Empty

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bobby scribbled down an answer, taking a few minutes to look it over before hesitantly holding it up to Hojoon. "Uh... 8.24?"

"Yup," Hojoon said, nodding. But before Bobby's smile could get too wide, Hojoon snatched the paper back and shook his head. "But you forgot the unit. It's 8.24 miles. Teachers count that kind of stuff wrong if you miss it."

"Ugh, I hate math," Bobby said, letting his head fall onto the desk. "Why does it even matter?" 

Right when he lifted his head back up from the table, a large crash came from inside of the bathroom and he jolted up from his seat. It had been almost five minutes since Dohee followed you in there, and he was sort of scared to see what had come of that time. He knew you probably had it in you to defend yourself (you were Hanbin's sister so of course you could), but Dohee seemed like she was a little off of her tracks. 

"Here, do the next problem," Hojoon said, returning his paper. "This time don't forget the units. Also show your work. Some teachers will give you partial credit if they see you know how to do the problem, even if you get the answer wrong."

Bobby grabbed the paper back, but his eyes were still on the bathroom door. He was worried. He was surprised the librarians didn't do anything yet, but since finals were coming along, it seemed like they were too busy to deal with that. 

"Look, Ahri would rather get her hair torn out by some psycho than not see you graduate," Hojoon said, snapping his fingers in front of Bobby's face. "I'm sure she'll be fine. Just do your work."

Bobby hesitantly picked back up his pencil and looked back down at his paper. He was about to start the next problem, when he sighed and stood up from his seat. "Nope, I need to check if she's okay."

He was two steps toward the bathroom when the door swung open and Dohee came crawling out, looking like half of her lifespan had been shaved off. Her hair was a complete mess, the side of her lip was bleeding, and... was that a fake eyelash dangling from her cheek? She was terrifying to look at.

She looked up at Bobby and crawled up to her feet, limping toward him with a twisted grimace on her face. "Tell your psycho girlfriend of yours to stay away from me or I'll have my revenge!"

Bobby raised an eyebrow. As far as he knew, she was the one who started it. A few seconds after Dohee limped her way out of the library back door, you came out looking just as you did when you went in.

You sighed, flexing your fist. There were some cuts along your knuckles, but they didn't hurt too bad. "Gosh, I only wanted to talk and she came in attacking me like I offended her entire family."

Bobby walked up to you, feeling like he should ask if you were okay, even though you seemed to have everything covered. "Are you-"

"What are you doing out of your seat?" you said, giving him an exasperated look. "I just had to beat up some girl because you weren't learning anything, and here you are wasting precious study time!"

Bobby's jaw unhinged. "I wanted to see how you are! You're my girlfriend!"

"I'm fine," you replied, pushing him back where he came from. "Come on, back to work."

Bobby was confused, slightly offended, but for the most part he was amazed. His girlfriend was a badass and he was even more in love with you than before.

 

 

---

 

 

Bobby glanced up at the sky with unamused eyes. Apparently you're not supposed to drive with a broken arm, which wasn't exactly a rule he was all that worried on enforcing until he swerved into the opposite lane and almost got into a car accident. Now he had to walk everywhere like all of his other lame friends without cars. Usually he would skate from place to place if he wasn't driving, but he left his board back at home today and so he had to do it the old fashion way.

He reached into his pocket once he felt his phone vibrate. He hoped it was you calling him, but when he glanced down he realized it was actually Junhoe. What a disappointment.

"Yeah, what's up?" he said, pressing his phone to his face.

"There's a party down the block," Junhoe replied. "Come swing by. It's at Seungyoon's house. You know where that is, right?"

"Yeah, I know the one," Bobby replied, sighing as he glanced toward it. "I'll see you there in a few. I just have to stop at home first."

"Okay, sounds good," Junhoe replied. "You better hurry up. I think some guys are eyeing Ahri. Some of them are her friends so she's not really doing that cold glare thing to them like she usually does."

Bobby sighed, nodding even though Junhoe couldn't see it. He had put you through enough of the whole jealous girlfriend thing; it was about time the roles were to be reversed. "Okay, okay. I'll see you later."

He ended the call and shoved his phone back into his pocket. He was almost at his house by now, and he wasn't surprised to see that none of the lights were on. Even when his mom had days off, she was hardly everhome. He could probably not return home for the rest of his life, and she would only notice when she needed to borrow money and he wasn't there.

Normally he'd be stressed out about it, but he knew he would be seeing you soon, so he had that to look forward to.

"Well, look who it is!"

Bobby looked away from his house to see several guys making their way toward him on the sidewalk. He recognized them; they all went to Shin's school and he didn't care for any of them. He probably beat on each of them a few times in the past.

He looked at them unamusedly. "What do you guys want?"

"Oh, look who's being all big and bad!" one of them said, voice so unbelievably irritating Bobby tried to move past him before he could hear any more of it.

One of the bigger ones reached out and tugged on his arm, yanking him back. "Oh come on, Bobby. We haven't fought in a while. One more time for the mem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter