Snowfall

Eiryia's Winner Oneshot Collection

Snowfall

by Eiryia

 

 

Stepping out into the cold winter morning he squinted at the low rising sun. The car had yet to arrive, but he was so sleepy he feared he would fall asleep if he waited inside. Pulling his coat tightly around him he leaned out to see if he could spot any cars approaching. A thin cloud of condensation spread across his vision as his warm breath meshed with the freezing morning air. 

The others would be sleeping for many hours yet, it was their first weekend off in months. Seungyoon looked at his phone to check the time once more. He had looked at without memorizing it the first time and was slightly annoyed with himself for not being able to follow a single trail of thought. 

He was just about to walk inside when the car taking him home rolled into the driveway. After apologizing to the driver for giving him work at such an ungodly hour he stepped inside. Letting himself sink into the cool leather of the backseat. It struck him as surprisingly cold and that was when the driver apologized telling him the heating system of the car had stopped working the evening before. The driver offered him a thin fleece blanket to keep him warm and he accepted it quietly. 

The blanket didn’t help much, but the ride home weren’t long and he let himself drift into a daze like state while watching the sun slowly make its way up on the horizon. 

His plan for their weekend off was simple: Sleep.

He knew Taehyun was going to meet with friends in his hometown, Jinwoo was having a very late birthday celebration with his family and Mino had been talking about meeting a few of the guys from SMTM after getting an invitation by Zico a while back. Seunghoon had yet to tell him of his plans, he surely would have remembered if he had mentioned it. 

When he stepped out of the car at the dorm was he freezing from head to toe, a shower would probably be a good idea to avoid another seasonal cold, but he couldn’t be bothered. Stepping into the elevator he rubbed his pink hands together and tried to breathe some warm air between them. Watching the increasing floor number above the elevator he stifled a yawn before walking out on his designated floor. Heading towards their dorm door he noticed how the lights in the ceiling seemed to be blinking faintly. 

 

It was quiet in the dorm and judging by the lack of shoes in the hallway could he guess that Taehyun probably already had left. The last time he had seen him was on Wednesday at dance practice, he himself had not returned to the dorm before now, sleeping on leather sofas in recording rooms and showering at the gym. 

"I should return home here more often" 

He mumbled to himself as he stumbled out of his shoes before placing them neatly on his usual spot on the shoe shelf. It weren’t particularly tempting to take of his coat as the hallway felt colder than ever. It weren’t as if he could go to sleep wearing it and so he shrugged out of it after one last moment of enjoying what little warmth it gave. 

Walking down the hall he heard the familiar soft snoring come from Mino’s room. After a quick peek into the living room had he spotted Jinwoo under two blankets with his laptop askew across his chest, soundly asleep as well. 

"Have you been sleeping like this all night?" 

He whispered as he approached Jinwoo’s sleeping form. Taking great care as to not wake him he managed to remove the computer. As the apartment was even colder than normal did he head over to the cupboard and pulled out a third blanket. 

"We can’t have you catch a cold now can we, then I will certainly catch it as well" 

Laughing at his somewhat selfish thought he spread the third blanket across the oldest shoulders and arms. The only response he got was Jinwoo wrinkling his nose slightly before mumbling something in very broken Japanese. He looked so warm and snug underneath all the blankets and Seungyoon felt himself grow more and more envious as he studied the sight. Deciding it was time to sleep he turned and headed back into the hall. 

 

Walking around the corner towards his room he was met by the strong morning sunlight. Squinting at it he sighed as the light left a hint of warmth on his body. Like a reptilian needing to recharge he walked towards the window drawn in by the sun. Feeling the heat of the tiny radiator by the window he leaned against the window staring into the empty city streets far below. 

Maybe his draw towards the sun simply came from the amount of time he had spent in windowless recording and practice rooms he wondered. He would have to start taking extra vitamins soon or he would get vitamin D deficiency from the lack of sunlight. Sighing as the heat from the radiator helped him regain proper feeling in his toes he straightened up. He was about to turn around when he heard a sound behind him. 

"Why are you up this early?" 

He asked without turning to see who it was. He felt warm breath hit his neck making tiny hairs rise all the way up from his arms. Moments later and a red mug appeared in his line of vision. 

"I forgot to shut the blinds last night" 

Seunghoon replied from behind him. He reached out for the mug, but it disappears before he managed to grab it. The smell of tea and the tempting thought of something warm to drink made him turn to follow the mug. Seunghoon was drinking out of his own green mug with a smug expression while holding the red one in his left hand.

Too tired to play any of his games Seungyoon pouted while giving Seunghoon a sad expression. When he got no response had he reached out his hands towards the mug, but Seunghoon turned to the side so that it was yet again out of reach. 

"It’s getting cold" 

He said while eying the tea which had a soft aura due to the hint of hot fluid still evaporating into the air around it. Seunghoon leaned his face closer and closed his eyes. So this was what he wanted. Seungyoon thought hesitating still.

"I can’t with you sometimes" 

He mumbled shyly but still took a step closer, placing a small kiss at the smiling lips in front of him. Pulling away he quickly placed his still cold hands around the mug and Seunghoon’s hand waiting for him to let go.

"Too quick"

Seunghoon teased, not letting go of the mug. Getting annoyed he leaned in yet again, pushing his lips hard against the soft, slightly puckered lips now directly in front of his own face. Lingering only a moment too long he pulled away admittedly enjoying it more than he should. He wanted the tea, not the kisses after all. Seunghoon let go of the cup then and they both took a step back to enjoy their tea. Both acting as if the kissing was a completely ordinary thing to do.

There was a hint of honey in the tea making it taste even better than usual and he could feel the heat spread throughout his body slowly. They watched the sun slowly rising from their spot by the window, neither saying another word until all of Seungyoon's tea was gone. A small shiver went up his spine as he put the mug down on the table. The thought of climbing into bed grew ever more tempting and he gazed over towards the direction of his bedroom and then back out the window. 

"Sleep with me?" 

He said still watching the sun. His only reply was a snort from Seunghoon whose nose was now dripping of tea. 

"What was that?" 

Seunghoon replied after drying of his nose. 

"My bedroom is probably icy cold, I’m freezing even while I’m standing here" 

It was a selfish request, but he rarely made any, he wouldn’t mind having someone’s steady breathing lulling him to sleep either.

Seunghoon finished his tea and brought both their mugs to the kitchen without replying. Taking that as a no Seungyoon went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Walking to his bedroom minutes later he was surprised to find the door open. Peeking inside he saw little as the blinds and curtains shut out all daylight. The cold was striking just like he had predicted, so he hurried to the bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed he saw an arm sticking out from under the covers and the top of a head with messy hair on the pillow.

"I heated the bed for you"

Seunghoon said smugly and sat up, looking like he was about to get up. Seungyoon weren’t about to allow that. Hurrying under the covers he grabbed hold of Seunghoon’s arm while throwing one leg across his lap.

"Stay for a bit?"

He mumbled feeling a little ridiculous, yet very happy at the same time. All this working alone at night must have affected him more than usual. Seunghoon then flopped down on his back in rather dramatic manner before pulling the covers properly over them. 

"Okay, but only because it’s still so early" 

Seunghoon said after a moment of silence. He then yawned and turned a little, wrapping his arm around Seungyoon’s shoulder. Still feeling chilly he took the opportunity that Seunghoon’s embrace offered and snuggled in close to his warm chest.

Listening to the steady beats of the strong dancer heart he was soon drifting off to dreamland. The last thing he heard before sleep finally caught him was

"Let’s go out to eat together when we wake up"

 

 

Staring into the darkness he untangled his arm from under the covers and turned away a little from Seunghoon’s still sleeping form. It was already past noon and his stomach was growling furiously. Feeling the cold creep up his arm he hurried to tuck it in under the covers again. His sudden movement was enough to wake Seunghoon who stirred and blinked.

"Morning"

He said in a low voice before rubbing his eyes a little.

"What time is it?"

Seungyoon was busy pulling the covers closer around them and didn’t reply right away.

"It’s lunch time"

Seunghoon was the one to snuggle closer this time and Seungyoon didn’t complain. Arms soon around the others waist he trailed his fingers up and down Seunghoon’s back absentmindedly. He was wondering what he wanted for breakfast, or lunch..

"Coffee would be nice"

He said after deciding that he could let Seunghoon pick their meal.

 

 

They had both rolled out of bed and put on clothes without speaking much. It weren’t unusual for them to quietly move around the other.  He was still feeling the lack of sleep and wouldn’t mind going back to sleep after eating. Seunghoon walked out of the room first while he looked around for a pair of socks without some crazy pattern. The amount of ugly socks he owned now was mounting up as the fans kept gifting them all socks. Seunghoon was the only one rejoicing over these gifted socks as he collected them, but still, he needed to buy more in black and white.

Attempting to put on a striped pair in black and red he almost stumbled in the door way of his room. When he finally caught up to Seunghoon was he at spot he himself had been standing early that morning.

"Come look"

He said and made a gesture towards the window before leaning against the wall to make room for him. Curious he walked towards him. They were far up, so there was only so much they could see from up there. Was it another fire? Or a bird? It better not be like that time Taehyun had spotted a woman in the apartment building opposite to theirs. 

"Hm?" 

He said and leaned towards the window, but he didn’t really have to see long to understand what Seunghoon was talking about. A thin line of white fluff lined the edge of the window. 

"Snow?" 

It made sense, everything was so cold now after all. Looking out he saw almost only white. The ground far below was covered in what must be a quite substantial amount of snow. Seunghoon seemed excited, but he didn’t like it that much. He always caught every seasonal cold and he was freezing indoors. 

"Let’s sneak out and go buy you that coffee!" 

Seunghoon said enthusiastically dragging him by the arm towards the hallway. They pulled out thick sweaters from one of the storage boxes and thick coats before fighting on their winter boots. Stylish didn’t matter as they really wanted to go unnoticed. He was fighting with a long scarf after putting on everything else and couldn’t quite figure out how to wear it while hiding his face.

"I’ll help you"

Seunghoon said and took a step closer. He had already wrapped himself up neatly wearing a bright green and blue checkered scarf and a rather ghastly neon green beanie. Stuffing the scarf well down at the back of his neck he shivered when Seunghoon’s cold fingers softly brushed his nape along with the scarf. Looking up he met Seunghoon's gaze and they both smiled at the other. 

Seunghoon didn’t stop when he looked away however and feeling a little embarrassed now he asked

"What?"

While rubbing his nose a little. The scarf went almost up above to his eyes and it made his face itch. He pulled down the scarf to bellow his chin and rubbed his nose even more vigorously as to avoid sneezing.    

"You look cute like this" 

Seunghoon said before making the final knot on the scarf. Wrinkling his nose in slight disbelief he let his focus drift back to Seunghoon’s observing eyes. He was about to deny it when Seunghoon swooped down, kissed his lips quickly and sprinted out the door. 

"Gotcha!" 

He exclaimed happily while striding quickly towards the elevator entrance. Seungyoon pulled the scarf up over his face again as if to avoid being kissed again, but it was really only to hide a little because it felt like his face was on fire. 

Walking outside was surprisingly pleasant. The sun shone brightly now and the city seemed cleaner and quieter covered with such a heavy layer of snow. 

"When was the last time we had snow like this?" 

Seunghoon asked while gathering up as much of the white fluff as he could with his arms. It must have been years Seungyoon mused as he watched Seunghoon throw the snow up in the air. He made a quick, elegant spin beneath it in his typical expressive way before turning towards Seungyoon again. 

"It must have come suddenly" 

Seunghoon continued picking up some more snow. Seungyoon eyed him suspiciously now as he moved closer with the snow still in his arms. 

"I mean, they haven’t even cleared the roads" 

Seunghoon added, still walking closer. Seungyoon didn’t answer, backing away a few steps he could smell mischief from far away. 

"What are? WAH!" 

Moments later and all the white fluff was spreading out around them. Seunghoon had grabbed him in a tight hug, holding him in place as the snow fell around them. 

"Snow hug!" 

Seunghoon exclaimed happily and hugged him even tighter. Mumbling how he was about to be crushed he tried to wriggle free of Seunghoon’s tight grip. Some of the snow had gathered on top edge of the scarf and was slowly melting against his still hot skin. Wrinkling his nose and puffing his cheeks to avoid the melted snow running down towards his neck he met Seunghoon’s enthusiastic eyes. 

"What’s with the face?" 

He asked bursting out laughing. When Seungyoon didn’t reply had he pulled of his mitten and poked one of his puffy cheeks. This caused him to let the stored air out and a wall of condensed air in the shape of smoky mist appeared between them. He hurried to rub his face before the snow was allowed access to his neck and gave Seunghoon an accusing look. He was still humming amused. 

"You wanna know what I think?" 

Seunghoon said, turning slightly to indicate that they should keep walking as to not get cold. 

"I think you liiiiiike me!" 

Seungyoon didn’t reply. He just smiled and wiped a few snowflakes out of his face. It had suddenly begun snowing again and he wanted to get moving before it got worse. 

 

They had managed to buy both food and coffee before the worst snowfall had begun. Luckily enough did the wind blow so that it weren’t directed straight at their faces, yet still they had trouble seeing for the heavy snowfall. 

"Slow down! I can barely see you over there!" 

Seungyoon heard Seunghoon call out from behind him. He stopped in his tracks and waited for the older to catch up. 

"Scared to lose me?" 

He teased and nudged Seunghoon’s shoulder with a mitten clad hand. Seunghoon laughed and nudged him back a bit harder making him stagger at the loss of balance. 

"It would be a shame, having to tell the others of how I lost our precious leader in a snowstorm, now wouldn’t it" 

It was Seungyoon’s turn to laugh. He then stretched out an arm towards Seunghoon. He looked at it for a moment, gave it a small fist bump before grabbing it tightly pulling him closer. Walking the last couple of hundred meters towards home they kept a tight hold on the other even if there was no practical need any more as the wind had subsided. 

"One of the benefits of wearing a mountain of clothes is how one will be able to recognize us" 

Seunghoon mused while looking for their key. Pulling it out from one of his pockets he held it up triumphantly. Seungyoon responded with humming a little tune from one of the games Jinwoo often played. 

"I’m not so sure about the recognizing part" 

He said as they stomped of the snow from their shoes inside the hall. 

"There aren’t that many around here at that height of ours and especially not that many that would wear such a ghastly looking green color" 

Seunghoon responded by pulling of his beanie and proceeded to throw it at his face while laughing. The snow on it had begun melting and it was like a wet slap in the face. 

"AH! You!" 

Seungyoon exclaimed loudly and pulled the beanie of his face before attempting to throw it back. The elevator opened in that moment and Seunghoon sprinted inside pushing the button to close the door as fast as he could. Seungyoon managed to get inside at the last moment and they had a temporary truce while the elevator went up. Eyeing the other cautiously they stepped out of the elevator calmly, but without taking their eye of the other. 

Seungyoon wanted to get back at him, but the older was just a little bit scary and there was still a lot of snow covered pieces of clothing that could be thrown back at him. 

They walked side by side down the hall, Seunghoon carrying the bag with their food while Seungyoon got the coffee. Peeking into the paper bag to see their two thermo mugs he was pleased to see that they had survived his less cautious movements since arriving in the building. 

Stopping by the front door a few steps behind Seunghoon he waited for him to unlock it. They were about to walk inside when suddenly they heard a weak humming sound and everything went dark.

"Oh, the power went out"

Seunghoon said looking down the now dark hall only lit by escape route lights.

"Must be because of the sudden heavy snowfall"

He mused as he stepped inside the hall and took of his winter coat. Only the cold white light of the outside lit the long hallway and it didn’t look all that inviting.

"Let’s light some candles if we can find some"

Seunghoon suggested while hanging up his wet winter clothes. He then disappeared down the hall towards the kitchen and living room. Watching him go Seungyoon took a break in fighting with the zipper on his jacket which was horribly stuck. He always got it stuck, pulled on the zipper too hard and ended up hurting himself when tugging it loose.

Seunghoon was peeking down the hall at him by the time he was done taking of his winter clothes. He had a funny expression on his face and it made Seungyoon hesitate for a moment. What was he up to now? 

Walking around the corner carrying their coffee he couldn’t help but to smile. Seunghoon had found a few half burned down candles and lit them and set up their food neatly on a small table by the couch. 

"Better find some blankets" 

He suggested after giving Seunghoon the coffee. Nodding Seunghoon went over to a basket behind the couch and picked up a pair of neatly folded blankets. They each wrapped a blanket around their shoulders before huddling down together on the couch. Taking a sip of his coffee Seunghoon smiled.

"This was a good idea, even if we had to brave the snow"

Seungyoon nodded and took a sip of his coffee as well. The feeling of warmth from the coffee combined with the coziness of his blanket made him sigh. It felt as if his body temperature was finally properly stabilizing for the first time since that morning. This morning and also.. He peeked over at Seunghoon from behind his coffee. He was looking straight at him. His stomach made a small jolt at that moment and he told himself to slowdown the coffee drinking as if that was the cause of it. 

They ate their food mostly in silence, sometimes discussing work or what they would like to eat for dinner. This kind of warm darkness deserved to be felt. The way the warm light of the candle battled with and beat the cold soft hue of the outside made the atmosphere even cozier. 

The power didn’t return and by the time they were done eating had the room become even colder. Figuring it might take a while for the power to return this time they began discussing going out to some other part of the city. Unable to decide on anything to do or anywhere they wanted to go they got to their feet to clean up after their meal. 

Stifling a yawn as he put away the dishes into the dishwasher he looked longingly towards his bedroom. He wouldn’t mind sleeping a bit more. Hesitating he looked back to Seunghoon before saying 

"A nap before dinner sounds nice" 

His voice died out towards the end. He felt bad for being such boring company when it was just the two of them around. On the other hand had he barely slept the last week. Staying at the studio, not even coming back to the dorm with the others. 

"Well there isn’t much to do anyway is there? With the power out and all. Besides, it’s getting colder and we can sleep on the decision of what to eat" 

Seunghoon was surprisingly easy to convince. Maybe he was tired too? Although they both had been drinking coffee had the trip to fetch it become a surprisingly draining one. 

"Okay if I go sleep then?" 

He asked while pulling of his sweater intending to go right to bed. Seunghoon nodded and gave him a small smile. He returned it before walking passed him towards his bedroom. He didn’t get far however as a tug on the back of his t-shirt kept him in place. 

"Uhm?" 

Turning around he felt Seunghoon let go of his shirt. He had his arms slightly open and away from his body, palms of his hands facing towards him. Seungyoon knew what this was about of course. 

"Sure" 

He said and took a step back towards Seunghoon only to be hugged tightly. There was something comforting about his hugs that none else quite could replicate. It made you feel better even if you weren’t feeling bad in the first place. A hug that could make sadness and loneliness evaporate, leaving only a calm happiness behind.

Today was a little different though, something felt slightly off. He was as happy as ever, but the calm never came. His heart beat faster the longer the hug lasted and he took in a big sip of air as their bodies touched. Feeling the warm skin against his cheek and jaw he hugged him tighter, wanting to be as close as possible.  

As the seconds ticked by had he wrap his arms tightly around Seunghoon’s back. Ignoring his own pulse as he went. Why should anything be different? They had been close like this for years. He knew deep down, why of course things were different now. The occasional handholding, the late night tea breaks at work, giving the other the benefit of the doubt in arguments in the group. His mind had arrived at the kisses when they began pulling away slowly from the hug. 

The kisses, it had never seemed to him like a big deal. Maybe because they always were innocent, over quickly and related to Seunghoon teasing him in some way. He didn’t mind it, not at all, but he had to admit that it was hardly something to be called only friendly gesture. 

 

Looking at the lips only a short distance away while thinking about all their recent kisses made his skin tingle and the butterflies weren’t far away either. It was what he wanted, it always was, yet he was never the one to initiate it. Was he really this dense? Nah, he just simply didn’t know what to do about it. 

He decided to act before doubt and sensible thinking got the upper hand. Moving in one swift motion he closed the distance between them, lips meeting lips within seconds. He weren’t sure if he had expected protests, but there was none, to the contrary did he seem quite welcome. Backing towards the wall he let one hand rest on Seunghoon’s chest. The other he leaned against the wall, but only for a moment before wrapping it around his neck, increasing the intensity of the kiss. 

The huffed breathing, the low moan as he on his bottom lip and the warm skin against his palm was all together dizzying. If Seunghoon had not begun trying to take control of the situation moments later weren’t he sure where this would have ended. Sense had snapped in place in his head as soon as he had felt decisive fingers tug at his pant lining however. 

He was about to say something when they heard a low humming sound start behind them. The sound came from the air condition; the power was back. Like a spell lifted they exchanged one last look before walking in each their direction.

Wrapping himself in his duvet and blankets a few minutes later he wondered if they were still going out for dinner like planned. What had gotten into him just moments ago had he decided not to offer so much though. One thing he was sure of and that was that he would like to do that again. 

 


Authors note: I'm back from my Japan adventures *u* Traveling sure is fun, returning home not so much. Here in my part of the world is everything freezing over and so I wanted to write about that. I've been thinking about writing a 2seung story for the longest time, I'm quite fond of the pair so I figured why not. Did you like this story? do let me know if I should write more like this one. 

Christmas is fast approaching and I'm one of the organizers of a fic advent over on LJ, I will also be writing for the project so go submit prompts and maybe I'll be the one writing your prompt :)