Bruises and Hickeys

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bobby was drunk and angry, a dizzying and lethal combination with effects he usually didn't care about everytime he decided to drink (which was almost always). But like everybody knew all too well, Bobby tended to make a few changes to himself when it came to a certain girl named Kim Ahri. A certain girl he was crazy about. Hell, everyone was crazy about. 

Sometimes he couldn't help but be completely thrown off his feet at the fact that you managed to change so much about him. Honestly. If this wasn't love, he wasn't sure what was. It was definitely stronger than anything he'd ever felt that's for sure. And to make matters worse, he didn't even know if you genuinely liked him or if it was just the alcohol making you tolerate him.

"Wait," he said, breathlessly pulling away from you. His lips felt sore, bruised even, and he was almost positive he had a hickey or two stamped on his throat. He had never been a fan of hickeys (it made him juggling several usually possessive girls harder than it was already), but if you really meant it, then he couldn't be happier. He would have no problem with it as long as you still felt the same without all of the alcohol in your system.

"What? You can't just say wait and then say nothing," you said, looking much calmer than he could say he was. He hadn't used his inhaler in years, but now he was sort of regretting leaving it behind when he packed for this trip. With your beautiful raven hair fanned out around your face lke that, fingers lightly dragging up his under his T-shirt, he finally understood why you were as cold as you were on any other day of the week: you were so beautiful he was a dead man just looking at you. He wondered how humanity could even go on if they saw you like this.

"Um," he said, blinking, testing that his voice was still up and going. "I-I - you know, maybe we shouldn't. You should be with your friends. We should be with our friends. Your parents are here. And they probably wouldn't appreciate me making out with their daughter. Like... at all."

"You think so?" you said, voice serious yet deceiving to your small smirk, your fingers continuing to lift his shirt higher and higher till you were lifting it over his head. "You really think we should stop?"

He almost hoped someone would come storming in just so it would be easier for him to resist you. He finally squeezed his eyes shut and lifted himself till he was completely  completely off of you. "Yup. You're drunk, I can't. It was a bad idea just kissing you with as much as you've had to drink."

You sat up, leaning back on your palms in such a way Bobby wondered if you were even real. It was weird how you could just do that: pretend like nothing fazed you when it clearly should've. You suddenly got to your feet, stance surprisingly firm given your track record with alcohol. "Okay, fair enough. Sleep tight."

Bobby's jaw unhinged as you drew open the tent door. "So what? You're just going to leave like that?"

"What?" you said, expression innocent. "You said we should hang out with our friends."

"I know what I said!" Bobby said, more frustrated than anything. "But I'm still mad at you from earlier! Why don't we talk about that?"

He seemed mad that it never occured to you, even though he just remembered the fact. Like two seconds ago. If he wasn't so drunk he'd probably be way more worked up about it. Understandably worked up about it.

"I'm the one who should be mad," you said, voice quiet yet tight as a drum. "I just don't feel like arguing right now." 

You turned back around and gave him a look, a look too blank and serious to mean good news. A look as blank as that meant you were hiding something. Anger, probably. It definitely wasn't love or affection.

"You should be mad?" Bobby said, voice coming out an octave too high. "You're the one who just told Shin you loved him! Do I mean nothing to you?!"

The only clue that any of what he said sunk into you was your face turning red. You were angry. 

"Hey!" you yelled. He had to admit, he was surprised seeing you raise your voice, it even jolted him hearing it. "You were the one texting what's-her-face like an hour ago about how you want to get back together with her and how much you love her! Apparently, I'm the one who means nothing!"

Bobby felt all muscles clench, but he couldn't speak. He couldn't say anything because you weren't wrong. He didn't exactly know how you knew any of this, but it didn't matter because he was wrong. You were both wrong.

"So why did you come here?" Bobby said, looking at the ground to gather his thoughts. "If you're so mad at me, if you really like Shin - sorry, I mean love - if you really love Shin then why are you here?"

"People do stupid things when they're mad," you said, squinting at him, which was actually a whole lot scarier than your usual blank staring. "I don't love Shin. In fact, I don't even like him. He was just someone to pass the time with while I got over you. If I didn't stumble across your stupid phone, I wouldn't have said it! So congratulations for that!"

All at once, all anger, all frustration seemed to leave his body. All feelings were replaced with shock, not good shock, not bad shock, just... shock. So that's what the truth does to you. But as happy as he should've been... as he wanted to be (for God's sakes, it'd been his lifelong dream to get confessed like that by you) he was instead smacked in the face by another startling realization... he didn't exactly have an equally reasonable, equally romantic excuse to get him out of his screw up.

But apparently honesty was the best policy, so he prayed to God it wouldn't let him down now, when he needed it the most. 

"Okay, well..." he started, looking at you with a wide smile. That million dollar grin could get him out of any problem with a pretty girl. You weren't just any pretty girl, no, but it was worth a shot. He didn't have anything else in mind. "At first, it was her -- Yeri -- who texted me. The only reason why I texted her back is because I'm failing History and she always gives me the answers. It was just supposed to be that, I promise!"

Getting through this was like walking on glass. He took another deep breath and finally looked you in the eye with a serious expression. "And then I overheard you telling Shin you loved him on the way back from the showers, so one thing led to another and I..."

"To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter