Love is Hate

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At this point, you were about 99% sure you were going to hell. Because not only were you kissing Bobby (a boy who went against all of your morals), but you were also kissing Bobby while you had a boyfriend. If that wasn't deserving enough of a solid seat in hell, you didn't know what was.

The worst part of it was, as this exact thought crossed your mind, you were tugging Bobby towards you, no coherent regrets lingering in your mind as his lips moved back on yours.

Oh, what the hell. It was too late to back out anyway.

Your palms wrapped around the biceps of Bobby's sweatshirt, every inch of your body needy for contact. At that moment, it wasn't pride, morality, or reasoning that was on your mind, but the sole fact that you needed him.

His palms settled on your cheeks, his lips both rushing and taking its time on yours. So this is what it was like to finally kiss him. You had no regrets, even if this was only a fleeting moment.

"Uh. . . Guys?"

You gasped against Bobby's lips, pushing him away from you the moment you heard the new voice. Bobby still had his eyes closed, sighing disappointedly, as you looked to the sound of the new voice.

"Junhoe?" you said, a little breathless and probably a little red in the face. "I thought you were lost."

Maybe that wasn't exactly the right thing to say.

"Wow, okay," Junhoe said, frowning. "I was actually using the bathroom not lost."

"In the forest?" Bobby said, raising an eyebrow. "You do realize that there's a bathroom close to our campsite, right?"

"Too late for that isn't it?" Junhoe said, smiling bitterly. "Well, I'm going to leave now with as much of my dignity I have left."

"We should head back, too," you said, eyes brushing over Bobby's briefly. "I mean, we were sent here to find you in the first place."

Junhoe shrugged. "Okay. Then on the way we can talk about how much you're giving me to keep my mouth shut about what I just saw. Preferably enough to buy an Xbox."

You looked towards Bobby, who didn't look nearly as concerned as he should've.

 

 


As soon as you reached campsite, you felt your palms move to your cheek, as if everyone could see from your expression alone what just happened.

"Oh, Junhoe, honey, there you are!" your mom said, oddly enough not noticing his deep frown and heavy slouch as he dropped down in the seat beside Jinhwan.

Either Jinhwan didn't care or he didn't notice, because he didn't say anything. Thank God.

"Ahri! Bobby!" your mom said, fists balled on her hips. "Did you forget why I sent you out there in the first place?!"

You could only blink. "We couldn't find anything."

"You couldn't find any wood in a forest?" your mom said, giving you both a look. "And you think I'm supposed to believe that?"

"It's true," Bobby replied. "We tried our best, but I guess we were more concerned about finding Junhoe. We were really worried."

Your mom's expression automatically relaxed. Of course.

"Well, the main thing is that we found Junhoe," your mom said, sighing. "My husband wants the both of you out on the boat anyway."

Oh, great. More quality time with Bobby.

"Okay," you said, starting off toward the water. You still had a ways to go, but it was okay because apparently Bobby had an agenda. Unfortunately, that agenda meant talking.

"So how long?" he said, smirking. You just wanted to slap his cap down and ignore him forever.

No you didn't.

"How long what?" you replied, glancing at him.

"You started liking me," Bobby replied.

"Since the first time I met you," you said flatly, expression completely blank. "I knew I just had to have you."

Bobby snorted. "I said to tell your story not mine."

"I don't know," you said. "Why do you even need to know that? All that matters is that..."

"You like me now," Bobby finished, smiling too wide for you to be nervous anymore. He needed to control his face sometimes. "Trust me, I couldn't be happier. I'm planning our wedding for March. Heard the cherry blossoms look amazing in March."

You rolled your eyes. "You're insane."

"But that's why you like me," Bobby said, smiling sweetly. He leaned in to kiss you when-

"Hey, kids!" your dad said, turning around. "Hurry and get on the boat. The sun won't wait for us."

"Why don't you just ask Ahri?" Bobby said, smirking. "She's the one who puts the light in my sky."

You smacked his arm. "This is hardly the time."

Your father didn't seem to hear any of that, and instead gestured for you to get on the boat. "I really wanted Hanbin to come, but your mother's afraid he'll drown."

You shrugged. "Better safe than sorry."

Once you got onto the water, your dad sighed. "It's a shame your boyfriend couldn't come. Your mother really wants to meet him."

You'd totally forgotten about Shin up until now.

Shin.

You looked over at Bobby, who looked over at you as if expecting an answer in your expression. You couldn't even answer the questions in your own mind.

"Yeah," you sighed, casting your line. "I dunno. You shouldn't take it seriously. It's nothing."

Your dad gave you a look. "You were always a bit of a heartbreaker, weren't you? Well, as long as you don't break your own heart, I have no complaints."

You looked at Bobby. Now you were the one looking for answers.

The worst part of it was you weren't too sure if you already knew the answer.

 


"So you finally got her, huh," Jinhwan said, leaning back in his seat. "Congrats."

It was night time. All of the guys were huddled around the campfire, while the girls were off cooking dinner or washing up. Of course, Bobby had to recap all of his friends on what happened between you.

"I'm more surprised than anything," Hanbin said. "I thought she was acting weird only because she had a boyfriend, but it makes sense."

Yunhyeong's smile was wider than Bobby's. "You have me to thank for that."

Bobby raised an eyebrow. "Because-"

"I was her wingman," Yunhyeong said. "You don't know how hard I worked."

Bobby didn't know what to do with that news. "Thanks?"

"She has a boyfriend, though," Hanbin said. "How's that going to work out?"

"Well she said that her and Shin were something you shouldn't take seriously," Bobby replied. "I think that's good for me."

"Ouch," Donghyuk replied. "I'd hate to be dumped by her."

Bobby felt his phone vibrate. He dug it out of his pocket and stared at the screen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter