Epilogue

It's not easy to love you to death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

A year later…

It was an almost usual day of June. Since the last year, all the day are unusual, but it always takes time for people to get used to the new situation after they cross the barrier between the ‘before and after’. This barrier exists, no matter how hard we try to ignore it. It’s like today you suddenly wake up in a room totally different from the room you wake up yesterday. You have to follow another way to reach the kitchen, and much more. See, it’s different.

However, the most important change is the one to confusion from relief.

Even the air seems like it has changed his mixture. Chaerin inhales it once more, letting her body relax while she’s sitting in the rocking chair at terrace of the house, watching the night landscape. It was a beautiful view to be seen. And luckily from her house, she could see it whenever she wants.

She came back from her parents’ house. They had the usual Saturday dinner together, which now is something normal for her too. First it was weird. Let’s start from the beginning. After the plane took off, Mino stopped a taxi for them until the address. She was surprised to see that he even took all her things with them, like they said, everything was ready. Apparently they were in a beautiful village near the coastal part. It wasn’t big, but seemed very peaceful. It was almost morning; the sun was already making its way up. Mino left her in front of the house, giving her the address of another one. She told him to take care, knowing that he also will help his group to fight and to inform her if something happens. The blonde woman needs to know.

Seeing herself on the front of the house, she didn’t know what to do. It was an important moment for her. Things got easier when the door opened and a man appeared in front of her. He wasn’t so tall, his hair has gray reflections and from his gaze she could tell that he didn’t sleep. His tired eyes were studying her, making her wonder if this is really the right address. But this doubt was gone when the man put her into his embrace. He was crying. The two women behind him too. And she can swear in that moment her eyes got teary. She was seeing her life dream. There was her father, her mother and her grandmother. They were waiting for her all night long. She can remember that day was the best. They were talking, she told them how her life was, and they did the same. They never forgot her, not even her younger sister, Harin, was born, five years later. Talking about her little sister, she jumped on Chaerin as soon as she saw her in the living room, hugging her tightly.

‘I can’t believe you’re finally here.’ She said, refusing to let her go.

‘It’s a miracle.’ Her mother says, still can’t hold her tears whenever she looks at her elder daughter.

Their happiness was growing when Chaerin told them about her pregnancy. She couldn’t help but think about Jiyong every single moment. Her family asked for him, since he was the one who contacted them. Her father told that at the beginning he didn’t believe him, but Jiyong managed to tell him all the details from the story, until the old man finally made sure that he’s telling the truth. She smiled, imagining Jiyong being himself. She would love him to be with them. Hopefully, he will..

But it’s just a hope… until now she doesn’t know anything about him, or about her friends, making her worrying.  What if he’s hurt? What if he doesn’t eat? What if he’s having a bad time there while she’s alive and safe here?

She’s alive and safe because of him.

Until the last two months, she lived with her parents. They all needed it. Her parents wanted to have her with them and she also wanted it. Even if they offered her own room, Harin insisted to share hers. This is how they got to know each other better. It was a beautiful feeling to wake up, go downstairs and find the breakfast placed nicely on the table, along with your family.

Two months ago she decided to move in the house Jiyong bought for them, which weren’t so far. She thought that he worked so hard for it and it would be a waste to not enjoy. Also, the thought that he bought it, made her feel the connection with him even more.

She was missing him so much. He was part of her, she couldn’t be fully happy without the love of her life beside her. There was an empty space on her heart.

‘He’ll come for us someday, I know it…’

Chaerin whispers stil sitting on the rocking chair, holding her baby in her arms. Their four months baby boy, Kwon Yong Suk. She remembers the moment when she told her that he’s going to be a father and she saw it in his eyes: despite the horrible situation behind, he was happy. He also deserved happiness.

‘The more you grow up, the more you look like your father.’ She tells him, caressing his soft black hair and watching his chubby face. He has got his father’s chin and nose.

‘It’s funny baby, how we got here. More than a year ago everything started for us. Our ways were intertwined. I remember the first time I saw him, the arrogant and rude boss of the organization and how he changed into the caring and sweet husband by the time passed.’ 

The baby opens his eyes, looking up to his mother.

‘I know that from the moment he found out about you, he only thought about holding you in his arms like this. Let’s hope that he’ll get the chance to meet you.’

A tear crosses her cheek, but smiles when her son touches her neck, playing with her.

‘It is time for you to have your dinner and sleep.’

So she stands up carefully from the chair, and walks upstairs to the bedroom. The house is not so big like the other one but is not small either. It has four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a spacious living room and kitchen, dining room, terrace, a big courtyard and another room which she guessed that it will become his office soon.

Her father told her that when he asked him to help with the house, he wanted something spacious enough. And this house was the perfect choice for the both of them. 

Chaerin enters her bedroom and turns the lights on, walking towards the bed still holding the baby. She slowly sits down on the bed, lifting her black blouse up, revealing her and giving the dinner to her son. This black blouse… belonged to Jiyong. When she wanted to go away from him before the kidnaping, she stole it from him, but when she was back home, she forgot to give it back, letting it join her own wardrobe. It was a beautiful surprise to find it among her things when she already was here.

After making sure that the baby had finished, she walks with him to the crib near her bed, kisses his head, and finally let him rest. Sometimes she sings for him when he can’t sleep or wakes up crying during the night.

She finally got into her bed too after a good shower. Another day was about to come… This is how the whole year passed.

‘Good night, babe…’ she whispers like she always does before sleeping, and caresses the left side beside her. The left side was his in their old bed and now it’s empty. She’s afraid that it might stay empty from now on. She doesn’t want to say it loud but something inside her is facing the fear that maybe that night of June was the last for them. Chaerin turns off the lights but she’s still staring of the ceiling, resting on her back. Maybe she should have never left him. What if someone… killed him? She strongly hates this word. But it may be the reality. What if she’s waiting for something which would never happen? What if she will never get to see him again?

And once more time, her heart is bleeding…

*****

Chaerin doesn’t know how but she falls asleep… until a strong noise wakes her up. She looks around at the dark room, then she hears it again. It comes from the living room. Is someone there? It’s 3AM. Not the time for visit. Who would visit her at this hour?

But if someone would visit, this person would first knock at the door. Judging from the noises, the person was already inside the house.

She gulps and gets out from the bed, putting out a gun from the bedside table. Yes, she has a gun… just in case. ‘Just shoot, no matter how you do it.’ This is what Jiyong would tell her. Without making any noises, she goes downstairs, and with small steps to the dark living room. Definitely someone is there, she hears the person’s breath. The silent allow her to. It may be a thief, a killer.. or not.

She raises her hand pointing with the gun, waiting for whatever is supposed to happen next when the person turns the lights on. She can see his eyes widening.

‘Wow babe, you’re really ready for everything.’ He jokingly says and she lowers her hand, frozen.

‘Oppa..’

It’s him.. It was really him. Standing in front of her, smiling at her and the most important, breathing. He was wearing his dark blue jeans, a gray T-shirt a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter