother after a nice and low ‘let’s go’. They calmly started to walk, following the path Jihoon’s feet remembered so well, and in what seemed a short sigh they were standing in front of one tall tree in particular, in which the moonlight pass nicely through its leafy crown and a big part of the vast night sky could be seen without nothing in between; while a perfectly made tent lay beside it.

-Is this Wonderland?- Taeil couldn’t believe his eyes and the question just slipped out his mouth in a low mumble he barely heard.

But Jihoon heard it, loud and clear enough to make him smile wider at how adorable Taeil can be. –Come…- it’s all what he can whisper as he gently drags the smaller boy closer to the tree; not wanting to break Taeil’s amazed gaze on his beautiful brown eyes.

They quietly sit at the base of the big tree, having the white light of the shining Moon caressing their faces in a gentle touch. The short little boy was lying comfortably against his step brother’s chest as those strong arms hold him kindly wrapped around his waist. The smooth breeze of the forest brought to Jihoon’s nose the sweet scent of Taeil, making him so addicted to it that he couldn’t help but nuzzled those clear locks and hug his little brother closer, feeling how Taeil trembles shyly in his possessive embrace.

-W-why are we here…?- Taeil’s curios question breaks softly the nice silence of the night, and Jihoon can also see an adorable bright red staining those cute cheeks.   

So he smiles, leaning his head on the smaller boy’s shoulders. –It’s a surprise, and it will take 5 minutes or so to come so we can talk till then.- he kindly explains, chuckling softly when a cute pout form in those pouty lips.

-Okay…- Taeil mumbles somewhat impatient because he knows Jihoon won’t tell him what the surprise is. –So… what happened lately?- he wonders curios one more time as his dark eyes quickly find a comfortable place up in the shining stars.

-Honestly? I don’t have idea. I don’t remember anything but missing you all this past five days.- Jihoon whispers low and serious against that small ear, watching attentively how the little boy bites hard his bottom lip so nervously.

-Oh r-really?- it what all what the brown haired boy could mumble as he nervously fixes his glasses.

And Jihoon smiles a bit mischievous. –Yeah, really…- he whispers once again in that small ear, but this time a little lower and ier making the young boy blush even more embarrassed. So he chuckles then, making a casual comment to ease Taeil’s nervousness. –Oh, now that I remember, I talked with my mom a few days ago.-

But judging by the way Taeil turns his head around to look at him with big, surprised eyes Jihoon knows that wasn’t precisely something that could calm the short boy down. -Really?! But how…?! When…?!  What…?!- the little boy wonders without finishing any of his questions, the excitement so clearly painted all over his flush cute face.

-Well, my dad managed to get her number and I just call her.- Jihoon says simply, loving the way Taeil frowns at how unsatisfactory that answer was for his curiosity.

-But what did you talked about? Was she nice…?- Taeil wonders again but this time a sweet tone of honest concerned rang in his mellow voice; making the blonde’s heart skip a strong beat.

-Yeah, she was… the first thing she said was ‘I’m so sorry’ she told me everything about what happened and she explained to me why she made the decision to leave my dad and me. I really could felt her sincerity through her voice and she even started to cry… I didn’t knew what to do, so I told her I forgive her and she started to say ‘thank you’ over and over again and she sounded so in peace… but I felt like that too; actually, I felt like she had never left me.- Jihoon tells softly, as a happy smile curves in his lips at the end of his words.

And Taeil can’t help but smile as well when a warm sensation wraps around his pounding heart just because he sees and feels how happy and relieved Jihoon is… but a weird stab of pain cross his heart at the next words Jihoon says. –Oh, she told me I have two younger sisters and they want to meet me some day; she already invited me to go and stay with them next holidays.-

Taeil knows this feeling so well; it’s the same feeling he has when he sees Jihoon walking away but a million of times worst: the only idea of Jihoon being so far away it terrifies him, it make his skin go pale and cold, it makes the spark of his eyes turn off, and makes his heart numb in every single slow heartbeat... It’s awful; the piercing sensation of fear taking over his weak soul and fragile heart it’s awful.

–Oh… t-that’s good…- was all what it could pass through the knot forming on Taeil’s throat as he looks down to fight against the urge to cry.

But before any sad tear could slip out his eyes Taeil feels a sweet kiss on his burning cheek, and then a hand kindly takes his chin making him look up at the dark sky once again; hearing a soft whisper caressing his ear. –Look, baby; your surprise it’s here.-

Taeil’s brown eyes open wide at the beautiful sight up in the sky: small balls of an incandescent red cross the night sky, falling quick one after one in the glorious Meteor shower he had wanted to see since he heard about how fascinating this phenomenon was… but Taeil could never find a proper adjective to describe what he is watching: the way the meteors shine so vividly as that furious red mix harmoniously with the sparkling yellow and vibrant orange was something haunting;  the way those balloons on fire seem to be flying nicely through the dark sky was something beautiful; and the way they slowly lost themselves in the infinity Universe when the Earth comes out they trajectory was something dreamlike.

Taeil carefully stands up from the ground, watching how a few small meteors keep still raining high above his mesmerized eyes. –Jihoon… this is…- he mumbles almost audible, still so dizzy and excited of what he is watching.

Warm hands quickly find their way around his waist, pulling him in that comfortable hug against his step brother’s chest. –Yes, a Meteor shower.- Jihoon whispers sweetly on his ear, his low husky tone mixing with it.

The brown haired boy slowly turns around, looking with a curios and confuse gaze at those deep eyes. -How did you knew…?- he wonders with a slight frown on his blushed face.

But Jihoon just smirks at him, talking with that proud tone of soft voice. –I was pretty lucky to find out that tonight it will be the last Meteor shower of August, so I’ve planned everything since you left: I search for this place and the exact hour the shower would start; and I made the tent this afternoon so that’s why I couldn’t pick you up from that JB boy’s house.-

-Y-you planned this for me?- Taeil wonders as his surprise eyes blink quickly, feeling how his heart beats fast in happiness when that smile appears one more time in Jihoon’s handsome features.

-Didn’t you said a Meteor shower was what you wanted to see the most?- Jihoon asks in a kind mumble, slowly leaning closer to the little boy in his tight embrace who could only nod in respond… and Jihoon smirks slightly mischievous when those soft cheeks stain with a bright red color because of how low and playful he whispers his next question. -Then what makes you think I could not do this just for you, baby?-

Words weren’t needed anymore; who could want words when the person you love looks so innocent and ready for a kiss? Jihoon surely wasn’t one of those and less if Taeil looks down at his lips, pleading in that adorable shy way to be kissed. Kind yet sweetly longingly lips find each other in a slow, loving kiss; while two hearts beat happily in sync when the warm sensation of being together once again fills Taeil’s and Jihoon’s souls with joy… but when tongues brushed sensually together sending small but strong waves of pleasure down in the boys’ bodies the warmness slowly started to heat up, waking up that other nice sensation of being with the person you love in a little more intimate way.

Slow and kindly Jihoon pulls away a little to look into those beautiful orbs shining more than any start on this vast Universe. They dreamy glances meet, getting sparks between each other almost instantly: and just like their eyes their mouths smiles along, sharing the exact same unique feeling, the same deep emotion of pure happiness… and it was just there, in that magic moment that Taeil’s heart couldn’t keep that overwhelming secret inside anymore.

-I love you…- words pass through his lips like a whisper, but it was loud and strong enough to stop being a secret.

Taeil can see how Jihoon’s eyes open wide and his plump lips part slightly open, and a sudden rush of fear tickles his heart one more time. -What…?- he hears how Jihoon mumbles unbelieving, making his heart throb uneasy.

But Taeil is sure of what he feels; he knows this whirlwind of new and unique emotions can’t be anything else but love. So taking a deep breath he manages to say what his heart has been screaming. –I love you, Jihoon… M-maybe this is not the conventional love you are used to, that people is used to, but this is my love for you. I can’t really say I understand everything you make me feel, there still are so many unknown emotions inside my heart but every single one makes me smile, makes me happy, makes me want to say to the whole galaxy that you are mine… But now that I can say it out loud I feel that maybe this is not love, maybe this is something bigger and stronger and unique. Maybe this is something it shouldn’t have a name, a tag; this is something it should be free, it should be expressed… But how can I show it to you? How can I make you know what you cause on me? How I show you the effects you have on me? There aren’t words, there will never be because words are so small, words are so cold for all what I feel… but I succumb to those words, to that phrase to show you, at least, part of how much important you are to me.- 

His cheeks burned shyly when that honest confession left his mouth without a second thought, but he can feel how his heart now feels a little bit lighter than before, a little bit more in peace with itself... but when tears drops were raining from those warm eyes a horrible sensation of pain stabbed him cruelly. –Jihoon, w-why are you crying?- he ask concerned, looking into those full-of-tears brown orbs with fear.

But Jihoon doesn’t say anything, Jihoon just sobs and hugs him tightly; burring his face in Taeil’s neck crook and crying even more loudly. –Jihoon, I-I’m sorry… please, don’t cry… I-I’ll never say it again if it hurts you.- he promises, even if his heart hurts like hell at the only thought.

-No!- but Jihoon exclaims then as he pulls away to look straight into the younger boy’s eyes, making Taeil shiver at the sudden act. -I love you too! I really do! I just… I’m so happy, Taeil. D-do you know how long I’ve been waiting for hear you say that to me? Years, but it seemed centuries. Since the first time I laid my eyes on you I’ve loved you, don’t ask me why or how I just know that’s how I felt that day you walked inside the classroom… but then I realize you were too far away from me, you were so impossible for me that you could never look at me, I could never be important to you… it hurt so deep to know that you will never love me that I… I just wanted to stay by your side, to have you close; and the only solution I found was to bully you… I know it was so lame, so stupid, and that only could make you hate me but… but at least, even if it hurt, you could’ve been with me… That was all it mattered to me.-

Words confessing years of loving feelings secretly kept hang in the air around Taeil who could only smile warmly at the boy in front of him, feeling truly happy to know that not only Jihoon loves him too but also that Jihoon had just wanted be by his side all this time… and that’s one of the sweetest thing Jihoon had done for him. How did him to keep all those feelings inside for so long? How did he fake hate when actually he was dying inside to love? Taeil just spend a few months with all those new sensations and he couldn’t handle it anymore, how did Jihoon endure suppressing something so uncontrollable all these years…?

“You endure so much pain because of me… I don’t deserve you.” Taeil thinks with guilt as his hands kindly find its way to cup Jihoon’s cheeks lovingly. “…But I’ll work hard to deserve you one day, I promise.” He smiles believing in his secret promise as his thumbs gently brush way those warm tears.

-Dummy monkey boy… stop crying.- Taeil mumbles softly, watching how the moonlight rains over them, illuminating Jihoon’s lips curving in a beautiful smile.

-I love you, Taeil… I love you.- Jihoon whispers, looking down at him with that spark on his warm brown orbs that Taeil never knew what it was… but now its more clearer and brighter than ever.

And Taeil smiles wider, feeling how his heart beats fast and happy and feeling how Jihoon’s heart pounds just as fast and as happy as his as he gently pulls Jihoon closer till their breathes caress each other lips in that sweet way of advance of what will come later… and their lips find once again, in that longing bound it makes them feel closer and together than ever; in that bond with seals their confessions with an act that speak more than any word anyone could invent.

In a bond which says everything that anyone could dream to hear.


Guys, next chapter will be last one ;_____________;