Your Promise

Neverland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOPHIE'S POV

Nine years ago...

     The huge trees of the forest are becoming smaller and smaller. The sound of my six other brothers howl to the full moon is fading with the wind. The city of Seoul with all the lights looked more amazing up here. I tightly clutched my Fan-fan Appa's waist with my legs while my hand hold on to his neck as his dragon's wings took us even higher from the ground. "Appa, don't go too high, we might fall." I can hear him chuckling as he rubbed my back with his left hand while the other one is still holding me closer to his body. "Baby doll, do you think Appa will let you fall, do you want to go down now princess?" "Ani, let's continue I trust you Appa."

     Even if he is not my real father and we are not even related by blood, I trust my Fan-fan appa with all my heart. I have never once felt fear every time he will transform into a big black wolf with fur as dark as midnight and having the ability to grow a dragon wings on his back. To my six-year-old self, he looks amazing and I am happy that my Appa looks like someone from my fairytale books. "Look up baby doll, I want you to see the stars closely. They are more beautiful up here, the darkness of the sky make them shine even brighter. Originally I want to give you the stars but since they are hot and will burn your small hands, we will just look at them closer, alright." I just laughed at his silliness. I understand that when he will always tell me that he will give me the stars and even the moon, it means that he will give me everything. "Look over there baby, there is a shooting star, make a wish princess ppali,ppali." "I wish that my Appa will remain strong and stay with me forever." He just smiled at me as I watched the shooting star fade into darkness. "Baby you just wasted your wish. Appa will always be strong and I promise that I will stay with you forever." And he sealed that promise with a kiss on my lips.

 

Present day...

 

     Even though I can hear the constant whirring and beeping of the machines attached to my Appa's body, I still wish that once I open my eyes, everything that I have seen awhile ago was all a dream. But the sight of the bloodied bandages before my eyes and the sound of his labored breathing just confirmed that everything is real. I found myself lying near the edge of my Appa's king size bed while Tao was on the other side. I have fallen asleep while crying because I cannot bear to see him suffer. Sehun is still holding my hand while he slept sitting on a chair beside the bed, I am grateful that he never once let go of my hand when I needed him the most. I slowly sat up on the bed and kiss my Appa's forehead, I can't help myself not to cry again when I saw that his condition did not even improve since I first saw him. Even my Appa and Omma from Yixing ge's family was not able to heal him. I have always believed that he is strong and no one can hurt him, some people even called him a god because of his immense power and strength. But I guess haraboji, who is also a dragon is right when he said that life will break everyone, no one is exempted.

 

    I didn't notice that Baekhyun is already beside me until he gently wipe the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter