Trust

It's not easy to love you to death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trust

Days later..

‘This is how you greet your parents?’ the old man speaks again when Chaerin picks up the phone. Hearing that masculine, cold and strong voice is not what she was expecting for. In fact, she will wish that they will forget about her and leave her live in peace.

‘What do you want from me? I already did what you wanted me to do, I think it’s time for you to leave me alone!’ Chaerin tries to keep calm but it’s impossible.

‘You’re not behaving well! I was surprised when you agreed with this marriage, but now I finally found out about the real reason behind this..’

The girl is speechless. What is he talking about? She sighs deeply, fearing whatever he might tell her next. The man is smirking from the other line.

‘It doesn’t matter…’

‘It does!! Listen to me brat, stop this of yours! We are your family now, we adopted you, so you should have more respect for me and for your mother!’

‘I was so hurt when I found out about what you’re about to do, Chaerin..’ Chaerin hears her mother’s voice as well.

‘Mother, please.. Stop acting..’

‘I’ve always tried to be a good mother for you.. Why are you doing this to us?’

Yeah, a good mother. Chaerin tries to remember when did her adoptive mother was there for her when she needed it the most. And she was anywhere, but not at her side. Her social life was always the most important thing for Mrs. Lee.

‘Don’t you think that only because you’re away from us you can do whatever you want.’

‘Why are we having this conversation now?’

‘We know that you’re looking for your real parents! You’ll never meet them, they didn’t want you, why is so hard for you to understand that they never loved you!’

These words are hurting her feelings so much. This has been her dream since she was a teen. She needed to be loved by her family and since this adoptive one didn’t show any interest for her, her last hope was this..

Her heart is telling her that she has to try and find them. Even if they reject her, at least she will know. She wants to hear it from them even if it must be painful. But on the other side, her brain agrees with her father’s words. If they would love her, they never gave her in adoption in the first place.

‘Who told you that?’ she whispers, cleaning the tear which crosses her cheek.

‘This is less important than what I’m about to tell you right now.. Stop this or you’ll regret it.’

‘If I stop it, I will regret it more, trust me.’

‘We know who your husband is. His family told us everything about him, so if you don’t give up now, the police would be more than thankful for what are we going to offer them.’

Chaerin freezes in her place.. The story Jiyong told her about how his parents keep blackmailing him all the time. She’s afraid but this can’t go this far..

‘Don’t involve him; he has nothing to do with it!’

Her father chuckles before speaking again.

‘Of course he does. As your husband he has to watch over you.’

‘It’s not his fault!’

‘But he’ll pay for your mistakes. So think about it very well before making your next move.’

‘You can’t do that.. you can’t control my life!’ Chaerin shouts at him. She can’t control her tears anymore. It hurts so much.

‘Of course I can. Just be a good girl and behave! Hope we won’t have to hear any bad news in the future.’ And after saying this, her father hangs up.

Chaerin puts the phone away and throws herself on the bed, hugging her Rilakkuma as she always does when she feels alone. It’s not fair. Why can’t she be happy? Why has she done wrong to have to pay this price? One thing is clear though, Jiyong doesn't have to pay for her mistakes. She closes her sore eyes and falls asleep..

*****

‘So, what do you think about it?’ Seungri asks Jiyong again they enter his office. Since Jiyong seems to be in a good mood today, Seungri decided to finally ask him about giving him his own office and his own secretary.

‘I don’t know.. You, office and secretary are not a good mix.’ Jiyong knows his friend too well.

‘Why not? Come on bro, give me a chance. I will do my best to do a good job and I’ll feel even more motivated if a beautiful lady brings me a coffee every morning before starting to work.’

Jiyong chuckles seeing Seungri daydreaming again. This boy will never change. His ert skills are improving day by day..

‘Wait, you said you want a secretary which it means it can be whatever a woman or a man.’ The brown hair man says as he takes a sit on his black chair and starts to watch over the folders he has on his desk.

‘We both now that I want it to be a woman. You do have one!’

‘I do have one, but I’m not looking forward to bed her! It’s different.’

Seungri sits as well in front of him, and takes the frame from the desk. It’s a photo of them when they were younger.

‘Because you don’t need that. You have your blondie home, so why would you want another woman when you have the hottest one for yourself?’

Jiyong raises her head up and his strong gaze meets Seungri.. He was thinking about what happened all the day. Not about that, but he can’t stop thinking about her..

‘If you still want to have your office, you better stop thinking about her.’

‘Aw, someone is jealous? Don’t worry bro, I’m sure that she has her eyes only for you.’

He would love to agree but right now, this is unknown. They don’t have feelings for each other; they live together because they have to do it, but not because they believe in a future together. No one could say what it’s going to happen. Jiyong doesn't know how Chaerin is feeling about him. And he can’t clear what he is feeling right now. It doesn't feels like nothing, it feels more like something strong..

‘Have you finished? I have things to do.’

‘I have. I’ll be waiting for your answer.’ Seungri puts the frame on its place and leaves the office. Jiyong closes the folders and unlocks his phone, staring at the pictures he took to Chaerin while she was sleeping. When he realized that he was caressing the screen, he stops and shaking his head he puts it away.

‘No, she’s not mine… yet.’

*****

‘Chaerin, are you there?’

Chaerin wakes up when she hears Dara’s soft voice from the living room. She watches the clock and sighs when she realizes that it’s already 6 pm. She has been sleeping for so long but it’s the only way to escape from the reality.

Finally, she stands up from the bed and goes when Dara was waiting for her.

‘Morning!’ Dara greats her smiling, even if it’s not morning, she can tell that her friend woke up recently.

‘Sorry if I let you wait for so long.’

‘Don’t worry about it dummy. Ji let you really tired last night, right?’ because of the chuckles, Chaerin couldn't understand clearly what Dara said to her.

‘What?’

‘Ahm, nothing. I come here because I need your help.’

Chaerin brushes her blonde hair using her hand and walks to the bar to take two cans of beers for them. She’s lucky that Dara comes here so she could stop thinking a little bit and focus on her.

When she turns around from the bar, Dara talked again.

‘Chae, you know… Since I’ve started to live in Bae, I’ve been always dreaming about this moment. The moment when I can finally be the special one for him.’

‘You’re special for him.’ The blonde girl sits on the couch again and opens the can. Dara hesitates and leaves it on the little table.

‘It’s not what I mean. This time might be something big. This is what I need your help.’

Chaerin’s eyes widened when she sees the pregnancy test in front of her.

‘I’m going to make the test and let’s pray for it to be positive.’

‘Hopefully it will be..’ Chaerin smiles to her for the last time before her petite figure disappeared waking towards the bathroom.

Deep inside, she’s happy for her friends. They love each other and a child will be a blessing in their lives. Moreover, she knows that the baby will be blessed too for having parents who will give him all their love and attention. Without realize, the sadness is taking control over her heart again.

Even if she doesn’t know how it feels, she swears that when the time will come, she will love her babies with all her heart. They will never feel alone, she will give them everything.

‘So?’ she finally says when Dara comes back.

‘We have to wait now..’ Dara sits again and takes Chae’s hand into hers. ‘I promise that you and Jiyong are going to be the godparents of my baby.’

‘I’d love to.’

‘By the way, how are things going between you two?’

The last days he was nicer to her that he uses to be, even though the coldness of his voice isn’t really gone. Sometimes, she wishes that he could open more to her and tells her what is bothering him.

All the days are the same, yes they sleep in the same room but nothing happens, she would wake up without him and the both of them are doing their things separately. The only moment they would meet is the dinner but sometimes he would stay in his office more hours than usual and skip dinner.

‘Is still the same.’

‘No kisses?’ Chaerin shakes her head. ‘No dates?’ she shakes her head again. ‘No sweet words?’

‘If ‘Take care’ is a sweet word, then yes.’

Dara sighs. It’s been almost two months and they still the same. Not any progress.

‘Well, it’s better than nothing.’

Chaerin takes the can again and starts to drink when suddenly her friend’s cries makes her stop.

‘OMG!’

‘Unnie…’

‘It’s really happening!!’

‘Congratulation! ‘

Crying in happiness, Dara stops hugging Chaerin and places her hands on her tummy.

‘Hi baby! It’s mommy. We just find out about you, but let me tell you that I felt you before.’ Chaerin can’t help but cry with her and puts her hand on her too. ‘She’s your auntie. And soon you’ll meet daddy and uncle too.’

‘I’m so happy for you unnie!’

‘Don’t tell anything to Jiyong yet please. It’s going to be a surprise.’

‘Don’t worry, I won’t..’

‘I’ll have to go now, Bommie is wondering where I’m for sure, I let her stay in the shop.’

‘Fine. Tell her that she has is leaving me slowly. It’s been a while since I last saw her.’

‘She’s leaving all of us. That alien has found her soul mate.’

They laugh thinking about Bom and Top. They spend a lot of time together and of course, it’s nothing bad about it. Finally, Chaerin sees herself onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter