The Video Game Factor

The Big Crush Theory: TaePyo edition!

Hey you all! How are you?~ I'm so happy for all the subscribers and comments and, ugh, thank you so much for reading this! ^^ I hope you will enjoy today's chapter as well! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way to Taeil’s house wasn’t so long; and after 10 minutes of walking and talking about new video games they should try, the two boys were already in the house. Yet the loud noise of laughs and people talking made the little boy roll his black eyes boringly. –They are here already…- he mumble, taking out his backpack as his friend does is too.

-How did they come so fast?- Jiho asks confuse, taking his shoes off as he puts them besides his friend’s.

-The monkey boy has a car, don’t forget he is a spoiled brat.- the smaller boy whispers with a smirk, making his friend chuckle.

-Little nerd! Are you home?!- the shout from his step-brother echoes in the house, the husky voice reaching his ears so annoyingly mocking.

Yet the smirk in the brown hair boy’s pink lips gets wider and mischievous. –Zico, I have an idea…- is all what he whispers, looking into his friend’s eyes.

-Gotcha~- is all what Jiho says with a cheeky smirk, knowing that he only has to follow his short friend’s show.

The two of them put a straight face then, walking into the living room calmly as they see two boys sitting in one of the big couches and the other two standing in front of the HD TV playing with the bran new PlayStation 4.

-What are you doing?- Taeil asks, a soft frown appearing in his baby face.

-Playing, little nerd. Can’t you see the obvious?- Jihoon answers mockingly, long strands of golden hair swaying in the air as he turns looking back at the shorter boy.

-Oh I can, monkey boy. But it seems you can’t see through the meaning of my question so let me explaining it to you in words your simple mind can understand.- Taeil mocks as well, seeing how the taller boy rolls his eyes annoy. –Today is Friday, and Friday is my day to use the PlayStation.- he says in a the fakest kind tone of voice. 

But the blonde boy laughs softly. -What makes you think I give a about it?- he falsely wonder, hearing his friends chuckling.

-Oh, yes, I’m so sorry. It’s just I see your human form and I forget that you don’t have a single trace of humanity inside, and all what you are is just a not tamed animal.- the small boy comments sarcastically acid, smirking victorious.

-A not tamed animal, uh?- Jihoon mumbles with a smirks as well. –So, why don’t we solve this in my not- tame- animal way?- he asks, raising his eyebrow in a challenging expression.

Taeil’s small eyes turn for a moment, taking quickly glance of Jiho by his side, seeing the mischievous sparkle in those sharp eyes as he knows his plan is working perfectly. So his eyes turn back to his step-brother.

-Okay, monkey boy. I hope you won’t retract your word when I beat you.- he says with overflowing confidence as he walks a few steps closer, snatching the joystick from one of the ‘gang’ members.

-Nerd, you better give me that thing back or I’m gonna punch your fat face.- the boy says threatening, looking at him with big and threatening eyes which don0t scared Taeil at all.

-I rather have a fat face than a long one like yours, cucumber.- the short boy mocks, fixing his glasses as he sees the anger in those black orbs.

Hands tug strongly on his collar then, bringing him closer to the boy’s face. -Say that again, I dare you…- he whispers annoyed, making Taeil chuckle amused.

-I rather have a fat face than a long one like yours, cucumber.- Taeil repeats his words, quizzical and cheeky, loving how angry Park Kyung is right now.

His black eyes watch attentively how the red hair boy lift his fist ready to slam it in his chubby face… but before that could happen there’s a big hand grabbing that fist, stopping Kyung’s in silent as the boy looks back at his step-brother’s intense stare. Kyung lets him go then, giving him one last nasty look before sitting down in the couch along with the other three boys.

-So...- Taeil says then. -What are we going to play?- he asks, seeing how the blonde opens a little box and takes out the CD.

-Mortal Kombat, obviously.- Jihoon answers with a smirks. –But let’s leave the game choose the players.- he comments, looking back at the TV.

-Fair enough.- Taeil mumbles simply, turning his gaze to the screen as well as the two of them wait to see with which character they will play. 

A few laughs fill the silent living room as the game show them the result, feeling the taller boy’s eyes set on him like if he was expecting him to look back. So the brown hair boy calmly turns his black orbs, seeing that stupid confident spark in his step-brother’s eyes like if the game was already done and Jihoon had won.

“Oh, this is gonna be so good in the end” the short boy thinks, holding back a smirk as his enemies’ mouth opens again to speak.

-So, you got Kitana. That's a girl, by the way.- Jihoon comment ‘casually’, his disgusting mocking tone ringing so obvious in his words.

-Yes, I know how a girl is. You actually look like one with that long hair, and if it wasn’t for the fact that you don’t have s and you are uglier than Chewbacca I could have thought you were one.-  Taeil answers ‘casually’ as well, giving the other boy a cute quizzical smile.

-Who’s Chewbacca?- the blonde boy wonders with a confuse expression, making Jiho at the back explode in laughter, his hyena-like laugh echoing around the house..

-What are you laughing at, idiot?- Jihoon exclaims, looking back at the tall boy standing in the entry.

-Hey, hey, watch it. Jiho is smarter than the four of you combine, so don’t call him that.- Taeil says angry as rarely happens, staring at his step-bother with sharp eyes.

-Awww, how cute. The nerd is trying to defend his little friend.- Jihoon comments in a mocking tone, hearing the other three boys laughing.

And so Taeil smirks. –I’m not trying, I am defending him.  Learn the different, monkey boy.- he says in a low, confident tone; enjoying how the taller boy looks so mad and annoyed.

-Shut up and let’s play, I’m losing time talking bull with you.- Jihoon hiss bother, turning his eyes to the big screen as he miss the amusing smile the short boy send to his friend.

-Come on, P.O. Win this quick so we can play Call Of Duty already.- a boy with small, smiley eyes says tiredly from the big couch, looking boringly at the TV.

-This is gonna be quick, Kwonnie. The nerd has a girl and Jihoon has Scorpion, is gonna be over in five minutes or so.- a very stylish boy tells  to his friend, leaning comfortably in the soft couch.

And Taeil sighs tired at that last comment. –Ahn Jaehyo, the fact that Kitana is a girl it doesn’t mean she is weak. Actually, women can endure more pain than men; so you should think before talking.- he explains to the handsome boy, looking back at him for a moment. -Oh well, maybe that’s too much for ask you.- he mumbles mockingly as he sees the puzzle expression in those soft features.

-And FYI, it doesn’t matter what character you got; if you are a great player you can beat anyone.- Taeil adds, giving the pretty boy a victorious smile before placing his black eyes in the blondie standing beside him.

-Are you done with your boring lesson?- Jihoon asks, the bother still pinching hard inside him.

Taeil smiles cutely then. –For an inferior mind like you it’s boring, but you know I’ll keep talking and you know you’ll keep listen to me and both of us know… that you could never shut me up.- he tells sincerely, hearing his step brother chuckling.

-Let’s just play.- the tall boy mumbles, looking back at the TV as Taeil does too.

The classical sign of ‘Fight’ appears in the big, flat screen as the first round starts; along with the cheers for those four loud boys in the couch encouraging Jihoon as Jiho’s powerful and enthusiastic voice fill Taeil’s ears giving him confidence to win this. Although that he already has a lot of confidence, a bit more won’t kill him ¿right?

And it won’t, of course. The first round finishes after a few punches and kicks, consecrating the small boy as partial winner as the second round starts. But this time there’s nobody cheering; all pair of eyes are fixed in the even game playing in front of them. For short moments the advantage is for the blonde boy, but then with fast fingers pressing the buttons Taeil has the advantage again; protecting it with all the knowledge he has of this particular game, remembering the best tricks as he sees the power bar of his opponent losing life at every move his girl make. And then, after ephemeral but desperate minutes, the sign of ‘finish him’ is showed for him, and a victorious smirks curves in his face as he hits a few buttons. Doing the best fatality ever, Taeil tastes victory in his mouth as his shining eyes look at the big boy at his right; seeing that annoying gaze in those brown orbs.

-Ah, … ¿how did that happen?- Taeil hears the incredulous whispers of Jaehyo behind his back.

-Who cares? It was amazing!- then comes Ukwon’s amused low response.

-It was epic, actually. Did you see Scorpion breaking in thousands of pieces? And all the  blood!- a new voice joins in from the gang, it was the quiet one sitting at the end of the couch whom haven’t say anything so far. 

-What are you saying, Minhyuk? Jihoon lost and that stupid nerd won.- and Kyung bother hiss comes next, making him smirk even more.

-For being a ‘gang’ you sure gossip a lot.- Taeil mocks, his dark eyes never leaving those clear ones. –And your boss sure play likes… Oh, what an irony! I can’t say ‘like a girl’- he chuckles amused, loving the way Jihoon’s eyebrows frowns so much.

-Shut up, nerd and take the ing joystick.- the tall boy grumbles annoy, handing him the other control.

So Taeil let out a small laugh as he looks back at Jiho, seeing his best friend covering his mouth with both hands to prevent a big and strident laugh. He bits his bottom lip as those sharp eyes close tight because it must be really difficult for his friend to do so; and then he place his eyes once again in his step brother, giving him his control.

-What…?- Jihoon wonders confuse, frowning even more if it’s possible.

-We don’t want to play with the PS4. We want to play Mario Kart in the Wii.- the small boy tells, leaving the joystick in the coffee table as he walks back to Jiho’s side; winning puzzle gazes from everyone in the gang.

-So why did why play?- Jihoon asks, still not understanding anything.

And so Jiho just couldn’t hold it back anymore. His hyena laugh rings loud in the place, annoying the other boys even more as they look at him with harsh glances. Taeil could only hold his stomach because it was too damn funny and he couldn’t help to laugh to hard. An arm find its way around his tall friend’s shoulders then, while he tries to catch his breath as his eyes stares at his step-brother from afar.

-To show you that I’m better than you, monkey boy. I just don’t need it.- he says simply, giving him a playful wink.

-Come Zico, let’s play Mario Kart~- Taeil tells to his best friend turning around as Jiho bounce a little in his place.

-Yeah! I’m gonna pick Mario!- Jiho shouts excited, running up stairs as the small boy looks astonish how fast this boy was.

-No, Zico! I’m gonna pick Mario! You have to be Luigi or Yoshi!- Taeil shouts back whining, as he follows his friend quickly up the stair before the big boy steal the character from him.

Hearing the hush sound of foots running around the house Jihoon just sighs tiredly, throwing the control to Yukwon’s lap as his friend quickly grab its and stood up ready to play with Kyung who was already putting a new game in the PS4. The blonde boy plops down in the comfy couch besides Jaehyo, seeing that smirks already curved in his friend’s lips; knowing clearly what it means.

-Shut up, hyung. Just shut up.- the blonde mumbles weakly, although not a single word came out through those thin lips.

Jihoon’s clear eyes turn to that lonely stairs while Taeil’s cute whine was still echoing in his head like some soundtrack of a summer movie; as well with the memory of those black, shining eyes staring at him is still so fresh in his mind…

….And a small smile slyly paints on his lips.