The Dance of Love

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOPHIE'S POV

 

     "Alright class, please listen, everyone. I will be discussing the requirements for your final project. I want you to unleash all the creativity inside you. Let me feel life in every and line. Give your soul to your canvas."

    What is she talking about? Haven't we shown all our creativity in this Advance Art Class? What does this woman mean by giving life in every and line and giving soul to the canvas? My art teacher is really an eccentric woman, she's human with a big long curly hair that she dyed honey blonde. She has been my art teacher since I was four years old, she used to visit me in my former home when I am still being home schooled. My parents and brothers trust her not only because she's a great artist and teacher, but she also treats me like her own daughter.

     "The subject for your final project will be about love. Love have many forms, but I want you to focus on the love that couples share. The sensual and passionate side of love. The love a man and woman who are in love share and give to each other." My nine other human classmates all nodded in unison. All my classmates in this Saturday class are 18 years old and above, I am the only sixteen-year-old kid here. I need to ask her to change the topic for my final project because I really don't have an idea on what she is talking about. How will I paint something I have never experienced in the first place. 

    Once all my classmates pack their stuff and left the classroom, I slowly approached my teacher's table. "Ms.Kim seonsaengnim, uhmm uhmm." I start to stutter and play with the hem of my shirt because even if we are close this will be the first time that I will request for her to change the subject for my project. "Yes, Sophie dear, do you need anything?" "Seonsaengnim, I am just wondering if you can change the subject for my final project, like love for one's family or love for an animal. I don't think I understand what passionate and sensual love is. I've never fallen in love yet nor have my first real kiss." "Sophia Marie Wu, you are a great artist, there is so much potential in you. Consider this project as a challenge to your creativity and a chance for you to experience something new." I tried to pout and whine a little since we are alone and she treats me like a daughter. Let me use that to my advantage for once. "But, Ms. Kim." She move closer to me and place her right hand on my shoulder. "Sweetie, our human life is short. Allow yourself to feel. Just let go and live. Don't be afraid to fall and get hurt. Let your heart guide you. It's about time for you to fall in love." And she kiss my cheek and leave me alone surrounded by easels and blank canvases.

 

    When I reach the exit of the Seoul Museum of Art where my class is being held every Saturday, I am still in a dazed. I can't tell my brothers especially my Fan-fan Appa of what she just told me. She will probably lost her job by encouraging me to fall in love. My brothers are all overly protective, they will growl at any man who will spare a glance at me. "Sophie, baby are you alright?  Let's have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter