Unwind

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahri. Ahri. Ahri."

You slowly woke up and found a blurry but somehow familiar face hovering over yours. 

"Minhee?" you mumbled, nearly head-butting your friend as you sat up. You didn't know how you got into your bedroom, but that's where you were when you sat up and looked around. 

"Wha- how-"

"You fell asleep in the car and Hanbin carried you in," Minhee supplied. "Bobby's still here. I guess he's sleeping over, too."

"Uh, okay..." you said, wiping the sleep out of your eyes. It had totally escaped your mind that Minhee was supposed to sleep over tonight. You knew your mom would fuss about you not asking her earlier, which you were definitely not looking forward to. Not to mention, Bobby was staying over too, which broke a few more rules in her book. 

You hopped off your bed and tied your hair up. "Wait a sec, will you?"

Minhee nodded as you exited your room and lazily walked down the hallway. You peered over the bannister downstairs and found your mother washing the dishes, talking to Hanbin who was sitting up on the counter beside her. Bobby was sitting at the kitchen table laughing with your dad about something, sports probably. 

"Mom," you said, voice quiet but somehow managing to reach her ears. "Minhee's sleeping over tonight, all right?" 

"But Bobby's sleeping over," your mom countered, giving you a pointed look. "You know the rule, Ahri."

You sighed quietly. There were so many rules in your house, it was nearly impossible to keep track of them all. There was the no bringing random stray dogs home rule (that one mostly applied to Hanbin), no leaving after 9:00 pm rule, no going out without doing your chores rule, and, of course, only one friend (between you and Hanbin) is allowed to sleep over a night rule. 

You didn't quite understand the logic behind that one, but your parents were pretty serious about it for some reason (especially to Minhee, who they ruled a delinquent and a bad influence). How ironic seeing as Bobby was the one who got along well with them. 

"Bobby doesn't count," you replied bitterly. "He's always here. . . and unfortunately never leaves."

"What a way to talk about someone who just took care of you," Bobby said dryly, peering up at you from the kitchen table. "My shoulder is still sore from you leaning on it the whole ride home."

Your mouth fell open as he snuck a satisfied grin in without your parents noticing. You didn't know which part of this was worse: that whole scenario you were completely unaware of, or the fact that Bobby made it seem like you owed him for it. 

"Such a drama queen," your mother said, shaking her head. "Well, I guess it can't be helped, can it? Just try to let me know beforehand, next time." 

You shook your head, turning around toward your bedroom. "This entire conversation is exhausting me. Goodnight." 

As you headed toward your room, you saw a few of Hanbin's other friends hanging out in his room, one in the process of climbing in through the window. You didn't know why you even went through so much trouble asking for your friend to sleep over when Hanbin snuck practically hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter