Morning After

Forward and Backward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thought that ran through your mind the following morning wasn't anything to do with Bobby's arm dangling around your waist, or your head being cradled into his shoulder, or how your legs were somehow tangled with his when you stretched them out (it wasn't even that all of that felt really nice). The first thought that ran through your mind was the first of a million vulgar things that had to do with the continuous knocking on your door. 

You shifted uncomfortably in your sleep, cheek rubbing against the crook of Bobby's neck as you pulled the covers over your head. It took all of your strength to finally open your eyes, twice as much to not yell for dear life once you realized the position you were in.

And who you were in it with. 

To be fair, you should've seen that coming when you led him to your bed the previous night, too tired to even bother putting up some kind of pillow to divide your two bodies. 

Surprisingly, the first thing that came to mind wasn't how to get away from him, but how exactly you ended up like that. Did Bobby wake up in the middle of the night, bring you closer to him, and hold you until morning? Or was all of this just an accident? 

You didn't even know why any of that mattered to you. The point was: all of this was wrong. He had a girlfriend, and here you were, lying in bed with him.

With barely the energy to calm your nerves, you carefully brought Bobby's arms away from you, detangled his legs from your own, and got out of bed. He was still fast asleep when you dragged yourself over to the door, still regaining a steady heartbeat in your chest.

You weren't surprised to see Hanbin standing at the door. You were, however, surprised to see the huge hickey stamped on the side of his neck. You threw your head back. "Please don't tell me Minhee gave you that."

"Why is my door locked?" Hanbin replied, frowning deep. "I swear to God, if you let Bobby screw some girl in there, I'm going to kill someone! I see his car outside!"

You rolled your eyes, sighing. "Yunhyeong's the one in your room, busy moping about Haeri."

"And Bobby?" Hanbin asked.

"Bobby's sleeping in my room," you answered, mentally preparing yourself for what was about to come next.

Hanbin's expression blanked. That was the worst reaction you could've expected. All of a sudden, he kissed his teeth, pushing his sweatshirt sleeves up to his elbows. "I tell him I trust him and there he goes, sneaking into-"

You pushed his chest away as soon as he started forward. "Relax, Hanbin. He had nowhere to sleep, so I let him sleep in there."

Hanbin rolled his eyes, clearly not convinced. "He could've just slept on the couch! It's not right having a guy and girl sleep on the same bed."

"What happened to 'trusting' him?" you countered, folding your arms over your chest. "I obviously can't trust you with my best friend."

Hanbin defensively pulled his hood over his head, hiding his hickey. "Look, that's all behind us. What's important is that mom and dad are coming home in a few hours, and I need help cleaning up the place."

He was just so predictable sometimes. You pushed open the door, gesturing to the sleeping Bobby still lying on your crumpled sheets. "Well, there's your help."

 

 

 

 

 

As Hanbin woke Bobby up, you were in the bathroom washing your face. Thank God Bobby didn't wake up with you -- you looked like a complete mess. 

And by mess, you meant that your face was red, your heartbeat still ringing in your ears, and your lips twitching slightly as if unsure whether to smile or frown. 

No wonder Hanbin looked at you the way he did: there was so much to assume by your expression alone. It was terrifying, really. You were always so good at covering those kinds of things up. Feelings, that is.

You combed a hand through your locks and finally decided to open the door, even if you weren't nearly prepared enough to deal with reality. You stopped abruptly, as soon as you reached the threshold. Yunhyeong was waiting for you right in front of the door, coffee brown hair tossed in all sorts of directions. His deep frown didn't look like it was moving from his face anytime soon. To sum it up in one word, he looked horrible.

"I think I'm ready to finally talk about it," he sighed, leaning onto your shoulder for a crutch. 

You raised an eyebrow. This morning was getting more and more bizarre by the minute. 

 

 

 

 

 

Bobby woke up not knowing much other than the fact that a pillow slap to the face was not what he expected waking him up. 

Neither was Hanbin's face hanging over his head the moment he opened his eyes. He threatened to bring the pillow down again, but Bobby quickly put up his forearm in defense.

"I'm up, I'm up! Jesus, Hanbin!"  Bobby groaned, pushing himself up on one palm. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes then slowly looked around. He hadn't seen your room very many times (mostly because you always had your door shut) but there was no mistaking that he was in it. He was in your room (which really did not match up to any of his imaginations, either).

He pulled the blanket away from his body and scratched his brow as his mind stressed to piece everything together. Nope, nothing. Just like most nights, all he could remember was the beginning, a blur of a middle, and then the end. 

"Dude, what am I doing in your sister's room?" he asked, voice still rough from the previous night.

"Exactly what I was thinking," Hanbin said, huffing as he tossed the pillow aside and fell back onto the bed. He seemed to be less exasperated now, probably since he was just as hungover as Bobby was and all of his energy was exerted in that one pillow slap. "Lucky for you, Ahri bailed you out of this one. You should thank her later. I was going to punch you straight in the throat the minute you woke up."

Bobby let his eyes fall out of focus as he stared vacantly at Hanbin. Even as he was finally beginning to wake up and gain back his senses, he couldn't quite wrap his mind around it. You letting him sleep in your bed? In what world would anyone believe that story? (Not that he was complaining. He was so not complaining.)

His eyes finally furrowed into focus. "Do you have a hickey?"

Hanbin's expression finally picked up as he tugged down the neckline of his hoodie, just enough for him to see what needed to be seen. "Nope, that's two hickeys."

Bobby raised his eyebrows. As far as he knew, Hanbin was still in a funk after getting rejected last week. Good to see that he was finally back to his usual ways. It was weird being the only one with game. "So you finally got Mari, huh?"

"Her name's Minah, and nope," Hanbin replied, not looking too heartbroken over it. "It was Minhee, actually."

"Won't Ahri be mad about that?" Bobby laughed as he got to his feet, tugging the blanket out from under Hanbin's back. 

"We'll call it even," Hanbin sighed, leaning against one of the bedposts as Bobby made your bed. "She sleeps in the same bed as my best friend, and I sleep with hers."

Bobby choked. "She what?!"

He was not expecting to hear that.

 

 

 

 

Apparently, Yunhyeong decided on renting out Hanbin's room for the rest of his stay, which worked out perfectly seeing as you were still sort of avoiding Bobby. It hurt your pride just thinking about it. 

"I've come to the conclusion that Haeri and I aren't going to work out," he said, sighing heavily as he laid back on the mattress, ankles crossed up on the headboards. "It's just hard on both of us, you know?"

In truth, you really did not know. You barely even knew anything about crushes (look how long it took you to realize you liked Bobby), let alone anything coming close to love. You nodded anyway, for Yunhyeong's sake. 

"I need to get over her," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter