Angel

PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE

2010

“I’m not going to the company anymore, i’m just going back to study.” Jungkook are having a talk with his parents. He couldn’t face Nara anymore after what happened. Seeing her makes his heart hurts so much.

“why? You gave up on studying already. You said you have passion on this.” His dad looks unamused and talk to him with deep voice.

“ Jungkook-a, don’t do this. It’s not your fault.”

He’s not responding and can only stare to the floor with his teary eyes.

“I have this dream while watching her, mom. And it’ll never be the same anymore. She’s so pitiful.”
He talks while crying and wiping his tears. It’s his fault. No one else to blame but him.

“You know, you won’t be with her forever. Both of you are different person. I’m more than happy seeing my kids depend on each other, but this is not the way i want. Tell me about it after you decide. And stop crying, you’re the man of this family, ok?” His dad left after give him a liitle pat on his head. He can’t do anything but nod. Everything he said was true, he started because of Nara, but now he’s fighting for himself, for his own dream.
 

***

Nara back to her room after secretly listening their conversation with Jungkook.

“this is what mom means about hurting other people?” she’s mumbling by herself while hugging her knee and cry.

“noone else in this world that deserve this pain, but me.”
 

“Noona.” Nara open her eyes when she saw Jungkook is standing beside her watching her cry. She lift her face, and find his pale face. He’s been crying too. She does have a cruel thought about, it’s probably true that this is his brother’s fault.

“I’m really sorry for what happened.” His hands was extremely cold, and that moment Nara realized, things that she’d done is the best thing that she could ever do in her 18 years life.

She start crying even harder, and put her hand around Jungkook’s forehead.

“ you still have your fever.” She talks while give him a smile, but he looks like a mess, and not even stare at her eyes properly.

“ Jungkook-a, I’m really fine. I still have a lot of things to do.” She start talking while squeeze her brother’s arms on her hand.

“ I’m good at studying, i’m good at cooking too. But you? What can you do other than this?” Nara talk while teasing him lightly and ruffling his hair. He finally stare at her with his puppy eyes, and makes Nara realized that he doesn’t deserve any of this pain. The pain is hers and always be hers.

“ I’m good at sport, and i’m good at drawing too. Why are you always looking down at me?” he talks with deep voice.

Nara is taking a deep breath, and hold his arms even tighter.

“ This is the first time in years, that i felt i’ve done nothing wrong to you. I feel like i pay my sin to you completely. I can let my past slip away.” Nara give Jungkook a quick glance, when he looks surprised and loss of words.

“ This is not your fault, not even a little bit. I was doing that for my self not for you. I know what will happened to me if i lost you, what will happened to our family, to mom and dad. You’re more precious than those dreams. Just let me protect you this time, don’t makes me turn into a bad person anymore, i’ve act enough as a bad person to you, so just this time, let me be your angel.”

Nara talks while ruffling his hair and give him a smile.

“ you never be a bad person to me, Noona. Where did you hear that from?” Jungkook start to have teary eyes, and Nara can only lean on his shoulder while stare at the celling.

“ from everywhere, from everyone.”

***

 

It’s been three days since their fight, and Nara absolutely have no idea how to make up with him. He’s really mad, and him being mad is one of Nara’s weakness. She’s kind of scared by her little brother if that happened. He’s not a 5 years old kid who she can swear at anymore. He’s a grown up men with ton of fans behind him.

She find an unknown number calling her phone, and pick it up immediately, it’s probably him.

“Hello?” Nara can hear someone is breathing over the phone. Unfamiliar voice.

“ Nara-shi?” A girl’s voice.

“ Yes, who is it?” Nara carefully ask the caller, she feels something is not right over this phone call.

“ This is Suzy, can i see you for a moment, today?”