The Veil

Eiryia's Winner Oneshot Collection
 I started writing this after this gif turned up the other day: 
 
                                                                        
 
Jinyoon is actually my otp, I got so many drafts for stories for this pairing. I just can't seem to get them right. Well I think this is my best attempt so far. 
 
 
"The Veil"
 
Seungyoon was leaning back in his seat trying to rest. He was enjoying the view from the car of the Tokyo skyline while attempting to not think of the amount of work that was ahead of them now that WWIC was over. They had just finished the last WWIC in Tokyo that evening and were heading back to the hotel. He was riding in a car with just Jinwoo and himself.
 
Jinwoo looked completely absorbed in his phone, holding it close up to his face letting out tiny laughs ever so often. 
Seungyoon looked out on the passing scenery yet again catching glimpses of the sun going down behind the tall city buildings. Jinwoo let out a small giggle and Seungyoon couldn't help but to look at him.. again.
 
He was wearing sunglasses so Jinwoo couldn't tell that he was looking anyway. He had to admit that he was getting curious of what Jinwoo found to be so funny. So when he laughed another time couldn't he help but to take of his sunglasses before leaning towards him while asking "What's so funny?"
 
Jinwoo lifted his gaze slowly looking a little startled by Seungyoons sudden shift in attention. He held his phone to his chest and smiled one of his sugar sweet smiles saying "nah ah". Seungyoon pretended to be offended and leaned back in his seat while frowning.
"But I wanna know" he said in a pretend whiny voice. It was obvious that he was joking, but Jinwoo bought into it anyway and held up his phone while looking out the window with a shy expression on his face. 
 
It was a picture of him from one of their recent fanmeetings. He was in a costume, they had all been. This wasn't just any of the costumes though, it was the wedding dress one and he looked ridiculous because it didn't fit him at all. His face was the worst and the veil was flailing around him.
His frown deepened and he said "give me that" while reaching for Jinwoo's phone. Jinwoo didn't take the phone away from him so he grabbed it and gave it a closer look. He groaned as he got to see it properly. After all the cute poses he had made and this was the picture that was spreading around online?
 
"I look like I've completely lost it" he said while shaking his head. Jinwoo was looking out the window again.
"I think you look really nice" he said not meeting Seungyoon's eyes as he said it.
"Oh come on.." Seungyoon sighed, he wasn't sure what the last show had done to Jinwoo's eyesight, but it sure did not look anything close to nice. He began scrolling through the pictures and he had to laugh a little. 
 
Particularly Mino looked bad and it didn't help how he made all those strange poses. He kept scrolling and Seunghoons long slim legs kept popping up. "Some of these are pretty good" Seungyoon pointed out looking up at Jinwoo. He was looking straight at him this time and almost looked like he was blushing a little. Seungyoon didn't mention it because it could just be the low setting sun making his face turn that color.
 
He kept scrolling and stopped at a picture of Jinwoo. It was from when he had been wearing the schoolgirl uniform. He held it up to show him and pointed "This is cute". Jinwoo looked down onto his own feet with a shy, but still very cute look on his face while mumbling "Thanks". 
 
Seungyoon smiled, it was definitely not just the sun making him turn that color.
 
They sat in silence for a couple of minutes, Seungyoon was contemplating what to say or do next. He knew what he wanted, but weren't quite sure how to go about it. It was time to be sneaky. 
 
He stretched out his hand with the phone to give it back and said "I feel cheated".
 
Jinwoo gave him a quizzical look before asking "Hm? By whom?"
Seungyoon just smiled. Jinwoo leaned a little closer to get a better look at his face, trying to read his expression.
"By you, obviously" Seungyoon replied. Jinwoo blinked. "There is nothing obvious about that. Explain" he replied still blinking up at him with those big eyes of his. 
 
"Well" Seungyoon started "I actually wanted to see you in that wedding dress as well".
Jinwoo gave him a skeptical look. "You are just teasing me for what I said before" He said still probably trying to figure out what Seungyoon was about this time.  
Seungyoon looked out the window trying to keep a straight face. He had his own agenda and everything was going according to plan. He sighed and pouted a little without turning back towards Jinwoo. 
 
"I'm sorry" Jinwoo said moving closer to him and Seungyoon almost felt bad for sneaking around, almost.
 
"The costumes are in the back of these cars aren't they? We can see if the veil is in the back of this.." Seungyoon turned towards Jinwoo as he said it and planted a big kiss on his lips "..one?" it only lasted for a couple of seconds and when he pulled away he could see that Jinwoo still was processing the whole thing by the dazed look on his eyes.
 
"Heyyy.. You tricked me?" he said after a little while. Seungyoon laughed "Maybe?" Jinwoo hit his shoulder with his fist. It was only a nudge really, but he was strong and Seungyoon was a skinny guy so he felt it hit pretty hard none the less.
 
"I do want to see you in that veil though, let's look for it when we get to the hotel" Seungyoon said to show that he had been paying attention and didn't want another hit however playful it was meant to be. 
 
Jinwoo leaned back in his seat and concentrated on the road ahead of them. He felt a little dizzy and preferred blaming it on motion sickness and not the amount of butterflies that had taken flight in his stomach during the last couple of minutes. 
 
Seungyoon was usually the trustworthy one, but he had been sneaking around lately. Well not actually sneaking around, but doing sneaky things to trick him. He thought back on the latest incidents. Their almost kiss.. kisses and he felt himself get embarrassed as he thought about it. He didn't really mind and the fans loved it.
The problem was as he recently had come to realize that he wanted more. He wanted it to be something special between them and Seungyoon playing around like this actually hurt his feelings a little. Not just a little, a lot. 
 
Jinwoo sighed and looked out the window. His heart was still galloping ahead of him after that unexpected kiss and it made him feel uneasy. He could feel Seungyoon shift his weight in the seat next to him, but he was still trying to get his feelings under control. It was difficult because the more he thought about the things Seungyoon had done to him recently the more he understood how deep the feelings he had for him were. 
 
Why did it have to be so hard? Why did he have to like him like this? and why did he have to make it so much worse by playing around with him all the time.
"You okay?" Seungyoon leaned over towards him so that their faces were inches away from the other. Jinwoo turned to look at him, to tell him that all was okay.. maybe even play around with him a bit as well since he had done so much of that towards him lately. That didn't happen however. He turned to look at him and as he did could he feel his eyes betray him, tears welling up making them all shiny.
"Are you crying?" Seungyoon asked as soon as he saw it. 
Jinwoo wanted to say no, to rub his eyes and to smile. He couldn't. He felt his body start shaking as the heartbreaking realization hit him straight in the face. Seungyoon only toyed around with him like that to make a great show for their fans, to make them believe there was something going on between them when in fact there was nothing. That nothing hurt. 
 
How could nothing hurt so much? He sniffled and tried to not look at Seungyoon.
 
"Why are you crying?" Seungyoon asked in a soft low voice. "Please tell me, I'll do anything to make you feel better". 
Jinwoo wiped away his tears on his shirtsleeves and looked down.
"Nothing" Jinwoo managed to mumble even if his voice was cracking at the end.
 
"I don't believe you, it can't be nothing" Seungyoon said leaning forward looking up at his face.
 
"It is" Jinwoo said "The fact that there is nothing.. between us".
 
Jinwoo couldn't believe he just said that. He hid his face in his hands and leaned forward waiting for Seungyoons reaction. He expected him to say "but we are friends" or "but I care about you, you are an important part of winner"
 
He didn't say either of those things however. Seungyoon reached out a hand and grabbed one of his forcing him to reveal half of his face in the process. He felt so embarrassed and already wished he had not said anything, he could just as well tell him why he was so upset in the first place so that maybe he would stop from now on.
 
"You, doing these things.. it hurts, because I like you and.." He looked up at Seungyoon, tears still running down his face. Seungyoon looked back at him for a moment with a confused expression on his face and then he said "I think we need some air". 
Jinwoo looked at him in disbelief. What did he mean by that? To create some space between them? This was how he reacted to his confession? It was too much, he didn't want Seungyoon to distance himself from him. 
 
As Jinwoo felt the hearbreak sink inn for real did Seungyoon lean forward to speak to the driver and Jinwoo felt the car pull over before stopping completely.
 
"Come on" Seungyoon said while pulling on his hand. So he had meant actual air? not like air.. space like a metaphor? Jinwoo followed as Seungyoon pulled him along down a scarcely populated street. He looked down to hide the fact that he still was crying and did his best to keep up without stumbling. They walked and walked until he suddenly felt it, the change in the air. A sea breeze?
 
They passed a corner and there it was: the ocean. It weren't like open sea because they could see to the other side of the bay, but the air.. the air was a pleasant reminder of calm and of home. He had grown up by the sea and he was sure Seungyoon could understand this coming from a city close to the sea as well. That was probably why he had brought him there. To calm down and to breath.
 
They walked down to the ocean barricades and sat down on one of the benches overlooking the bay. They couldn't hear much of the sounds from the water because the sound of the city was so much stronger. They could hear a couple of seagulls however and that along with the sea breeze was all he needed to feel better. 
 
They were still holding hands even if they were sitting down now and it made him feel better even if he was still nervous. "You know" Seungyoon began "I don't kiss you and do all those things just for fun or to tease you"
 
It was silent between them for a while before he continued "I did all those things because I thought it was all I could have.. and really any moment close to you is better then none" Jinwoo looked at Seungyoon in disbelief.
Was he saying what he thought he was saying? Did he want something more as well? or did he miss some part of this? a tiny part of him dreaded that also this was some kind of silly joke, but Seungyoons face was dead serious. 
 
"So what do you think?" Seungyoon asked.
Jinwoo blinked, so what did he think what? He had missed something now he was sure of it. Why did this always happen? He got so absorbed in his own thoughts that everything else just blended together into a haze and words blended with sounds.. and he missed things. 
 
Important things, like Seungyoon asking him something to do with them? "uhm?" Jinwoo replied.
 
"It's okay if you don't want to" Seungyoon said and Jinwoo blinked even more silently freaking out now. What was he asking him? He had to admit it..
"I'm sorry I was quietly panicking and missed what you were saying" he mumbled looking at his feet.
 
"Oh" Seungyoon said and stayed quiet for a while "please don't panic, I just asked if you would like to try this couple thing with me.. just you know us two, together from now on?" His voice went to a low whisper at the end as he nervously awaited his answer.
Now it was Jinwoo's turn to say "Oh" he looked at Seungyoon for a moment before saying "I would love that". Seungyoon met his eyes now and smiled a shy smile.
"I would love that too". They both smiled and Jinwoo wondered how things could turn from heartbreak and panic to pure bliss in such a short while. 
 
"Let's go find that veil then" Seungyoon said after a while of just enjoying the view in silence together. He got up from the bench and stretched out a hand towards him.
"Don't you think we are moving a bit too fast with this couple thing?" Jinwoo said getting up not giving Seungyoon his hand right away, but still laughing a little at his own joke. 
"Aha aha very funny" Seungyoon said grabbing his hand again pulling him along with him.
 
"Didn't we come walking down from over there?" Jinwoo asked as he looked up the street they had come down a bit earlier. "Well yeah, but that" Seungyoon pointed "is our hotel".
Jinwoo laughed. Oh well, at least he would have found his way back to the car. If it was still there, but it probably weren't.. and then he would have been lost, in Tokyo.. Again. 
 

Authors note: I wrote this and it turned out super angsty, then something happened in my own life and I cried and cried.. so now that I was about to post this I cried because of all the angst T.T' I completely rewrote it last minute and added a happy ending. I hate writing angst.. *walks of sniffling* ..I probably shouldn't have posted this, I completely butchered it x_x