24. We'll Just See

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun’s POV

 “No, Lee Byung Hun. Don’t do it. Don’t get this thing over.”

To be honest, I, myself, couldn’t believe that I told him that. While my fingers were still on his, my mind was thinking of how I could hide my face from this guy in front of me. How I could actually runaway from this freakin situation seemed to sound better, I think. Whatever it is, I just wanted to know a strategy that could make me feel brave to face this situation right now, which for me, uncontrollably embarrassing.

Byunghun, who was about to pull off the ring from my finger, turned his attention to me. He got his eyebrows met with a confused look on his face. Like I said, my action was something that wasn’t expectable. He didn’t expect me to do it. I didn’t expect myself to do it.

Park Joo Hyun, where did you get the greatest braveness, huh?

“What… what do you mean?” Byunghun slowly asked with the same look of his on his face. I understood very well if he got confused with me all of a sudden and thought about how weird I was as a girl. I mean, as his long-lost fiancé. Wow. This felt great.

Okay, Joohyun. You’re being mean to yourself.

“I…” I stuttered with sentences to be created in my mind. I had no idea on a very, critical time like this. I should have created at least three sentences that could save me from this embarrassing situation for a moment. Even though it wasn’t that embarrassing, but for me who was very sensitive with this and that, yes. It was super embarrassing.

How many times did I use the word ‘embarrassing’? Don’t bother to count.

“What is it, Joohyun?” The guy asked, making me back to my realization. His voice sounded soft in my ears. Maybe he thought that he would get a second chance. Maybe he thought that I would love to change my mind. Maybe he thought that our special relationship would always be special until another special relationship ended this relationship that we were having.

I’m sorry for making things more confusing.

“You heard what I said, right?” I asked him, which made him confused again. I was about to get confused, too when he nodded and agreed with the question that I asked. “Yes, I did.” He answered without even getting his eyes off of me. I wondered how I could manage myself to not get myself feeling hot with the cold weather. I bet Byunghun’s stare was too expensive to make me blushed. How grateful I would feel if it was true.

I knew I had to answer his question now. I knew I had to answer all of his secret questions that were hiding inside his precious mind. I knew I had to explain and let out everything right here, right now. I had to do it if I wanted to feel peace and free. I had to be brave if I wanted to proof to everyone that I wasn’t a coward.

But, how? I felt lost. I was so out of ideas. I lost all of the precious words that people have been using everyday in their daily lives. I lost all of the best sentences that I’ve created since this morning. I would love to remember if I did memorize the sentences and practice in front of the mirror just to look perfect in front of a guy named Lee Byung Hun.

What was going on with me for God’s sake?

“Park Joo Hyun, if you have only a set of words with small meanings, you can just let them all out. I don’t mind, as long as you agree to tell the truth from your heart.”

Byunghun’s ‘greeting’ finally got me the braveness that I’ve been begging to have. I decided to continue, so that I could end this situation that I’ve been willing to run away since just now. It’s not that I didn’t want to spend more time with Byunghun. It’s just that… that…

I would not use the word ‘embarrassing’ again.

“Alright,” I sat up properly with my fingers finally got back to my lap, meeting my other hand. I had no idea why I sat so politely it could make my big brother throw up now in America. He would always laugh whenever I acted like a princess, because he knew I would never be that kind of a girl who everyone called, perfect. Princesses are perfect with their own ways.

God, please.

“Byunghun, don’t you think that it is better if we keep the relationship until the best day reborn?” I began with a question which I think it was unquestionable. I knew he could answer it. But of course, he would add a little piece of his confusedness and a clueless face that would never change or fade away from him.

“It is, but –”

I decided to cut him off as I knew, he would answer me that. “Exactly. So why don’t we hold this relationship until the best time tells us that we can’t be together anymore with a long list of acceptable reasons?” I told him. “Besides, what will our parents think of us if we don’t continue? We’re their children. Who wants to break their parents’ hearts?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter