Christmas Perfection

Eiryia's Winner Oneshot Collection

Christmas Perfection

A Jinyoon (ft Minhoon) story

For Winderland Dec.1

 

 

Seungyoon looked up at the watch on the wall. It was approaching seven and he took himself in wondering if it was seven in the evening or morning for a moment. Leaning back in the chair he arrived at the conclusion that it had to be in the evening. Seunghoon had talked about dinner after all. 

Getting to his feet he checked his phone. A small heart emoji shone up at him from his chat with his boyfriend hours before. Smiling he stuffed the phone back into his pocket. It had been a week already. A week as an official couple. Walking down the hall he played with the word boyfriend in his mind. No one knew of course, but it still meant a lot. No more flirting with girls Jinwoo had said. Like he flirted with girls in the first place. He was only being nice. He could be less nice though. 

Anything for his boyfriend. 

 

Walking outside he stared into the blackness of the city streets. Christmas was only two days away and there was still no snow. It was freezing however and he wrapped his coat tightly around himself as he waited for the car to pull up in the driveway. Waiting in the car he hoped Seunghoon would hurry up, he had not eaten in who knows how long and he was way beyond the point of getting dizzy because of it. 

His phone buzzed silently in his pocket and he took it out to have a look. It was Mino who had sent him a picture of the food they had brought home, wondering when he would be home. All of them had been to a charity event that YG hosted in the day and Mino, Jinwoo and Taehyun had opted for working on things at home while he and Seunghoon had gone back to the studios in the YG building. It was easier to work effective in the studios, no noisy discussions, no cats and no alluring boyfriends.

He had just replied to Mino that he was waiting for Seunghoon in the car when the car door opened.

                "Hello there Mr.Overworked"

Seunghoon teased after seeing his appearance.

                "Hello there Mr.All Fresh"

Seungyoon replied after catching a wiff of Seunghoon’s perfume. He had been working with the dancers again and by the smell of things and had probably visited the gym showers afterwards.

                "It’s called showering, you should try it sometime"

Seunghoon teased again, but handed him a bottle of tropical juice from the canteen. They often talked about how they were starving on their evening rides home like these. Taking a sip of it he grimaced, it was lukewarm and not very appealing. Even so did he take another sip just to help on his blood sugar levels a little.

The rest of the trip home they spent happily discussing their two days of from work. It was Christmas and they would be celebrating it together this year. Discussing all they wanted to get done Seungyoon wondered if they would be able to finish all of these preparations in one day.     

 

~*~

 

It was early morning and the five of them had gathered around their living room table. Jinwoo was still hugging his morning tea that Seunghoon had made for them, listening in intently to the discussing regarding the activities for the day. Christmas together like this, it could be great fun. If only they could agree on who would do what. 

                "I’ll do the decorating this year as well if that’s fine with everyone?" 

Jinwoo watched Seungyoon who looked up from his note over at Taehyun who was already pointing to where he wanted to hang the handmade garlands.

                "Taehyun, go easy on the scented candles this year okay? Just because you enjoy the blend of 10 different scented candles in the same room doesn’t it mean that the rest of us do" 

Taehyun gave him an annoyed look. Last year it had become pure candle mayhem as he had brought them out for decoration purposes from his room. When he had received four more as gifts had their sense of smell become numb in the end and their eyes watery. 

                "Yeah dude, gingerbread, orange, birch, that funky green one that smelled like puke, vanilla.. I can’t even remember them all, but my nose does and it’s burning just thinking about it"

Jinwoo gave Mino a pat on the shoulder. He remembered the distinct feeling of losing his sense of smell as well and it weren’t something he wished to repeat this year. Taehyun ignored them all now by looking at his phone. Jinwoo's eyes met with Seungyoon’s for a second whom like him seemed to have given up on the matter for now. 

                "As for the food" 

Seungyoon began, eyes glinting probably thinking about the failure that had occurred last year. 

                "I think I should hang around and oversee things this year" 

Seunghoon shoot in before anyone else got in another word. Jinwoo weren’t so bad at cooking, but he was still curious about what Seungyoon had in mind for himself. If possible would he like to tag along with him for whatever it was. Before he could communicate that to Seungyoon however, had Mino grabbed on to his waist and pulled him close. 

                "We can help! I’ve improved lots since last year and hyung is already a decent cook!" 

He announced cheerfully. Everything was silent for a moment as Seungyoon watched him and Mino. He seemed to be weighing his words carefully now, but it was quite obvious that their sudden closeness bothered him. Jinwoo tried to squirm free of Mino’s tight grip, but he was still nodding excitingly at Seunghoon in an attempt to make him bring them both along on his cooking extravaganza.

 

In the end had Seungyoon managed to get things his way. Forever clever with words and with solid arguments weren’t there really much the others could say. Having praised Taehyun’s decoration skills more than probably was necessary had Taehyun left to work on thing on his own. Jinwoo had even heard him speak happily to one of the cats in the hallway. Mino and Seunghoon had been sent to buy groceries, having been promised help from everyone in the preparation of the meal later in the day. 

That had left them with the most important task; the Christmas tree. Jinwoo had to admit that he was a little excited about it. They would be going to get a real tree and a big one at that. Seunghoon had warned not to pick one too big as it wouldn’t fit in the elevator, but Seungyoon didn’t seem worried. Having replied that if Seunghoon could fit in the elevator then the tree would too. This had humored Mino greatly for some reason, but he had quickly stopped laughing when Seunghoon had threatened that he wouldn’t get to taste the food while they were cooking it. 

Watching Mino and Seunghoon keep up their squabbles about what exactly went in a Christmas pudding Jinwoo and Seungyoon was left to their own in the living room. 

                "A tree then" 

Jinwoo started, shifting a little in his seat. Ever since the other night had things been a little different between them. No wonder, they were an actual couple now. Seungyoon’s hand found his under the table. They looked at each other and smiled. It was nice, but Jinwoo silently wondered what came next. It weren’t as if they were going to tell anyone, but it was still nice to finally have talked about it. 

                "Come closer" 

Seungyoon said and leaned closer himself. Curious Jinwoo leaned towards him. 

                "What?" 

He asked, but Seungyoon only stared and blinked innocently.

                "What?"

He repeated, about to lean away again, but turning slightly more to face his boyfriend.

                "You are just simply too cute"

Seungyoon said in a low voice and placed a big kiss on his lips before falling backwards on the floor laughing a little to himself. Jinwoo dropped down onto his back as well and laughed a little as Seungyoon’s laughter was always so contagious. It had been a long time since he had been this happy. Still holding hands they laid there for a moment just humming to themselves.  

                "I thought we had a busy day ahead of us and you two are just laying around being lazy like sloths. Getting moving or I’ll decorate you two as well" 

It was Taehyun who had returned with what smelled like at least two different kinds of scented candles. Exchanging glances the two of them got up from the floor. 

                "We were just planning where to go first and last" 

Seungyoon explained calmly and brushed of a few cat hairs from his sweater. Taehyun shrugged and put down the box he was carrying on the floor next to the door. Deciding to hurry a bit not to annoy Taehyun any further they got dressed in their winter coats and headed down into the apartment lobby to wait for the car. They had arranged for staff to go with them since they would be out in public. 

As they stood there looking down the street could they spot a few tiny snowflakes fall from the gray morning sky. Jinwoo pointed to the sky to make Seungyoon aware, who in returned grabbed his pointing hand in his and pulled him closer. 

                "Better stay warm, it’s snowing" 

He said playfully

                "But we are inside" 

Jinwoo protested, but didn’t really mind. He liked being close at every opportunity he got. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes before the car arrived and Seungyoon let go if his hand.

                "Let’s go get that tree!"

He exclaimed happily and Jinwoo clapped along excitedly while silently wondering if this counted as a date.  

 

~*~

 

                "Now that we are together"

Seungyoon began, all smiles

                "We have been together for years"

Jinwoo shot in before he could say anything else

                "Yes, but not in a talked about committed romantic relationship"

What do you mean talked about? Jinwoo wondered for a moment, but figured he meant that the two of them had discussed the matter between them. Putting emphasis on the word romantic like that. It made the butterflies in his stomach swirl even faster than usual. 

                "You really are happy about that aren’t you?"

He asked trying to keep his own obvious happiness at bay. Seungyoon didn’t reply, instead he started singing and walking with a funny bounce in his step. 

Jinwoo watched as Seungyoon disappeared between a couple of Christmas trees while humming something that sounded like “give me that can’t sleep love”. His mood really had lifted considerably lately. He had assumed it was related to their upcoming comeback which delay had troubled him a lot. 

                "Turns out its not" 

He mumbled to himself as he looked at a particularly wonky looking Christmas tree. Having been in love with Seungyoon for years already, but never done anything about it he didn’t feel much different about their now suddenly confirmed relationship status. They were always close together, they shared the same room for the longest time and they worked closely together. He had simply been happy to get to spend so much time with the person he loved. 

Although he had to admit that he had craved for romance on more than a few occasions could his mind somewhat settle with Seungyoon’s all too cheesy lines as compensation. Now he was curious as to what would change since his boyfriend seemed all too pleased. 

 

Starting to worry that he had lost Seungyoon among the many trees he stopped. Should he turn back? He was about to call out for him when he felt an arm hook with his and he was dragged sideways in-between the many Christmas trees to his side. 

Warm breath puffing on his face he stared up slightly puzzled into Seungyoon’s all too excited face. 

                "I can’t believe you are mine" 

He said in a soft voice, leaning in for a quick kiss. Dodging it last second Jinwoo jumped out from behind the tree which had served as their disguise. 

                "Not out here! There are lots of people!" 

Seungyoon only blinked and smiled that innocent smile of his before stepping out after him. Jinwoo watched as Seungyoon straightened his coat before putting his slightly red hands deep into his pockets. Deciding to step up his tree hunting game Jinwoo started walking ahead, inspecting a tree about his own height. That was when he felt soft lips press against his cheek and then warm breath against his ear. 

                "I can’t wait to make you mine" 

Make you mine? Jinwoo repeated the line in his head a few times before the meaning dawned on him. Seungyoon had already walked on down along the line of Christmas trees shoulders shaking in amused laughter. 

                "What do you.." 

He stopped his sentence half way. So cheeky, and to say such things out amongst people like this. Feeling the heat of his blushing face he pulled his scarf up a bit to cover it and hesitated before following Seungyoon. The possibility of the usually so responsible leader pulling him in between the Christmas trees again didn’t seem all that unlikely now. The worst thing was that he felt a little excited about it. 

Playing with a twig he had picked up from the ground he followed behind Seungyoon. He seemed to have a distinct vision for this tree and so it felt right to leave the decision to him. Instead he played with the words Seungyoon had told him earlier in his mind. A smile crept across his face as he repeated the word mine over and over. Although he understood perfectly well what his boyfriend was implying did he put a different meaning to the words.

Watching the thin frame move from looking at one tree and then another, shaking his head Jinwoo said in a low voice inaudible to anyone else 

                "As long as you are mine, I’ll be fine"

He then took a few long steps and closed the distance between them, grabbing Seungyoon’s hand in his.

                "What happened to people can see?"

Seungyoon teased while looking down at their hands. Jinwoo just shrugged and smiled. It was cold, they just wanted to keep warm. Neither of them had mittens so it was a decent excuse. Even if both of them had pockets. Looking up at Seungyoon’s smiling face he felt his own expression mirror it perfectly.

You are all I want, he thought and squeezed the hand tighter. I’m never letting you go now.  

 

In the end had they settled on a tree about the same height as himself, they had no trouble carrying it between them, but bringing it home turned out to be quite a challenge as it didn’t fit in the car. Their manager had ended up tying it to the roof using all of their scarfs. Seungyoon had commented how he hoped no fans had recognized them doing this as it wasn’t a very grateful way of treating their gifted scarfs. 

Huddling in the back of the car they called to hear how Seunghoon and Mino were doing, but it turned out they had already returned back at the dorm. 

                "Did we really spend that long?" 

Jinwoo wondered peeking over at Seungyoon after hanging up the phone. 

                "We did look at almost every tree that was there and then we found these decorations" 

Seungyoon held up the bag with their newly bought decorations. It was filled with handmade angles making funny faces. They had bought five after finding one that looked strangely like Taehyun, probably because the middle parted grayish blonde hair. 

 

~*~

 

Arriving home they carried the tree and their other belongings with them. They ran into one of the stuck up ladies from a few floors above them in the elevator. She didn’t say anything, but it was obvious that she didn’t approve of the drizzle of green the tree was leaving behind on the floor of the elevator. 

Apologizing for the disturbance they backed carefully out of the elevator with their tree, only to accidentally prod her with the tip of the tree. 

                "That’s for calling my cat ugly" 

Jinwoo mumbled as the elevator door closed behind them. As soon as the elevator started moving had they both begun laughing. It was partially because they both recalled a bit too well that evening Rey had escaped from the apartment only to be found by said grumpy lady a few hours later. 

                "She did describe your cat as an angry rat at one point" 

Seungyoon said between fits of laughter. Their cats were all escape artists, slipping out when no one were watching, causing trouble where they could. Mino’s cat was the worst although it was the biggest and fluffiest of them all. The only upside to it was that at least his cat came when he called for it. 

They stepped into the hall of the dorm only to be met by loud music and a strong smell of food. Following the music they found Taehyun singing Let It Go a bit too passionately while hanging up white and silver garlands above the window.

Watching Taehyun who was still unaware of their arrival Jinwoo soon began humming along while Seungyoon watched in amusement as Taehyun made a dramatic pose claiming the cold never bothered him anyway. Taehyun’s solo performance was interrupted by Mino who turned down the music and pointed to the roof in the hallway. 

                "Dude, why did you put this up here? Who are you planning on kissing if I dare ask?" 

He was standing directly beneath the saddest looking twig of mistletoe Jinwoo had ever seen. He and Seungyoon exchanged a look before turning their attention to Taehyun. Obviously not pleased that his Frozen performance had been cut short he turned his attention away from the window. 

                "You never know what pretty ladies stop by during the holiday season! With all the food you have been cooking we could probably feed more than twenty people!" 

Seungyoon and Jinwoo had yet to check out the food, but they didn’t doubt his statement for a second. Turning towards Mino anticipating his reply they noticed Seunghoon sneaking up behind him. All keeping a straight face they waited for what the sneaky lion was up to this time. Mino was reaching for the mistletoe when the lion pounced, wrapping his arms tightly around the other rappers chest pulling him into a backbreaking hug.

                "So this is where you have been hiding! Leaving me to kitchen duty on my own!"

Seunghoon exclaimed loudly, not loosening his grip on the struggling rapper.

                "Oh, what is this? Were you perhaps waiting for me under this very special twig?"

He continued looking up at the sad looking mistletoe. Jinwoo heard Taehyun grumble something from behind him about accidentally sitting on it while unwrapping the decorations. Holding back his laughter Jinwoo looked up at Seungyoon whom had already shifted his focus to him.

                "Argh! Enough with the kisses already!"

Mino complained still in a tight, very forced embrace by the other rapper who looked as smug as ever. Seunghoon was leaning his chin on Mino’s shoulder now, making kiss-like motions with his lips an inch away from Mino’s cheek.  

Jinwoo felt Seungyoon’s arm around his waist and he had a feeling they were thinking about the same thing. 

 

~*~

 

It was almost midnight when they were done with everything they had planned to get done. Even if the food had been prepared for the next day had there been more than enough for them to eat before going out again. Their reason for going out had been Taehyun’s confession during dinner that he had not been able to buy any gifts. In the end had it turned out that it was only himself and Seunghoon who had bought gifts, Jinwoo and Mino had not done so either. 

It had been quite chaotic as they all had headed out. The original plan had been for all five to go together, but with the flurry of people rushing around shopping this particular afternoon had he and Seunghoon ended up waiting at work. 

                "So much for our two days off" 

Seunghoon mused from behind his notes. Seungyoon had been helping with the composition of his solo track for the album and so it was the perfect project to put in a few hours on when they suddenly got time. 

                "Today isn’t a nice day to go out shopping anyway" 

He replied making a few changes to the recording. He worried for Jinwoo, what if he got lost in the crowd again? It wouldn’t be the first time. He had told Taehyun to keep an eye on him, but with how easily distracted he was didn’t count much on him doing a good job. 

                "What do you think they are buying us?" 

Seunghoon asked after they had listened to the minor changes Seungyoon just had done. 

      "No idea, last year I got gloves" 

He answered thinking about Jinwoo’s gift. Looking up from his computer he noticed Seunghoon’s smug face. 

      "Hm?" 

He asked already guessing what Seunghoon was thinking about. 

                "You and Jinwoo, something changed recently" 

That’s Seunghoon for you, always so perceptive. 

                "And?" 

He replied without thinking things through properly. 

                "You aren’t going to deny it?" 

Seunghoon asked sounding a little surprised before leaning forward to get a better look at his face. Deciding it was time to turn the questions back on Seunghoon he said 

                "You and Mino seem closer lately" 

This brought him exactly the reaction he expected, Seunghoon laughed and leaned back in his chair. Obviously more on the defensive now than before.

                "I just like playing with him" 

It was Seungyoon’s turn to laugh now. 

                "If you say so" 

They didn’t discuss the matter any further. He knew there was no point in hiding anything from Seunghoon, but he also knew he would keep his secrets if he confided in him right away.

 

When the car arrived with the 3 shoppers looking more than a little disheveled couldn’t Seungyoon help but to think that not joining them had been the right choice. Seunghoon had asked if everything had been taken care of and Mino had nodded while Jinwoo had handed him a bag with two beverages. Seungyoon accepted the other one and smiled gratefully at Jinwoo who had explained that they at some point had taken cover from the masses at a roof top coffee shop.

                "We figured no one would want to be outside in this cold anyway"

Taehyun shot in while blowing hot air at his light pink fingers. Truthfully was it really cold now and Seungyoon wondered why they still got no snow.

 

When they arrived home had Seunghoon done a few finishing touches on the food before carefully wrapping it. Taehyun had bought some more decorations while shopping, amongst them blinking lights to put on the Christmas tree. 

Mino had been the first to retire to his room saying he needed to rest well before eating all the food he could manage tomorrow. Taehyuns cats had viciously attacked the now blinking tree and so he had locked himself in his bedroom with them for the night. Seungyoon had just said good night to Seunghoon when he found Jinwoo trying to straighten the tree after the most recent cat attack. 

                "Let me help" 

Seungyoon had said and gave it a hard tug at the top so that the tree drizzled pine needles onto the floor. It did the trick and they took a step back to admire the sight. 

                "The blinking lights are a bit much don’t you think?" 

Jinwoo asked taking in the same sight as him. He knew how to make it a bit cozier and proceeded to walk over to the entrance of the living room. Turning of the other lights in the room really made the difference and Jinwoo clapped happily at the sight. 

                "This is something else" 

He said and took another step back. Seungyoon didn’t take the time to look at the tree this time, he was too busy taking in a different view. Walking over to Jinwoo he grabbed him by the hand and carefully tugged at it to make Jinwoo follow him. They sat down on the couch, huddle together between blankets, pillows and cats. He put his arm around Jinwoo, who like he so often did, let his head rest on his shoulder. 

Feeling a calm he had not felt in a very long time he smiled to himself. Maybe this was all thanks to Jinwoo he wondered? It could also be the holiday spirit. Whatever the reason, did he really appreciate this feeling and hoped it would stay with him for a while. Hugging Jinwoo closer he kissed the top of his head before letting out a sigh. 

"I’m so lucky" 

He whispered, wishing Jinwoo would turn towards him so he could kiss him. Instead did Jinwoo pull on his arm, tightening the embrace. 

                "I love you" 

Jinwoo whispered back, and leaned his head down to kiss his hand. 

                "I love you too" 

He replied. He really did, with all his heart, had done so for many years already and there was no doubt in his heart that he would keep on loving him for a very long time still. 

 


Author's note: It's December! Yay! I'm admin and writer for Winderland and this is my first contribution to the project. There will be more stories by me this December, but I advice you to check out Winderland's webpage for new fics every day until the 25th :)  So many amazing authors whom I'm sure many of you know is writing for the Winner fandom this year, maybe you will find your favourite one there sometime this December? 

Anyway, Jinyoon! otp in my case, but so hard to write.. I did my best! Thank you for reading *hugs*