"It's a Date"

Eiryia's Winner Oneshot Collection

"It's a date" 

 

by Eiryia

 

 

Seunghoon sat by his tiny kitchen island, it was early Monday morning and his mood was as black as his espresso. His weekend had been just as dull as the two previous weekends and he thought he was about to lose his mind at the thought of facing another one just as dull.

He looked down into his coffee, snapped a picture of it, added the caption "like me" and sent it to his best friend Mino. It didn't take long before Mino replied "I thought I was the dark one out of the two of us?" with a way too close up picture of his face.

Seunghoon chuckled at this, Mino always made him feel better. He took another picture of himself holding the coffee and added "dark, like my mood". It took a while for Mino to reply this time, but when it did it said "Let's meet up for lunch, I'll think of something to cheer you up until then".

Seunghoon read the message while on his way out the door, he had some errands to run and he was getting sick of being alone in the apartment. It had been their apartment for almost a year, but now it was only his.. and it didn't feel right.

 

He had finished his errands in good time and was now waiting at the coffee shop they had agreed on. He had received a message from Mino that he would be bringing P.O along because they had a meeting afterwards.

Seunghoon didn't mind P.O joining, two es in suits would be more entertaining than one. They would surely be able to lift his mood considerably and it was understandable since they worked together.

Mino worked in real estate these days, but Seunghoon had known him since their high school days. He himself worked as a buyer for one of Seoul's high end fashion stores and he was always busy, but since it was mid-season could he afford to take a few days off and he needed it.

He had been in a relationship with an actor for almost a year, but the guy had unexpectedly ended it almost two months ago. Seunghoon had to admit that he still weren't completely over it and thinking about it still made his stomach squirm in an unpleasant way. Just saying his name in his mind made him feel sick now, but he still did it. Every day. Kim Jinwoo. Over and over. He never even got an explanation for why he had left him and it hurt.. so very much.

 

His mood did brightened if only just a little as he saw Mino enter the coffee shop in his suit as expected with P.O not far behind. They weren't alone however. Behind them came another guy whom he had never seen before.

He was stylish and well build with and attitude that oozed of self-confidence and calm. His hair was a little on the old fashioned side being parted on the middle, but it suited him and it went well with those eyebrows of his.

"I'm sorry about the delay" Mino said while getting seated next to him. We ran into this guy on the way, I sold him his apartment a couple of months ago and I keep running into him because he does photography jobs for the company.

"He loves pretty places" P.O added while poking the guy teasingly on the shoulder. The new guy looked unamused by the whole thing, but leaned forward as if he had gotten no introduction at all and stretched out his hand while saying "Taehyun, Nam Taehyun. Nice to meet you". Seunghoon nodded as he grabbed his hand and introduced himself as well.

 

Both Taehyun and Seunghoon sat in silence as the other two raved on about work. They quickly got sick of that and moved on to talking about last weekend when Mino got too drunk and P.O carried him home and almost lost him onto the pavement because he was petting a dog.

Taehyuns eyes met Seunghoon’s during the second retelling of this tory and they made a collective sigh both now sick of the conversation. It was not so much the things they were discussing, but their good mood just got bothersome as Seunghoon had to admit that his own mood were pretty much unimproved.

Mino's good mood usually rubbed off on him, but not today. Therefor where he relieved when P.O got up to answer a phone call and came back minutes later, bouncing and exclaiming that they had made another sale.

Mino bounced up just as eagerly cheering along with P.O making lame moves that certainly did not go well with his expensive suit. They excused themselves after promising to take the both out for dinner later when the deal were closed before rushing out of the café.

 

So there they were left to themselves looking into their coffee in silence.

"They made it sound like we were their girlfriends and they left us in a middle of a date" Taehyun pointed out "They even promised to take us out to dinner".

Seunghoon laughed a little at that. "Hm?" Taehyun asked as he saw Seunghoon’s expression "I actually dated that idiot for a while back in college" Seunghoon replied.

"Oh" Taehyun replied "well I can't really say anything, I've dated my share of idiots as well". Their eyes meet again and it was a moment of light humor and sympathy that were exchanged between them.

"The last guy beat them all though" Taehyun noted before taking a big sip of his coffee. Last guy.. So he was gay as well. He kinda figured, but still knowing this made him a little happier. Not that he wanted another relationship anytime soon, but still.

Seunghoon took another sip of his coffee as well before asking "What did that guy do that made him top the list of idiots then?" Taehyun looked out of the window at the passing crowd and Seunghoon thought for a while that he wouldn't answer his question at all.

"We were doing fine, really well actually. For us anyway" Taehyun finally said observing and older lady struggle to cross the street. Taehyun sighed as the older lady got help by some fitness dude and turned his attention back to Seunghoon.

"Out of the blue he told me he was leaving me, just like that. We didn't even fight. He even told me to stay in the apartment as long as I needed because he wouldn't be around much". Taehyun rubbed his eyes a little more out of exhaustion then emotion by the looks of it.

"I'm sorry for telling you all this. We just met and all" Taehyun said holding his head in his arms looking into his coffee.

"Hey, I'm the one who asked" Seunghoon replied. Taehyun looked up at him and smiled a little before asking "so how about you? any recent idiots in your collection?". It was Seunghoon's turn to look out the window now, he wondered if he should tell him. He guessed it wouldn't hurt, they were in a similar situation after all.

"I wouldn't exactly call him an idiot, but my last boyfriend left me in the exact same way that yours left you a couple of months ago. I.. I still miss him a lot". He took a big sip of his coffee and choked a little on it making him tear up even more.

 

They both looked into their coffee cups for a while in silence, then Seunghoon asked "eh, when did you say you broke up?" Taehyun looked up "about two months ago, maybe a little more?" They stared at each other.

"You don't think?" Seunghoon shook his head "no". Taehyun continued his sentence anyway "That they left us for each other?" Seunghoon couldn't believe it, what were the chances of that? He had no clue what Jinwoo was doing these days. Neither of them had contacted the other for over a month.

"Do you know if he is seeing someone new?" Seunghoon asked.

Taehyun shook his head no, but added "There has been rumors about him seeing an actor though". Seunghoon thought about this for a while. Jinwoo was an actor, but there were lots of actors in Seoul... "What do you mean rumors? Through common friends or like tabloids? Is he someone famous?"

To answer this did Taehyun get up from his seat and headed over to the coffee shop counter asking for something. He came back with a newspaper and a couple of tabloids. "You can say that" he said pointing to the guy on the cover.

It was Seungyoon, everyone knew him. A Seunghoon though him a likable guy and was somewhat of a fan of his music. "Well what did you expect dating a rock star?" he said to Taehyun in a light teasing voice. Taehyun just sighed and held up an article named "latest dating rumors".

Seunghoon looked at it there were no pictures though and no name of this possible new partner. "It must " he noted while putting away the magazines "seeing him all over the place like this". Taehyun nodded while finishing his coffee "yeah, worst part is I shoot some of those pictures.." Seunghoon stretched out a hand and patted Taehyun on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry" he said. Taehyun smiled a little at this "I'm sorry too".

 

Seunghoon finished his coffee as well "You know, this coffee isn't very good" Taehyun looked at his empty cup "I thought it was fine"

"I used to work as a barista back in college, took a evening class for it and all. I make some really great cups of coffee on a good day" Seunghoon explained. "You should show me how this should taste then" Taehyun said while pointing at his cup.

Seunghoon looked at the empty cup for a moment before saying "I have no way of telling what that was supposed to be, they don't even use the right cups for the different types of coffee in this place. My double espresso looked sadly small in this huge thing” He waved his mug around while glaring at it.

Taehyun laughed and it was the first real wholeheartedly laugh he had seen from him so far. There was something really attractive about the way he laughed.. and smiled.

"I'll show you someday, it’s a promise" he gave a thumbs up and smiled back at Taehyun. He really wanted to set a time for it, but he didn't want to come off as pushy so he left it at that. Taehyun was putting things in his bag getting ready to leave, but stopped in the middle of it and asked "when?".

He didn't catch on right away, but when he realized what he was talking about did he suggest the next day he had off from work. Taehyun agreed right away saying "It's a date" like it was the most casual thing and got up from his seat.

"I really need to go, I'll see you Friday then?" Seunghoon nodded and smiled "Friday it is". Seunghoon watched Taehyun leave the coffee shop and gave him a little wave as he passed the window.

If nothing else so had he at least made a new friend that day. The thought of that made him feel better than he had felt for weeks. He made a mental note to thank Mino for bringing Taehyun along and to remind him of that dinner he had promised them.

 

Taehyun hurried down the road towards the next location. He was a bit late because of how unexpectedly pleasant that cup of coffee had turned out. It was something that bothered him though: Seungyoon.

The thought of him always bothered him these days, but the fact that Seunghoon had been dumped at the same time and by an actor.. hm he wasn't sure, there weren't much evidence anyway. He wanted to think of a way of finding out for sure, he wanted to know. Maybe he weren't as over Seungyoon as he thought he was. He sighed one deep sigh before walking in the doors to the studio.

No time to think about this now, it was time to work.

 

It was already Friday and Taehyun was on the subway on his way to Seunghoon's apartment. He had worried if he should just show up to some guy he only had met once house, but Mino had turned out be a trustworthy guy helping him out on several occasions and Seunghoon had given him no reasons to doubt him. Besides he had his own agenda.

 Since last time had he figured out a plan to how they could reveal if Seunghoon's ex actually were Seungyoon's new boyfriend.. He sighed, did he really have a new boyfriend? Taehyun decided to call him lover in his mind for now. Lover though? That sounded gross.

 

He spent a while navigating in between the tall buildings before finally finding the correct building. He found Seunghoon’s name on the long list of people and ringed the bell.

"Yes hello?" He heard Seunghoon's voice on the other end of the line.

"It's me, Taehyun" it was silent for a moment then he heard a buzzing sound and the door went up on it's own. Taehuyn stopped for a moment in the hall in front of the elevator. He was nervous, but didn't quite know why. Did he fear for his life? Or was this something completely different.

 

Seunghoon rushed to the door as soon as he had heard him knocking. It had been a while since he had any new visitors and therefor had he spent the morning cleaning and tidying. He had quickly regretted it however because the place reeked of cleaning detergents and was now almost too sterile and un-personal.

Taehyun greeted him cheerful enough and looked around curiously as he walked down the tiny hall.

 

His apartment was tiny, but more than enough space for two people living a busy city life. He and Jinwoo had spent a great year there together and he almost felt like he had too much space now that he was gone. Filling his shelves and all with his own stuff.

The only thing left in the apartment that belonged to Jinwoo was a tiny cactus in the window. He had left it there the last morning with a note that only said "I'm sorry". He had removed the note, but kept the cactus for now. It was a reminder of what he wanted.

They had discussed getting a dog a couple of months before they split up, but Jinwoo had been worried that they wouldn't be able to take care of it. Seunghoon thought it was ridiculous, but went along with Jinwoo anyway. They had started with keeping cactus plant alive, then normal plants and the next step was the dog. Only by then had Jinwoo left.

Seunghoon had decided to get the dog on his own anyway. A Chihuahua, preferably a little lady he could baby around and dress up. He sighed a little at the though. For sure he would do that. He wondered if Taehyun liked dogs and decided to ask while he was making him coffee.

 

"Dogs? Sure I like dogs. Not too big though, but smaller once are nice" he replied. Seunghoon felt something click in place somewhere in his brain. That was good.

Taehyun continued with a question of his own "what's with the sad looking cactus in that huge window of yours?" he went over and looked out at the view.

"It doesn't make the view justice" he joked and poked at that cactus hurting his finger in the process. Seunghoon smiled a little at this. He was really cute in his own way and it was entertaining to watch him.

"It's the only thing he left before leaving, it's a reminder of a couple of promises I've made myself over the last couple of weeks" he explained it in a calm way, but he could feel his stomach twist in pain as if the breakup still were a completely fresh thing.

Taehyun stood there quietly for a while looking at the view before asking "What kind of promises? If you don't mind me asking".

Seunghoon contemplated if he should reply honestly or not. It would give him away, but did it matter? He decided after a while that it didn't matter.

 "To get a dog" he said matter-of-factly, but not meeting Taehyuns eyes. His previous question to him would surely make his point for him. "I think you should" was Taehyuns reply before he continued "Do what you want to do for you from now on".

Seunghoon had finished their coffee and went over to the tiny kitchen island and sat down on one of the barstools. Taehyun followed his example and sat down on the nearest one making them sit almost a little too close to each other. Seunghoon thought about how it was sad that he really didn't mind. A brush of Taehyuns shoulder were the nearest he had been to bodily contact with anyone the last couple of months.

 

Taehyun took a sip of his freshly brewed coffee. It was like anything he had tasted before when it came to coffee and looked up at Seunghoon with pure amazement.

"This is really something" he said holding up his cup and meant it wholeheartedly. He could see Seunghoon's face light up as he said it and it made him feel even happier. It was nice being able to make someone happy again just with his words and Seunghoon was so obvious about it that there were no doubts. He really liked that, no insecurities only open communication and happiness.

He sneaked a couple of glances at him while he was sipping his coffee and caught himself thinking I could get used to this.

 

They sat there for a while just talking about everyday life, Taehyun had a lot of questions about him and he replied with a joy because he had so many insightful points to come with. They told each other about their day to day life and previous school life. Where they had traveled and where they wanted to travel, their biggest achievements so far among other things.

Time flew by and coffee turned into dinner which Seunghoon had so kindly offered to make them as it were getting late and the weather had turned nasty.

It was over dinner Taehyun had mentioned it; his plan for how they could find out if their exes really were together.

"I have two ideas: the first one is straight forward, we invite them for coffee to the same place and when they show up we look for interactions between them". Seunghoon didn't like this idea. He had no wish to to contact Jinwoo and to do so asking for them to meet? It just sounded too painful.

"The second" Taehyun continued "is this" he held up a piece of paper. Seunghoon grabbed it and read it. It was an invite, to a movie premiere. He looked up at Taehyun. "Jinwoo's latest movie?"

 Taehyun nodded "I realize it might be painful for you to sit at the cinema and watch him play the lead role for over two hours, but we don't actually have to watch it. We can leave after red carpet, go grab some food and head straight to the afterparty?"

Seunghoon looked at the invite again "I helped him prepare for this role you know". Seunghoon thought about it in silence for a while. He wanted to get out more and he wanted to get to know Taehyun better. If he could get some answers in the process.

"I completely understand if you don't want to go" Taehyun said while giving him an understanding look. Seunghoon shook his head no "I'd like to go, let just have fun".

Taehyun nodded in agreement. "It's a date then"

Seunghoon smiled a little. Their second unofficial date. 

 

The movie premiere was two weeks away, but they meet on several occasion before that. The first was when Mino kept his promise and bought them all dinner. The second was when they ran into each other at the coffee shop, which they both admitted to later that they had hoped would happen. The third was the evening before the event when Taehyun stopped by Seunghoon at work to pick out their outfits. Seunghoon had been to lots these kind of events before and since he worked with fashion on a daily basis were the preparations to the show a lot of fun to him.

 

For Taehyun however, were they just troublesome because he was so busy with work and what not to plan much. So when Seunghoon had offered to do it for him had he gladly accepted. He thought Seunghoon had an impeccable style and they had both agreed to look their best if only to make their exes jealous.

Taehyun had never been to the store Seunghoon worked for, but he had no trouble finding it. It was already closed when he got there, but he could see Seunghoon in there and waved at him to come and let him in.

"This place is fancy" Taehyun noted as he walked inside. "I guess you could say that" Seunghoon replied smiling.

"So what exactly do you do?" Taehyun asked as he followed Seunghoon towards the back of the store were the office rooms and dressing rooms were.

"I'm a buyer, so I decide what the store will be selling for the next season". Taehyun were interested in fashion, but he never put energy into figuring the behind the scenes of these kind of things.

"Sounds like an interesting job, you go to fashion shows and these kinds of things as well then?" Seunghoon just nodded as the brought out the clothes he had picked out for him.

"You should bring me along to one of those next time then" Taehyun said inspecting the clothes Seunghoon had picked out for him.

"You are a photographer, don't you take pictures at fashion shows sometimes?" Seunghoon asked as he was pushing Taehyun into one of the dressing rooms along with the clothes.

"Sometimes, but it's not the same to see a show through a camera lens".

 

Seunghoon waited for Taehyun to get dressed, it took a while so he had begun wandering around in the store by the time he had finished. "Do I look like you planned? Or?" Seunghoon turned towards him as soon as he heard the sound of the curtain of the dressing room move.

He had been nervous whether or not it would fit him, he didn't want to insult him with clothes too big for him nor too small. He had no reason to worry though, because he looked dashing. He had picked out a modern slimfit suit with a pastel blue shirt to go with his dark brown hair.

"Won't I need a tie?" Taehyun asked inspecting himself in the mirror.

"Nah" Seunghoon said and went over to him.

He ed the two upper buttons on the shirt. The look Taehyun gave him while he did it almost made him shy away from him. He had no sneaky intentions when he did it, but he could see how it might have appeared that way. Neither of them commented on it and the sudden tension were just left hanging in the air for them both to silently acknowledge.

 

Taehyun was the first to speak "So I look good then?" giving Seunghoon a somewhat teasing smile. Seunghoon weren't buying into it and replied "Just like I planned".

Taehyun didn't give up and leaned on his shoulder looking up at his face obviously amused by the sudden change in the mood between them. "How about you? What will you be wearing?".

The tone he said it in was almost teasing and it made him feel a little embarrassed. He was determined not to show how Taehyuns charm was getting to him so he replied "I don't think we should be matching.."

Taehyun cut him of positioning himself straight before him, arching one eyebrow while saying "Why shouldn't we?". 

Seunghoon hesitated for a moment before saying "Well we aren't together so". Taehyun cut him off yet again "but we are going there together?". Seunghoon saw his point, but still.

They weren't a couple. Yet. 

             

Taehyun left the store an hour after he had arrived there. Seunghoon had more work to get done so that he could take tomorrow off to get ready for the event. Taehyun had to work, but he didn't mind. He could get everything done and still meet Seunghoon in time. He smiled a little to himself as he walked down the busy street.

He just realized that he had not thought about Seungyoon all day even if their plans really revolved around getting information about him. Did he even care? He cared less than he did before at least.

Right now were he more excited about Seunghoon's outfit for tomorrow. He had been so secretive and insisted that they wouldn't be matching. Taehyun actually laughed a little imagining his face. Teasing him had been so much fun and there had been something there. That something made him excited. Maybe after tomorrow he could explore this something more.

He would like that.

 

It was way past midnight by the time Seunghoon got home. It didn't matter because he could sleep in the next morning because of this extra effort that night. He had picked up a late dinner on his way home and sat down on the couch to eat when a text message ticked in on his phone.

"Hi, got your number from Mino. Might get useful tomorrow. Sorry if I just woke you up". He figured it had to be Taehyun and agreed that they should have exchanged numbers earlier.

He replied "Just got home, eating dinner" He felt like the reply was too simple just as he sent it and wrote another.

"It's great to be able to reach you if something happens. How was your day?" He regretted sending that one as well how was your day? He repeated it out loud. He just met him! Now he was embarrassed, but didn't want to send a third message. 5 minutes passed, then 10 and he wondered if Taehyun was laughing at him or if he had fallen asleep.

He the tv and began switching through the channels. He had the phone in his hand and almost fell of the couch in surprise when he got another text.

"You asking if I had a great time with you? Or did you forget that we met a couple of hours ago?". There he went on again; teasing him. He couldn't pick the second option even if that would be the honest reply.

"The first, but really I forgot to ask when we met so you might as well tell me". He thought that was a nice save until he saw the reply "My day , until I met you. How about you?" now he had to be honest about his feelings as well? It was too late for this and he didn't want things to get awkward tomorrow. It would be awkward enough anyway.

He weren't even sure if he cared anymore. He decided to make it short and then say good night "my day was great, but you made it better" He then got up from the couch mumbling pleased to himself “how about that? right back at ya”

He was already in bed when the next message arrived "I was thinking we could get ready together tomorrow. Do you mind?" He didn't mind and probably replied a little too fast "I don't mind, see you tomorrow".

Of course he had to notice, he took a good 5 minutes before replying "That was fast. Good night!" Seunghoon just smiled this time. The fact that Taehyun paid attention to how fast he replied could only mean.. Seunghoon smiled even wider feeling giddy. He hoped tomorrow would be fun.

 

They had exchanged a couple more text messages during the day and agreed on when Taehyun should turn up to get ready in time. Seunghoon was surprised however when he walked out of the shower and heard the doorbell ring.

It was another hour until Taehyun was supposed to be there. Could it be someone else? Mino, someone from work? Jinwoo? His stomach sank just at the thought of it. He wrapped a towel around himself and went to the phone to check who it was.

"Sorry I'm here early, I brought dinner" it was Taehyun after all. He gave a sigh of relief, then he realized he was and rushed to put on his pants. He had just managed to pull them on when Taehyun knocked on the door. He went over to let him in and didn't have time to think about the time that he still was shirtless.

 

Taehyun on the other hand had more than enough time to notice. He tried not to stare, but he had to admit to himself that he failed hard at that part. Who would have known he was hiding a body like that under those outfits of his. He looked so skinny, this was not what he had expected. At all. He didn't mind though.

Then it just plumped out of him "looks like I got here a couple of minutes too late". He saw Seunghoon eying him as they walked down the hall but he didn't say anything, he only chuckled a little and smiled. Taehyun felt a wave of relief, he needed to focus. He repeated a couple of times Think before you speak.. Think BEFORE you speak in his mind.

Seunghoon's voice snapped him out of it as he heard him say "Just put the food over there". He went over to the kitchen and placed it on the counter. Seunghoon just stood there leaning up against the wall drying his hair with his towel. Taehyun looked at him and didn't think at all. He just walked over to him. As he placed a hand next to his head up against the wall looking straight into his eyes for just a second before he kissed him. Then he thought: Think before I speak maybe, but not before I act.. not this time.

 

He weren't sure exactly how it had happened. One minute he had watched Taehyun walk over to the kitchen while he had been drying his hair and when he looked up he had been staring into Taehyuns face.. which and been inches away from his own. Then Taehyun had kissed him.

He had never been kissed like that before. Taehyun knew what he wanted and went for it, not asking permission for anything. He had expected him to be a little like that which had tempted him to try and challenge him grabbing him and pushing him up against the wall just like he had done to him minutes before.

That was what had taken him by surprise because he had not fought back for the control, he had let him and at some point had he felt a rather big grin on his lips as he had kissed him with all he had.

He had felt Taehyun begin slightly tugging at his pants when he had pulled away and said "I think the food is getting cold". Taehyun had let go right away looking away, but still smiling. "You are right and we have an evening to get ready for".

 

They had arrived at the event in good time even though Taehyun had forgotten the invitation and Seunghoon had insisted on getting it even though Taehyun had explained that they wouldn't be needing it.

They had tried to walk in the back way to avoid the red carpet part so that they could just wait in the lounge, but they had somehow ended up on the red carpet anyway. They had been half way down there when Taehyun had spotted them, together.

He had nudged Seunghoon in the side, but he didn't notice them probably because of the overwhelming amounts of lights coming at them from all the cameras. He didn't expect to feel the way he did as he watched Seungyoons thin frame walk ahead of him. He could recognize him just by the way he walked, but there were no doubt even if his hair was much longer and his way of dressing also changed.

He turned to face the cameras one last time and he could see his smile clearly as they got closer. His hair was so long that it lightly framed his face and that smile. He had been determined not to let it get to him, but when he saw that smile. His smile being smiled at someone else. He weren't sure if it was heartbreak, jealousy or anger that made him tremble and clench his fist, but in hindsight could he say that it was probably a good mix of all three.

Whatever it had been so had it caused him to grab hold of Seunghoon's hand and he didn't let go until they left the red carpet. Seunghoon didn't comment on it when they entered the lounge. He just asked "Are you okay?" he had only nodded and headed towards the champagne.

 

Seunghoon watched as Taehyun went to get them drinks. He had noticed Jinwoo along with Seungyoon much later then Taehyun by the looks of it. It had obviously been harder for him then he had been prepared for, but his reaction had been so cute. After he had grabbed his hand had he completely forgotten to watch Jinwoo.

His mind had turned into complete protection mode focusing on getting them of the carpet and by the looks of it had it been a good decision. He worried a little about Taehyun because he had watched him empty his first glass of champagne and were well into his second by the time he had made it back to him.

The time in the lounge had passed without much interesting happening. Seunghoon had decided that watching the movie wouldn't be so bad after all. Jinwoo had done a great job and the rest of the cast were amazing as well. Taehyun had fallen asleep half way through the movie, resting his head on his shoulder and had to be woken up when the end credits started rolling.

Seunghoon had initially wanted to just leave and bring Taehyun back to his place, but Taehyun had convinced him he was fine and that he had promised to meet up with a couple of friends at the after party.

 

They got a cab a bit late, but it was only a short ride to the party. It turned out to be one of the more intimate parties with fewer people which were a nice surprise. Taehyun had left to look for one of his friends who were hosting the party while Seunghoon went to the bar.

He sat down there while he waited for their drinks and didn't notice right away who was sitting directly opposite him. It was Seungyoon and he was staring straight at him. He gave him a polite nod and hoped to end their contact with that. Unfortunately didn't Seungyoon feel the same way and he headed towards him with his drink.

"Hello" he said while taking a seat next to him. He had never met him, but he had considered himself a fan of his music for years. "Hi" he replied before stretching out a hand to introduce himself.

"I know who you are" Seungyoon said, but still grabbed his hand and smiled. "So Taehyun eh?" he said after letting go of his hand and taking a sip of his drink. Seunghoon just looked at him.

This was his chance to talk to the guy who stole his boyfriend. Besides, it sounded like he was about to say something bad about Taehyun so he cut him of saying: "So Jinwoo eh?". Seeing Seungyoon's reaction was rather entertaining, did he not know that he had been with Jinwoo before? What had he meant when he had said he knew who he was then?

"Yes Jinwoo" he said after composing himself a little.

"Talking about me?" Seunghoon turned around and saw Jinwoo walk up to them. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed who Seungyoon was talking to. "Oh, hi you" he said not moving from the spot.

"Hello" Seunghoon said. "You did great you know, I don't know what you were talking about back then. You are a great actor"

Seunghoon had not said this to be cruel or to make things even more awkward, but that exactly what happened. It got even more awkward. Jinwoo looked at his feet and mumbled something. It was Seungyoon whom came to their rescue saying the same thing, how he was a great actor.

 Jinwoo walked over to Seungyoon and stood beside him. Seunghoon somehow felt that the moment had been a defining one. He choose Seungyoon. It was ridiculous of course he would, but it made it so obvious.

 Neither of them said anything and Seungyoon began getting up from his seat to leave.

 

Taehyun had noticed them from across the room for a couple of minutes ago. Watching Jinwoo stand there opposite them both and then walking over to stand with Seungyoon. It looked like a scene from a bad romance drama.

He still felt sorry for Seunghoon and even though he really didn't want to get in an argument with Seungyoon so would Seunghoon be worth it. He walked over to them and put a hand on Seunghoon's shoulder.

He had wanted to ask if Jinwoo was trying to steal his man back, but decided against it since they weren't officially together.. Yet. Instead he looked at Seunghoon's face. His expression was blank, but he decided it was his turn to return the favor from the red carpet and grabbed his hand.

He leaned down and said into Seunghoon's ear let's just leave. Leave and forget about them. Seunghoon nodded and got up without looking at them. Taehyun looked at them though. Gave them his nasties angry glare before turning around to walk out of the club.

Hand in hand with Seunghoon.

 

 

It was 6 months later and Seunghoon was at Taehyun's place helping him pack. They had agreed a couple of weeks ago that Taehyun would be moving in with him and he was so excited about it.

Mino were there as well, whining about how he had just sold Taehyun this place. Now he had to sell it again? Mino threw himself on the sofa only to bounce straight up again because the couch had made a tiny angry yapping noise.

Seunghoon went over and picked her up while giving Mino a judging look.

"You sat on her?" he looked at his dog "Did he sit on you? Poor little lady" he walked away carrying her to her little cage before looking back at Mino who was still standing there scratching his head wondering what the hell just happened.

"Be more careful, you could have hurt her". Taehyun came walking in with more boxes and asked what was going on.

"He sat on her" Taehyun gave Mino a grumpy look before saying "Be more careful, she can't take the weight of your fat . You will break her back"

Mino grumbled sorry and went into the kitchen. Taehyun put the boxes down and went over to the tiny cage.

"She is the cutest" Seunghoon sat down beside him and opened the cage to pet her again. "Second only to you" the said matter-of-factly. The cheesiness, it was too much and Taehyun leaned back on the floor laughing "Oh I don't know about that I'd say she beats me easily"

"She does" Seunghoon replied after a short while "what did you just say?". Taehyun stretched on a leg and pushed Seunghoon so that he lost his balance and flopped back on the floor as well.

"Well I've had you longer so I love you more" Seunghoon said lifting his dog up in the air.

Taehyun looked at him and chuckled "Had me longer.. What’s that supposed to mean?"

 

 


Authors note:  Another request done, Taehoon this time. Did you like it?

I get a lot of requests for ships with Seunghoon so I figured doing another would be nice. This was my second AU, they wobble my mind because you have to figure out so many details. This story is based on a prompt by Yanne aka Wolflady here on AFF. I had a great time discussing the plot with her. I hope you like it Yanne! Thanks to everyone who read this and your comments are always very welcome ♡