Why he follow me?

Mr Cool & Miss Chubby

Mrs. Jung sits beside her husband, while Nicole seat in front of her and her handsome son sit beside Nicole. They are enjoying their dinner but the atmosphere was a little bit awkward. 

"Umm...Yeobo. Who cooks this food? It tastes different from your cooking food."  Mr. Jung asks his wife.

"I ask our son to cook for dinner today because we go back late from the office," she replies him.

"Ohh...really? I don't know that my son can cook this good" Mr. Jung praise his son.

"Umma, actually Nicole is the one that cooks this food," said Leo.

"What!! You make our guest cook the food??" Mrs. Jung was so shock and mad at him.

"Sorry but I fell asleep and when I wake up Nicole was in the kitchen doing all the cooking thing," he said and low his head.

"It's okay, Ahjumma. I cook the dinner because this is the least that I can do to thank you and your family because you guys provide me a place to stay for tonight. Besides, I will go back to LA tomorrow" Nicole said while smiling.

 

After dinner, Nicole volunteer to wash the dishes. Done washing the dishes, Nicole gently walks out from the kitchen through the living room to the guest's room while trying to avoid making noise. When Nicole was in front of the room, she turns the doorknob slowly so it won't make any sounds, but before she gets to enter the guest room Mrs.Jung call her.

"Nicole, come here sweetheart" Mrs, Jung says and pat the couch beside her. Nicole walks to her and sits on the couch between Mrs. Jung and her son.

"Nicole, I have something important to tell you," Mrs. Jung said with her serious voice. 'Why mom wants me to be here if she wants to tell the important thing to her?'

"What is it Ahjumma?" Nicole asks her back feeling curious.

"First of all, I want to introduce my family. This is my handsome husband. You can call him Ahjussi" she said to Nicole with her lovely smile.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ahjussi, Jung Yong Joo imnida," Nicole said politely to him and bow to him to show her respect. 'She was so cute'

"Aigoo, Nicole no need to be so formal to me. Just make me like your own Appa. Okay, princess??" he said to Nicole and she just nods her head. 'Princess?? I never hear Appa call me like that after I enter high school'

"And the handsome guy beside you is my son. His name is Jung Taekwoon" Mrs. Jung said to Nicole proudly introduce her handsome son. Then, Nicole looks at Leo and introduce her name.

"Ann...Annyeong, Jung Yong Joo imnida, but you... you can call me Ni...Nicole" Nicole stutter because he keeps looking at her eyes and it brings chill to the back of her neck.

'If we want to befriend at least she must know my nickname.' "Leo" that is the only word that comes out from his mouth. 'Leo?? Ahh, that must be his nickname'  After that, Nicole quickly look at Mr. and Mrs. Jung because Leo eyes just make Nicole sink deep into him.

"Nicole, do you remember the letter that your mother give me?" Mrs. Jung asks her. 'Letter?? Did mom mean that letter??'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Afternoon

Leo enters the guest room and takes a blanket for her. After he covers Nicole with the blanket and was about to go back to his room he saw an envelope on a table beside the single couch so he takes the envelope and read the letter inside it.

 

Unnie,

When you read this letter it mean I'm not in this world anymore. I'm sorry for choosing this irresponsible action but I can't bear with it anymore when my husband that I really love divorce me and go with other woman. I'm sure you have meet my daughter Jung Yong Joo, but you can call her Nicole. I hope you can take care of her like your own daughter and I don't know whether you and your husband can afford my last will but I wish that our child can get married. I know that both of you really want a daughter but it end up that you guys get a son. So, I hope you guys will protect Nicole like your own daughter.

                                                                                                                                                 Love, your best friend.
                                                                                                                                                               Shirley             
 

 

'Her mom wants me to get married to her?? But I'm not ready, I'm still young and not enjoy my life fully.' Then he heard a voice and look at her. She was sleep but she was mumbling about something.

"Umma, don't leave me. I don't have anyone if you go away" and then he saw  tears escape her beautiful eyes and he wipe her tears away before going upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Nae, I still remember. Umma entrust me to pass the letter to you personally" she said and smile to Mrs. Jung. 'For sure, I remember kept keep that letter from the day mom died.'

"Nicole, actually her last will was not for you to hand her last letter to me but for you to stay with my family," Mrs. Jung said to her. 'Wait, that's mean I will live here in Korea??'

"What did you mean Ahjumma?? I can't go back to LA ??" she asks Mrs. Jung.

"Shirley! She asks me to take care of you, Nicole. And.." Mrs. Jung said to Nicole and take a deep breath. 'And??' then she looks at her husband.

"Princess, you not only stay with us but..." Mr. Jung continues the talk but then he pauses and looks at his son. "But??" Nicole said feeling curious.

"Princess, you will get married to Taekwoon," He said. 'Me? Married? Taekwoon? Have I heard the right thing??'

"WHAT???" Nicole was shocked. 'I'm still young, I can't get married yet and the most important thing is I don't even know him' She was so shocked about this but Leo just keep quiet and he doesn't seem shocked about this shocking news. 'I know she gonna react exactly like this'

"Ahjumma, Ahjussi. No, we can't get married." Nicole said protest.

"Why sweetheart?? Why you can't get married ??" Mrs. Jung asks her. 'Brain, please work'

"Ahjumma, we still young to get married," she said to Mrs. Jung. 'Yes, good job brain'

"Nicole, Ahjussi, and Ahjumma married at the young age too, so I don't think that it will be a problem," Mr.Jung said to her. 'Ahjussi and Ahjumma get married early like Umma and Appa. That's why their son looks like he around my age.'

"Umm..we don't know each other. So we can't get married" Nicole said to them.

"It's not an issue, sweetheart. After married, you guys can know each other too." Mrs. Jung said to Nicole.

"But... but... but..." Nicole doesn't know what to say anymore.

"Princess, are you don't want to get married to our son because he not handsome??" Mr.Jung asks Nicole. 'Is that the reason?? I doubt it.' 

"No, Taekwoon was handsome." Nicole blushes 'Know it.' "But he won't like to get married to a girl that was ugly and fat like me," Nicole said to them. 'What?? I'm not like other guys who just look at the pretty girl. I prefer heart overlooks and why you have really low self-esteem Nicole??'

"I'm okay with it," said Leo.  'What have I heard? It, not just my imagination right??' 

"See, Taekwoon also agree to marry you," Mr.Jung said to her. 'Yaahh...stupid Taekwoon. You should not say that. You just lost your freedom. Please, say no Nicole. Please!'

"Plus, we don't even care about your appearance, Nicole. We will only look at your heart" Mrs.Jung said to her. 'Umm...what should I do right now?'

"Fine, I will be Taekwoon future wife but Ahjumma, Ahjussi. Can you give me time? It not that I don't want to marry him at all, but I need sometimes to think about my future." Nicole said to them. 'What we will get married?? No way!!!! but at least it not gonna happen soon.'

"So, you agree with this arranged married?" Mrs. Jung asks Nicole and she just nods her head.

"Yeah, Yeobo. We will have Nicole as our daughter in law" Mrs.Jung was so happy about this.

"Princess, from now on you should call us Umma and Appa like Taekwoon did." Mr.Jung said to her.

"Nae, Appa! Nae, Umma!" Nicole said to them.

"Aigoo, it was nice to hear it from you, sweetheart" Mrs.Jung said to Nicole. 'I'm also happy because now I have a new mom and dad'

"Yeobo, we should get ready for their wedding preparation. It's gonna be in 6 months from now. Let's go to your office room and make a list of what we should prepare" Mrs.Jung said to her husband and they quickly get up and going upstairs.

After Jung's couple left the living room, the atmosphere was so awkward between both Nicole and Leo who sit beside each other on the couch. Then, he gets up from the couch. "Umm...where do you want to go?" Nicole asks him.

"My room. Why? You want to follow me?" he said to her with his poker face. 'Hurm..let's '

"A...Ani. I want to enter my room, off the TV." Nicole said to him and get up before going to her room. 'Her reaction was so cute, I should often.' When she wants to close the door. He stood in front of her room. 'Why he follow me?'

"Umm..what you want?" Nicole asks him without looking at his face. 'She must be so shy right now.'

"Enter the room," he said with the monotone voice.

"WHAT??" she was shocked. Then, he quickly closes Nicole mouth with his hand.

"If you don't want Umma and Appa to come here you should keep quiet," he said to her.

"After this please, talk clearly so that I won't get a wrong meaning," he said and going upstairs.'Nicole, Nicole. Do you know that you are the first girl that success to make me so interest in you??'' Nicole quickly enters the room and lock the door. Then, she leans back to the door with her face blush like a tomato. ''Wrong meaning?? What did he think we should do in my room. Yahh...Nicole. Stop thinking something ert.'