Groundless

Eiryia's Winner Oneshot Collection

My contribution to the minyoon ficexchange (go read!)

Groundless

for icbjvip

"Everyone thought Song Mino was unbreakable, indestructible, invincible. But after every diss has been said and battles he had won, they don't know whose arms he climbs into when he takes off his armor and shreds all of his pretenses away"

 

 

Seungyoon sat in silence staring into the white wall at the opposite end of the room, another hour or maybe two then Mino would be back. He picked up the guitar next to him on the bed and began plucking its strings mindlessly. All this waiting was driving him mad. He had a lot to do, with deadlines hanging over him like never before and yet he could not find it in him to focus.

Everything would just have to wait for him, in the same way that he waited for Mino.

 

Mino just walked out of the recording room, he had once again made it through another round. It had been a close call this time and he didn’t like it. The fact that he had to prove himself over and over each week didn’t bother him. It was how difficult it was to get recognized amongst others that got to him.

Being an underground rapper for all these years had given him plenty of experience. He owned the stage and he was well known for his lyrical endeavors. Yet on a televised show like this, what used to matter most took the backseat to make room for flamboyant showmanship, entertainment. Entertained, he did and with each round he had fought hard to stay relevant.

Heading down the hall towards the exit he passed a door that was halfway open. He could hear people talking in low voices coming from within. He wasn’t the type to listen in to such conversations but after hearing his own name, the temptation was simply too great.

Walking past the door, he stopped and gingerly leaned against the wall right behind it.

"It doesn’t matter how good he is, he can’t win. We have to get him out of the competition before the crowds have a say."

Someone was walking around in there and there was a moment of silence before he heard a different voice say,

"The crowds love an underdog, don’t they? They will vote for him, he is good enough. You’re absolutely right." 

He couldn’t tell for sure, but as they had mentioned his name only moments before, he couldn’t help but suspect that they were talking about him. As they began talking again he could hear hurried footsteps approach his direction with the door slamming shut in seconds.

Did he even want to know? He had his suspicions of course but this added significant weight to his worries. Exactly how staged are these shows anyway?

Stopping another few meters down the hall he pulled out a pair of earplugs and connected them to his phone. Maybe some music would help cheer him up. He didn’t wish to bother Seungyoon about this and so he really needed to brighten up before he came back or Seungyoon would catch on to him. Walking up the last few stairs to the apartment he pulled in a huge gulp of air and puffed up his chest. He was fine, things had gone well and everything was good. Repeating this once more in his head he walked in the front door.

 

Minutes later, he was giving the door to the bedroom a small nudge. He peeked inside only to find Seungyoon fast asleep. Mino carefully put down his things by the door and walked inside without turning on the light. A guitar was lying beside Seungyoon on the bed and Mino had to pry his hand open to remove it.

Laying down on top of the covers, he put his arm around the sleeping Seungyoon. His shoulder and cheek were cold and so Mino pulled the cover up around him.

"If you want to sleep, that’s okay."

Mino said while resting his chin on top of Seungyoon’s head. Staring into the darkness he noticed just how sleepy and tired he was himself as his eyes had begun burning from lack of sleep.

"Welcome home."

Seungyoon mumbled into Mino's chest while wrapping an arm around his waist. Mino responded by moving down to lie on his back beside him.

"How did it go today?"

Seungyoon asked in a sleepy voice getting up to rest on his elbow. Mino looked up at him wondering how much he should tell. Deciding on the simple facts he said,

"I made it through another round, but it’s going to be a real struggle for a while. At least until the live performances start, if I even can make it that far."

Seungyoon blinked down at him while arching his eyebrows a little. He realized his mistake as soon as the words had left his mouth.

"You don’t think you’ll make it? Since when did you start thinking like that? Did something happen?"

Seungyoon questioned, giving him a worried look. Having never shown any doubt prior whether he would make it or not, it was no wonder that Seungyoon had reacted like that.

The two of them had grown up in the same city, but gone to different schools. Even so they were faintly familiar with each other from early age because they had gotten to know each other through the community center where there was an open music club.

With both of them being interested in music from early on, he had quickly become a regular, practicing his rap skills with those that shared a similar interest within the neighborhood. Seungyoon had been just as enthusiastic about music back then as he was. They rarely practiced music together however; Seungyoon was in a rock band back then and was playing his guitar.

As they got older they both aimed to follow their dream and their friendship had grown stronger as more and more people fell off on the path to making it.

It was during their last year of high school when it all had changed. Seungyoon’s band had broken up and instead of looking for a new one to join had he immersed himself in his studies. Despite that change, Mino still steadily worked his way towards his dream of becoming an acknowledged rapper.

They had lost contact at one point and it was only by accident that they had run into each other a few years later. Seungyoon had applied for a job at the convenience store he worked at and Mino was the one assigned to do the training. Meeting at work on a regular basis they had begun catching up which had later led to frequently meeting each other in their free time. That was when their friendly feelings somehow turned into something more and there they were now, living together as lovers.

Mino still worked hard towards fulfilling his dream to get signed as a rapper to a music company. Seungyoon having given up on a career around music was now studying medicine to one day become a medical practitioner. 

"Where did your confidence go? We need to go find it."

Seungyoon said as he had still not come up with a good reply. His words brought Mino's mind back to reality and he sat up as well and gave it some thought before answering.

"It’s just a feeling I have, it seems somewhat pre-determined. I just overheard something today, don’t worry."

He saw something that looked a lot like a flash of anger cross Seungyoon’s face for a moment before he managed to pull together enough to give him a small smile.

"We both know you are a strong contender, you made it this far. You said it yourself! If you can get to the part where the crowds vote then you have a strong chance. You have to take that chance and make the most of it. You’ve got this."

Mino just nodded, he had said that and he still believed it. However the pile of evidence proving that a lot of people wanted him kicked of the show before that happened was getting bigger each day. Mino had made a lot of friends during the show and he knew a lot of people from his years as an underground rapper, but that didn’t help him much when the TV show’s vulture-like editors had their own agenda.

"Let’s not talk about it anymore tonight, I’m hungry."

He said before getting up from the bed. Meeting Seungyoon’s examining gaze once more before walking out of the room, he decided that he indeed should tell him all he knew soon. It wasn’t like he could hide anything from him for long anyway.

Stopping a few steps down the hall he called out to ask if Seungyoon wanted any food.

"Sure, I’ll have whatever you are having."

Seungyoon said, standing right behind him now. Jumping a little in surprise he gave a small smile and a nod. He wondered if Seungyoon had eaten anything at all today. He was looking thinner and paler with each passing day, the pressure of his upcoming exams must be getting more to him than he was letting on.

Heating the leftovers from last night, he found Seungyoon on the couch wearing what looked like two blazers under a huge blanket completely surrounded by books and papers.

"You good over there?"

He joked lightly clearing a spot next to Seungyoon so he could sit without damaging any of his books or notes.

Seungyoon took the food and leaned back in his seat on the sofa.

"I’m behind on this one."

Seungyoon said pointing to a pile of notes next to his laptop. Mino strained his neck to read the headline, but Seungyoon’s handwriting was so small he couldn’t read it from where he sat.

"Who gives a paper due for hand in the same week as an exam though?"

Mino asked before stuffing his face with food. Seungyoon just sighed and shrugged before following his example, stuffing his face with food as well. After they had finished eating, Mino picked up one of the books on the table and begun mindlessly flipping through it.

 

Not even fifteen minutes had passed since Mino had picked up the book until he was fast asleep. Seungyoon moved closer and folded some of his blanket around Mino as well. Seungyoon was sleepy too, but his nap earlier had helped and he was way behind on his studies because he had struggled to focus out of worry for Mino.

Typing away on his paper, he noticed how Mino’s phone kept lighting up ever so often. Wondering who would be trying to reach him at this late hour he stretched out his hand to have a look.

Messages had been ticking in every couple minutes or so by the looks of it. Wondering whether or not to read the messages or wake Mino to have him check them, he watched as the phone lit up again in his hand.

Deciding it was best to wake him, he put down the phone and grabbed Mino’s hand in his own while placing the other on his shoulder. After shaking him lightly without managing to wake him, he unwrapped himself from his blanket while plotting his next move. Removing the book from Mino’s lap he moved so that he was straddling him and began placing small peck like kisses up and down his neck.

Mino only stirred a little in his sleep however and so he decided to go for his lips in a second attempt to wake him. He had only managed to place the first kiss, a gentle one at the corner of Mino lips when he felt strong arms wrap around him.

Pulled in closer by Mino’s tight grip on he ended up deepening the kiss more than he had intended and he heard a low moan escape Mino’s lips.

"You waking me like this better mean you finished studying and are ready to come with me to bed."

Mino mumbled as Seungyoon finally managed to pull away enough to get some air between them. He was nowhere close to finishing up with school work, but he didn’t need to tell him that as it was the messages that was his reason for waking him.

Seungyoon shifted his position a little and let Mino’s arms pull him in closer again, but this time into a tight hug. Resting his chin on Mino’s bare shoulder he wrapped his arms around Mino as well before explaining

"I woke you up because your phone has been blinking up at me nonstop the last 20 minutes. I figured it might be important."

After sitting there in silence for a couple of minutes more had he began wondering if Mino had gone back to sleep. Leaning back a little he let his arms trail up Mino’s arms until they both reached his neck.

"You still awake?"

He asked leaning down to look into Mino’s face. He blinked sleepily and smiled a sheepish grin before replying,

"I’m sure it can wait until tomorrow. It’s late, let’s go sleep!"

Seungyoon placed one last kiss on Mino’s lips before getting off his lap. He had a feeling about what might come next and even if cuddling and whatever Mino had in mind sounded nice he did have heaps of work to do.

"I still need to finish this."

He said, pointing to his pile of notes. Mino just shook his head, pouted a little and sighed before sliding down sideways to rest his head on Seungyoon’s shoulder.

"I’ll just nap here and wait for you then."

Seungyoon couldn’t even have counted to three before he heard the first snore coming from Mino. Shaking his head he gently grabbed hold of his sleeping boyfriend, lifting him off his and shoulder onto his lap.

"Sweet dreams, love."

He whispered while he began flipping through his notes. He had at least another hour of work left before him, if not two.

 

Having finally finished work he figured he might as well try to catch a few hours of sleep before morning. Mino was still fast asleep on his lap and so he ruffled his hair lightly to see if it would wake him.

"I’m done now, let’s go to bed."

Seungyoon said loud enough to be able to wake most. Mino showed no sign of waking however. He grabbed his half full glass of water, dipped his fingers in it and began sprinkling water on Mino’s face. He wrinkled his nose and started waving his hands frantically while saying inaudible words.

"Bed.. now..!"

He told him and got up on his feet just as Mino sat up and rubbed his face to get rid of the water. Leaving him behind to go to the bathroom Seungyoon smiled to himself thinking of how cute Mino had been, sleeping on his lap all this time.

Finishing his business, changing out of his clothes and brushing his teeth, he walked out of the bathroom to find Mino where he left him. He was staring at his phone with a severe look of disbelief on his face.

"What is it?"

Seungyoon asked walking over to Mino on the couch. When he didn’t reply he sat down beside him and stared at the screen Mino was still holding up before his face. The message didn’t say much only

"Sorry, I couldn’t do more."

"Do more, what?"

He asked grabbing Mino’s hand in his while turning to look at his face. Mino shook his head, but didn’t reply. He pried the phone out of his hand and looked through some of the messages.

"Article? What article?"

Seungyoon asked without looking at Mino, having given up on getting a proper response. He kept looking though the messages until he found one with a link. It was a cruel piece of writing targeting a few of the contestants. Mino got the worst accusations as they did their best to tear down his credibility as an artist with claims of him copying others amongst them.

"I shouldn’t have joined this stupid competition. It’s staged, cruel and unartistic. They never wanted to give everyone a fair chance from the start. All they cared about was financial profit."

Seungyoon couldn’t disagree. The article even stated it had informants within the show production staff. Struggling to find the right encouraging words he put down the phone and wrapped an arm around Mino’s shoulder.

"I’m sorry. It’s unfair and you have every reason to be upset. Let’s try and think of a way to fix this. Let’s get back at them somehow."

He felt how Mino was lightly shaking under his touch and he leaned forward to get a better look at his face. Meting his gaze he saw only blackness. He wasn’t just upset, he was angry.

"Why do they do this? Why me? They know I’m good yet they won’t let me prove it to the masses."

Another message ticked in and neither of them wanted to check it. They didn’t have to say a word, one glance was enough. They both got up and Mino headed to the bathroom while he went to bed to wait. He thought he heard the sound of a door slamming as he pulled the covers over himself and it made his stomach jolt. It seemed that this was getting to Mino even more than he was letting on.

 

Seungyoon waited for Mino to join him in bed, but he never did. Looking at his watch he saw how it had already been half an hour since he went to bed alone.

Getting up to go have a look in case Mino had fallen asleep in some strange way he heard the shower water running. He peeked inside to see what was going on and found Mino sitting in the shower. A couple of blood drops was on the floor and he could see blood mix with water flowing from a few of his knuckles on the right hand.

Hesitating for only a moment he got undressed and stepped into the shower with Mino. The water was cold so he adjusted the temperature and sat down beside him.

He didn’t know what words would be the right ones to say so he reached out a hand and grabbed Mino’s bleeding one. He held it wordlessly for a while watching the wounds get cleaned by the hot water.

Minutes passed without a single word being exchanged until Mino finally looked up at him with despair in his eyes. Seungyoon didn’t smile, he didn’t say a word. He just lifted the hand that was still tightly in his grip to his lips and kissed it. Mino then tilted over and leaned his head on Seungyoon’s shoulder giving a weak sigh and rubbed what must have been both water from the shower and tears out of his eyes.

"I’ve wanted this for so long. Why does it have to be like this?" 

He said, words coming out slowly as if saying them out loud made them more real. It was clear now that he was seriously doubting his decision. Seungyoon leaned his head on top of Mino’s and sighed as well.

"I don’t know, but I’m here for you and you will get there in the end. You can’t give up now. You’re closer now than you have ever been before."

Mino squeezed his hand and sat up a little. Seungyoon could tell he was still having a hard time dealing with the situation, but there was a subtle change all the less.

"It’s not over until it’s over."

He finally said and Seungyoon smiled at him in affirmation.

"You’re right, it’s not over. We will figure out a way to get back at them and clear your name. Then you can go beat them all and show them who it is that really got the talent!"

 

Deciding he might as well wash his hair Seungyoon grabbed the shampoo and arched an eyebrow at Mino to ask if he would join him in the washing. He sniggered and grabbed the shampoo from his hand.

"You know.."

Mino began while rubbing shampoo in his hair.

"This is one of the least romantic showers we ever had, yet it’s not the worst one"

Seungyoon laughed, he knew just what Mino was talking about. Back when they just moved in together, they threw a moving in party and both of them had ended up horribly drunk. One had thrown up and the other got sick from cleaning up and threw up as well. After cleaning up they both spent a long time in the shower just feeling sorry for themselves.

"It was a good party though."

Mino said putting away the shampoo. Seungyoon shrugged, he had never been so hungover in his entire life. Cleaning up had been a project on its own and… He suddenly felt Mino’s arms wrap around him from behind, warm lips pressed against the cool damp skin on his neck.

"I’m going to step out of the shower and get a snack before bed."

He heard Mino say, had it been anyone else, he would have been surprised but after all this time he learned that there was never a wrong time for a snack in Mino’s mind.

Watching Mino get out of the shower he rinsed his hair and tried not to notice how tired he was by now. When Mino was about to leave the bathroom he called out to him from the doorway

"We are going to figure this out, let’s show them!"

Mino then grinned and gave him two thumbs up. Seungyoon could tell he was still angry and probably also upset about all of it, but he got his fighting spirit back and that was what mattered the most. 

After having finished his uncalled for shower, he made his way to the bedroom alone. Climbing into bed he decided not to wait for Mino before going to sleep this time. Rolling up on his side under the covers he fell asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.

 

Mino was chewing away angrily at his chocolate bar. The clock on the radio blinked glaringly up at him, such an unpleasant reminder that it was already past three in the morning, he thought. Taking a few big gulps of water right from the tap and rubbing his face dry afterwards, he grumbled angrily to himself.

He was still a lot more shaken and angry than he had let on to Seungyoon. Knowing Seungyoon he would worry, worry and make sacrifices on his behalf. Mino didn’t want that. They both needed sleep as well. Tomorrow was another day of filming and he knew he would have to fight an uphill battle to stay in the game.

Turning off the last few lights around the apartment, he threw a glance at the pile of notes and books in the living room. All of that was so much more important than this stupid competition. He needed to pull himself together if not for him then for Seungyoon.

Walking into the bedroom he could see that Seungyoon was already fast asleep. The lights from the outside cityscape gave the room an eerie bluish look making Seungyoon look rather sickly.

"A future doctor looking sick from worry."

Mino huffed to himself as he climbed into bed. The fact that he was a big contributor to that worry made things a lot worse. Come tomorrow and he would do his best to be strong, he was nowhere close to giving up on fighting yet.

Well under the covers he found Seungyoon’s skinny arm and lightly pulled on it to see if he would move closer. He didn’t respond he only mumbled something about a protein and mice. Mino chuckled as he thought about all the medical dreams Seungyoon had told him about during his studies so far. At least had he not begun dreaming of stupid music competitions, yet.

Instead of trying to move Seungyoon, he cuddle up next to him, one leg sprawled across him and an armed wrapped around his chest. The familiar scent had a calming effect on him and as their breathing slowly became more synchronized he too managed to drift off to sleep.

 

Seungyoon woke to his alarm and rubbed his face with one arm in an attempt to force himself awake. He had an early morning lecture while Mino’s recording didn’t start until noon. Quickly stopping his alarm he turned to find Mino. Sleeping face flat into the mattress.

"That can’t possibly be good for him."

Seungyoon said to himself, grabbing his pillow and stuffing it right under Mino’s stomach. This tilted him enough to the side so that at least his face got access to some fresh air.

 

Grabbing some coffee from a corner cafe on the street, he headed to the bus stop wondering about what the day had in store for Mino. He appeared to be calmer after their shower, but Mino couldn’t really fool him. Seungyoon knew he was still really bothered about the whole situation.

Sipping on his coffee he decided this might be a good time to get in touch with a few of his old connections, connections whom contrary to him had made a name for themselves in the music industry. Even if he was one of those who had chosen a different path, were there still some who had persevered and made it. He hoped one of them could help him now.

 

The lecture had been an interesting one, but as the clock passed noon he couldn’t help but get more and more distracted. Was Mino fine? There weren’t any eliminations now, but after everything that had happened last night, Seungyoon couldn’t help but worry.

After grabbing lunch he found a quiet spot in the university cafeteria. Today was the last day of lecture before he had a few days freed for self-studies to prepare for the exam. He sent another text message to Mino before looking over the notes from the lecture.

It was hours later and Seungyoon had moved to the library study section. An email had just ticked in on his phone. He had hoped for it to be from Mino, but it wasn’t. One of the people he had contacted this morning had come through for him. If this plan worked then it would help Mino lots in clearing his name.

Attaching the headphones to his phone he opened the attachment, it was a video clip from their teen days. In it Mino was rapping for an underground show. It wasn’t his best performance, but it proved one thing. He wasn’t the one plagiarizing; it was him that had been plagiarized.

Now all he had to do was to get this video to the right people and Mino’s name would be cleared from the accusations of the latest article. Seungyoon smiled to himself as he watched Mino’s rap one more time. He had always been incredible, even during their high school days.

 

Mino checked his phone for the first time that afternoon. Three of the messages shining up at him were from Seungyoon. Replying to all of them in one text he did his best to reassure him. All they had been doing today was producing music. His team had been very supportive through everything yet the accusations of the newly published article still pressed heavily on his mind.

It was past midnight when he arrived home feeling more exhausted than ever. They ate together chatting happily enough, but there was no doubt that they both worried for the other. The least he could do was to wait for Seungyoon’s exam to be over. He would just have to deal with this on his own until then.

"You know, I have an idea that might help you."

Seungyoon said an hour later without looking up from one of his books. Mino turned towards him, he had been watching a movie without sound and had almost nodded off.

"I contacted a friend of ours from our school days this morning and he sent me this."

He reached out his phone showing a movie clip of Mino rapping. Taking the phone from Seungyoon’s hand he gave it a closer look.

"This is a little embarrassing, but as evidence it’s.."

Mino began

"Exactly what we need."

Seungyoon finished his sentence and smiled.

"I already sent it to another friend of mine. She should be able to get it out there in the best possible way. If that’s what you want? You do wish to clear your name right?"

Mino nodded slowly in agreement and felt as his chest slowly began feeling lighter. The other accusations were things that would pass with time, but this one had hit home big time. He thanked Seungyoon and watched the clip again. They had dodged another bullet and he couldn’t be happier.

"You shouldn’t have, you have your exam."

He began as he handed the phone back to Seungyoon. He just smiled one of those hearty smiles of his. Mino couldn’t help but to smile as well when he saw it. He leaned in and affectionately pecked his lips a few times.

"Thank you."

The rest of the week passed quickly and Friday arrived like a smack in the face for both of them. Neither was ready for what was to come, but both faced it bravely. Seungyoon sat on his exam for the entirety of that afternoon while Mino got eliminated from the show.

 

Seungyoon had used every fiber in his body to keep himself from not sprinting out of the examination hall. When he finally checked his phone, it was a message from one of Mino’s friends on the show.

"They won’t get away with this, when it airs it will cause public uproar for sure. Just wait, this isn’t the end. I’m sure of it." 

He read the message again and then again. This could only mean one thing. Mino’s elimination and if what the message said was true then it would make him angry beyond words.

Calling Mino while jogging down the hall, he got no response. He tried a couple of times more without success before hurrying back home. Jogging up the last flight of stair he burst through the front door. Realizing how dramatic he was being he hunched over leaning his arms on his knees while catching his breath.

As his pulse slowly came back to a more comfortable level did he begin to listen for noises. He heard nothing however and flopped off his shoes before calling out for Mino. Was he even home? After checking every room in their tiny apartment he returned to the hallway.

Nothing, there was no sign of him. Calling his phone again he was about to give up when he heard quick footsteps outside the door. Leaving his phone on the shoe shelf he went over to the door to unlock it.

 

Seungyoon didn’t grasp what was happening at first. Within seconds a strong hand come out of nowhere pushing him backwards until his back hit the wall. The impact had knocked the air out of him and he struggled to catch his breath as Mino came closer.

Staring into Mino’s pitch black eyes he was still huffing for breath, but he stood still doing his best to look calm. Mino stopped, face inches away from his leaning heavily on one arm which he was resting up against the wall.

"I know you are.."

Mino’s lips met his and the little bit of air he had managed to regain in his lungs puffed out of him. It weren’t like their normal kisses. It was full of anger, teeth biting down hard on his lips making them bruised and sore within seconds. He realized that Mino was kissing him more to shut him up than for any other reason.

Seungyoon would have pulled away if he could, but he was firmly trapped between Mino, his arms on both sides of his head, and the wall behind him. He whimpered as Mino bit down even harder on his lips and he knew that this could get painful in more than one way if he let things continue like this.

It wasn’t that he couldn’t take it, but he knew that it wasn’t the solution. It would only make Mino feel worse in the morning and there was no way he would do him such a disservice. It was time to fight back.

The moment Mino pulled back to catch his breath, Seungyoon ducked under his arm. Grabbing Mino’s shoulder, he pushed him face first towards the wall. Pressing him firmly against it, he asked,

"What exactly do you think you are doing?! This isn’t a good way to deal with this and you know it!"

Mino didn’t struggle against his hold and so he let go, taking a step back. Watching as Mino turned back around, Seungyoon studied him for any signs of damage, feeling relieved when he didn’t find any.

"I know, I know! I just want to forget!"

They both stared at each other until Mino was the first to give in and sank to the floor. Seungyoon watched him for a moment before walking out of the room.

Walking into the kitchen he went straight over to the fridge, once there he got two cans of soda before going back. He gave one to Mino who was still on his on the floor.

"Let’s cool down a little and catch our breath."

Seungyoon said before sitting down on the floor next to him. His lips still hurt pretty bad and pressing the can to them had an incredible soothing effect both on the physical pain and on his mind. Resting his head against the wall he stared up into the dimly lit hallway ceiling. 

"So, it’s over?"

He finally asked. Mino didn’t reply right away, he just sipped on his soda.

"It was completely unfair, there was this sick twist. It shouldn’t have been me. Everyone knows it, it was staged. I was sabotaged."

Mino said after a while and Seungyoon was the one feeling his anger raging now. Clenching his fist he worked hard to not speak his mind, only because he didn’t wish to add to the anger he was sure Mino still was feeling as well.

If there was something he hated it was injustice. When it struck those closest to him it felt even worst.

"We can still fight it."

He finally said after taking another moment to calm himself. Mino just shook his head.

"I don’t think I want to fight it anymore. Even If I come back it will be at their expense. They’ll be out to get me even more."

Seungyoon couldn’t agree on this. They had come too far to give up now. He knew however that pushing the matter tonight wasn’t a good idea. He only wished that he had been there when the decision had been made.

Putting a hand on top of Mino’s he said in a low voice,

"Then let’s not think about it anymore tonight. Let’s go sleep. We can come up with a new plan in the morning."

Seungyoon got to his feet and reached out a hand to Mino who grabbed it right away. Staggering a little before finding his balance they headed to the bedroom.

Leaving their clothes on the floor in messy piles they climbed into bed. At first they both laid there on their back staring at the ceiling, but it didn’t take long before Mino rolled over on his side like so many nights before to find comfort in Seungyoon’s steady heartbeat and warm embrace.

"This is just…"

Mino uttered in the darkness.

"Tomorrow."

Seungyoon replied before Mino could continue, ruffling his fluffy black hair lightly. They fell asleep like that. Calm finally returning to them as they both found their silent resolve to keep fighting for their dreams.

 

Saturday morning came with bright sunshine streaming through the blinds of their bedroom, but both Seungyoon and Mino slept so soundly that they didn’t rouse at all even with the sound of Mino’s phone going off.

Minutes after, the caller hung up. A text message quickly followed.

"Yesterday was all kinds of wrong. I would more than love to sign you to our newly created label; HIGHGRND - Tablo" 

 


Authors note: I don't think I've ever had a harder time writing a story. Obviously this is inspired by smtm and I wrote it while it was airing.. I hit home with my predicitions a bit too well and so I had to rewrite this so many times so I wouldn't upset anyone. (One of the things that happened was that I had Mino be eliminated for then to come back, then that happened with blacknut ._.) Anyway I hope you enjoyed this story as the AU it is, I worked hard on it! Do check out the other stories in the exchange they are really good, but most are super angsty so consider yourself warned! I was the recipient for a story as well; Neon and I loved it so much! No angst there so thats a safe one *u*  

Like always, thanks a lot for reading! Your comments are always appreciated and I hope to see you back here soon <3