Why am I reacting like this?

Mr Cool & Miss Chubby

Leo left the nurse room, but before he left the room he helps Nicole to lay comfortably and tuck her with the blanket. Nicole looks at the close door and decides to close her eyes.

She has a really hard day this morning with the bullying. It reminds her of the bad day she has when she lives in LA. Maybe she can't be happy and live a normal life in this world. Her tears keep flowing when she thinks about how everyone hates her until she was tired and falls asleep.

She feels like someone caressing her fringe and tucks it behind her ear. Then she heard someone calling her name softly.

"Yong Joo-ah, are you awake?" Nicole thinks she knows the owner of that angelic voice. She opens her eyes slowly and smiles sweetly when she saw Leo beside her bed.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the class?" Nicole asks him and trying to sit on the bed.

"It's lunchtime." Leo answer while helping her.

"Oh... I sleep for that long?" Nicole asks herself while tilting her head.

"Yes, sleepy head." Leo teases her and sits on the chair beside the bed.

"Then you should go to the cafeteria. Why you bother to come here and disturb me?" Nicole irritates because Leo teases her.

"Aigoo... someone sulking." Leo smile while rubbing her hair and make it cover her face. He laughs lightly looking at Nicole condition in which her face was cover with her messy hair but his laugh subsided because Nicole just stays still and not move an inch. 'Am I going overboard?' Leo feels guilty.

"Yong Joo-ah, I'm sorry." Leo apologizes but Nicole still keeps quite and don't even look at him. Then, Leo tries to tidy up Nicole's hair but Nicole pushes his hand away. Leo was shocked. 'I think I made her mad. Aish... Leo pabo'

"Yong Joo-ah, sorry. Here, food and drink for you since it's lunchtime." Leo put a pack of bread and a cotton of strawberry milk on her bed.

"I will pick you up after the school end," Leo said slowly but still audible for Nicole to hear and he walks out from the nurse room with a drooped shoulder.

 Outside the nurse room in the hallway, Leo pulls out his phone from his pocket and make a call. He waits for a few minutes for the receiver to answer the phone. "Yoboseyo? Omma, can you pick up Yong Joo and me after school? She was injured and I think taking public transport will just make it worse for her." His mom apologize to him because she and Mr.Jung have a meeting till night so they can't fetch them at school. Leo thinks for a while and asks back her mom.

"Then, can you ask one of your workers to send my car to the school?" he waits for her mom answer. "Great, thank you, Omma." he thanks her mom and cut the line.

 

Nicole hears the door was open and then it was close back. When she was sure that Leo already left the room. She lifts her head up, her eyes were about to come out of its socket. She takes a deep breath and ties her hair in a ponytail. Now her red cheek was invisible to the world. Not only that her heart is still beating likes crazy and the butterfly is still flying in her stomach. It seems like Leo being extra nice and natural around her give this effect to her body. 'Why am I reacting like this?'

Nicole was day smiling ear-to-ear because Leo still remember her and choose to skip lunch just to give her something to eat and when he said that he will fetch her after the school end obviously didn't help to make her stop thinking about him. Now it feels like she in the hell because she needs to wait for long hours before she can meet with him again. 'Now its better to enter the class and be near Leo rather than wait for him on this bed.'

Then, someone opens the door. She was so happy because she can still be with Leo for a few minutes before the recess end but her smile deflects because the one that enters the room is Hakyeon. "Nicole!" Hakyeon was so excited when he saw Nicole but he manages to catch how Nicole react when she saw him. "Yah... what with that face. Why you smiling brightly and when you saw me the frown appeared?"  Hakyeon was disappointed that Nicole acts that way to him. 

"Sorry, Hakyeon." realize that she was at fault she apologized to him. Hakyeon sits on the chair and his eyes catch the food and drinks on Nicole bed. Now, he knows why Nicole acts that way to him. "Someone has come here before me. I'm late." he pouts. Nicole quickly takes the food and drinks that Leo left to her side. "Don't worry, I won't steal it from you. Instead, I will give this to you." he hands her a plastic bag full of food and drinks for Nicole. 

"Wah... thank you, Hakyeon. You're the best." Nicole takes the plastic bag from Hakyeon and gives him a thumbs up. "Don't worry I know that I'm always the best. Now, don't look at other guys just look at your Oppa." Hakyeon winks at Nicole. 

"Oppa??" Nicole tilted her head. "Hahaha... okay you don't want to call me that." he laughs awkwardly. "Umm... I go back to class first. Bye, Nicole. get well soon." he touches his neck and quickly leaves the room. 'What is that?' Nicole blinks her eyes confuse and just enjoy her lunch.