Special Memories

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIUMIN'S POV 

 

     Memories can bring a smile to your lips or cause your eyes to tear. They say that everyone holds tightly to memories because they are the only one's that don't change when everyone else does. Every night, ever since I can remember, after a long day of work, I will sit on my bed and pull that special drawer where I keep all my memories of you. The things I keep here might seem useless to others, but for me they are my most treasured possession and I will not give it up for all the money in the world. For these things will always remind me of how much I am willing to be everything and anything for you.

    If you will see these items will you also remember those moments like I do, every time my fingers graze through them? But it's okay if you don't, giving me these wonderful memories is more than enough for me.

    Do you know that you've taught me a lot of things about life and love even before you've started speaking and called me Baozi Hyung? 

    Whenever I will get hurt I will always look at the Pororo band-aid that you gave to me when you were just four years old. I was fourteen back then, having a difficult time with my wolf training, but I can't show how hurt I am and how much I wanted to cry because we were taught never to show any weakness. You found me that day, sitting under a tree as I let my tired body bear all the wounds and bruises from my training. Just by running to me, you made me forget about my pain. Then you placed the Pororo band-aid on the cut in my upper lip. You even pulled my lips outwards to form a smile and touch my cheeks with your chubby fingers. It was the first time I cried and smile at the same time.

 

    I am always grateful that you came into our life. The feeling of being complete that you made me feel is beyond what my own family and brothers have given to me. You are just like a missing piece in my life. And for me to show you without saying anything, I've made two puzzle pieces from the clay used in pottery. The one that I kept for myself was brown and have a rough texture while the part that I gave to you secretly was white and smooth. I gave the other half to you when you were five. I placed it under your pillow while you were sleeping and told everyone not to tell you that it was from me. I don't know why I didn't tell you back then, maybe because even if they told me that you will never be a wolf's mate, I've always believe that you are my soulmate. And we fit like the two puzzle pieces.

    I'm wondering how you will react if ever you will discover this drawer? In the eyes of everyone, I am such a neat freak, but I've kept several candy wrappers, lollipop sticks and dried flowers in this drawer. They were once part of the small trinkets that you gave to me which lifted up my spirit every time I feel down. I even kept strands of my wolf's brown fur that you accidentally pulled every time you will ride my back, During those times, my heart will beat faster than usual because I am so elated by the fact that the love of my l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter