22. I Just Knew It

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun's POV

A week has passed since the day I broke up with Taehyun. Wow, what a great drama that I've ever acted although I wasn't really a good actress. He, as usual, has gone in his own world. I hadn't met his friends, either. I wondered where they could be, although we were in the same building everyday. I mean, school.

Well, it wasn't just that. Byunghun hadn't realized that our most supported relationship was already ended or over. Although we were getting much closer than before, I didn't have the courage to tell him anything about it. I was still trying to play with some words and to convince myself that what I was going to do was right. Not that Byunghun would hate me more if I told him the truth. LOL.

To be honest to all of you, my feelings towards him had grown bigger. I would love to replace butterflies in my stomach with a flock of birds as I felt this kind of feelings was something new, like I was flying in the air. Like I was free enough to love someone like him.

I'm sorry to mumble around but it was the truth.

But, I couldn't rush things. I just broke up with a guy on that memorable day. I needed time to confirm my feelings whether it was true or not. I needed time to confirm that Byunghun was the right guy that I was going to choose to be my life partner. I didn't want to make the same mistake again. I've had enough. I've learnt from the guy called 'The Best Player In The World' - Nam Tae Hyun.

Back to the Earth like how Gru demanded his minion, Dave to come back to Earth. "Earth to Dave!" He said that. I remembered it as I chose it as my favourite moments of all time. The minion looked so cute with his imagination with the woman that I couldn't remember her name was.

Wow. We were so out of the topic.

As usual, I went home with Byunghun with his bike, leaving everyone impressed with how cool his way drove his precious baby. Teen Top went by their own ways like always - which means, Chunji was being left out as none of us wanted to disturb his moment with his soon-to-be-girlfriend, Tiffany. I couldn't wait for this couple as much as they waited for me and Byunghun.

Opps. Sorry.

I had a short note - or maybe an announcement - for the soon-to-be-Romeo, Lee Chan Hee or Chunji. Dude, just ask her out, alright? Was it a hard thing to do that? Man up, dude! She had the same feelings as you did towards her, too!

Opps. Sorry again.

Byunghun stopped his bike as we reached to the destination - my house. I lent his helmet back and waved goodbye. He went off with a bright smile of his. Wow. So his cold side has gone? That was a disappointing thing.

I went inside and did my daily routines - which were school works, school works and more school works - until my parents got home from their office. I bet they were tired with their lives, nowadays. I understood them. Somehow, I was might going to feel the same way as they did.

An extra thing happened today. Someone called me from America. I knew there were a lot of people in your mind right now, am I right? Chanyeol oppa, Wendy unnie, Granny... who else?

Let me just spill the beans. It was my grandmother, Granny. She finally called me since the day I arrived to Korea.

"Annyeong," We greeted each other happily. I was seriously missing her and others that lived there. Hopefully they were doing fine and well in America, especially Granny as she was all alone without me. Although she had Wendy unnie, she told me that it wasn't the same feeling as the time I was living with her. She missed me more, just like how my brother and my sister-in-law missed me.

"Yes, Granny. I'm fine. Mummy and Daddy are working really hard and I'm proud of them." I told her when she asked me about their lives. I was telling the truth. They really worked hard, harder than I've always seen.

"That's good," She replied from the other line. "How's your relationship with Taehyun going on?"

The smile that appeared on my face slowly faded away. Yes, only those who lived in America knew about our relationship. The people who didn't know anything about us at all were my parents. And they didn't have to know as we were over.

"We... We broke up." I slowly told her. I could hear she gasped from the other line. "What?!" She exclaimed, kind of yelling to me. I got shocked. It was my first time hearing Granny yelled like that. She never did that to anyone. Even to me.

"Why, Joohyun?" She asked, before let out a sigh. My eyebrows met with confusion. Why was she freaking out about our relationship? Usually, people wouldn't really care nor willing to yell like her. Why was she so mad? It was normal as we were still teenagers and teenagers love stories wouldn't last that long - except it there was fate.

"He cheated on me," I replied. "I couldn't stand to be with him anymore. Besides, he kept ignoring me. Until now, I should say. So why should I be with someone who doesn't even love me anymore?" I confessed to her, leaving her speechless as she didn't say anything for about a few minutes.

Not long after that, she continued. "Alright. I'm sorry to hear about you guys." She said. "Okay, sweetheart. I got to go. I'll call you soon, okay?" She reassured me, which she didn't succeed as I was still confused with her. But then, I threw it all away and agreed with her.

We exchanged a few more words but she ended the call. I put down my phone, wondering why Granny was so mad. She changed in a lightning strike just now. She even ended the call so early. I thought she missed me like crazy, we would have a longer conversation. I guess I was wrong, then.

While I was playing with my thoughts, I heard the sound of Daddy's car engine. They were here. They were finally home from their stressful work. They must be so tired.

I went down immediately to greet them as usual. "Annyeong," I greeted before walked with them to the dining room. We had our dinner with the others who were now, a part of my family whenever my parents weren't at home. It was an awkward atmosphere, as always.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter