9. 16th Birthday Gift

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 years later …

19/9

“Happy birthday to you!”

 

Everyone clapped their hands when Joohyun blew her 16 candles on her 16th birthday. She was celebrating her birthday with her classmates at her own house – it was a birthday gift from her parents.

 

After she cut her birthday cake, everyone started to dig in the variety of delicacies prepared by her Granny’s friend. Some of them were dancing, but not like they danced in clubs or wild parties as Joohyun didn’t like those kind of things. In fact, they were still young for clubbing and stuff like that.

 

Joohyun hadn’t meet her parents for 9 years straight. They couldn’t manage to go to America even once as they were very, very busy. They could only call her for about… 30 minutes a week.

 

Indeed, she missed her parents so much. Sometimes, she thought she wanted to go to Korea all by herself. But she didn’t have the money. She didn’t want to ask for her parents’ money, too. She thought it would be a burden for them. But actually, it wouldn’t at all.

 

Between these 9 years, her elder brother, Chanyeol, married to his love, Wendy. She was a maid before, but now she has becoming a housewife. Both her brother and her grandmother agreed to let her celebrate her 16th birthday on her own, as it was just once in a life time. Besides, they knew Joohyun just wanted a normal party. That’s why they let her.

 

Back to the party. Joohyun was talking and eating with her best friend, Tiffany Hwang. Her friend was a Korean-American and she only had her siblings and her father. And her best friend, Joohyun as well.

 

But then, their conversation got interrupted by someone who poked Joohyun on the shoulder. Tiffany smirked when she saw that person, before excused herself. After she left, Joohyun turned around to see who that person was, although she knew who might that be.

 

She knew she was right. It was her boyfriend, Nam Tae Hyun. Yes, she had a boyfriend.

 

They’ve been together since a month before her birthday and Taehyun was being really loyal, gentleman, and everything a girl would say when she had fallen in love. He confessed to her first as she was his seatmate. And of course, Joohyun agreed without hesitation as she had a crush on that guy too.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter