You have me now

It's not easy to love you to death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You have me now

Seeing the sunlight across the window, people usually think that it’s the beginning of a new day. And they are right, but sometimes, it may also be the beginning of a new experience. You don’t need more than five minutes to change your life forever. There’s always a ‘before and after’.

Chaerin opens her eyes slowly when she felt that the sunlight hit her face. She throws a look at the watch, which indicates that it’s already 11 AM, then at the arm placed around her waist and smiles. This is the first time when she wakes up with Jiyong next to her. Before, he will just go early in the morning but seems like now he decides to get in and keep sleeping. She turns around carefully to not wake him up and looks at him. Who would’ve said that they will end up like this? He said he trusts her and knowing this, makes her be even happier.

Using her hand, she gently caresses his handsome face. Chaerin suddenly feels his arm pulling her body closer to his and knows that he woke up.

‘Morning babe..’ He says and buries his face into her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

‘Morning oppa.. We should get up now, it’s getting late.’ Jiyong places a kiss on her neck before facing her again. He loves to see her beautiful face in the morning but now he loves it more because he can also allow himself to touch her. Days ago he could only stare at her and hold back.

He nods his head at her and releases her from his embrace. Chaerin looks around the room, trying to find where her clothes may be.

‘Why do you have to throw them so far? You could just let them somewhere near.’ Chaerin says, looking at how far are their clothes from the bed. Jiyong threw them everywhere last night.

‘You should go and pick them up, right?’ he smirks and she knows what he wants. She realized that she’s and going to pick the clothes means that he’s going to have the opportunity to see her. She also feels some pain down there and her legs hurt.

‘No, you’re the one who threw them so you go and pick them up.’

Even though they did it, she would feel embarrassed to expose her body like this. She’s not used to it. When Jiyong stands up from the bed, she blushes hard, trying to not stare. He smiles at how cute she looks now then throws his shirt to her and puts his boxers on. She quickly wears it and gets out from the bed as well, trying to walk as normally as she can right now.

He notices it and back hugs her.

‘Does it still hurt?’

‘Yeah, a little… It’s your fault!’

‘Not at all..’ he chuckles and walks with her to the bathroom door. ‘I did what you asked me to do.’

‘Shut up!’  Chaerin releases herself from his embrace and was about to open the door when she hears him again.

‘Wait, don’t you forget something?’

She knows what is he waiting for … but instead of giving him what he wants, she decides to still a bit.

‘You’re right..’ she turns around to face him and then goes to the closet. ‘I forgot the towel.’ After taking a towel she runs to the bathroom and closes the door behind her. Jiyong shakes his head and goes to the other bathroom, instead.

Chaerin watches herself in the mirror.  She can see a few bruises on her neck, another one on her chest near her right and on her tight. But she can’t deny that she enjoyed it and felt special for her. She never thought that he can be so sweet and attentive. She likes him, she has feelings for him… and he feels the same. What if it’s just temporary? Chaerin doesn’t really mind, she’s willing the try all the time it is supposed to last.

After the shower, she goes downstairs and finds him talking on the phone again. The next direction for her was the kitchen, and takes something from the fridge. When he was done, he approached her.

‘I didn't kill him.’ Jiyong says, sitting on the island counter. She knows that he’s talking about that man. ‘One of my men just called, he survived.’ He sighs.

‘Let’s leave it behind oppa, I’m fine now and that’s all that matters, right?’ Chaerin replies as she’s making some pudding for them.

‘If I don’t kill him, they’ll look for you again. Maybe not now, but one day they will.’

‘Why him? If it’s not him, then another one will.’

‘He’s one of the bosses. However, is not the first time when I almost kill him, I don’t know how does this bastard to survive every time.’

‘Oppa..’

She softly calls him. After what he said, it makes her wonder the world he lives in. Wrong, the world they live in, because right now she’s also part of it. He looks at her waiting for whatever she is about to tell him.

‘Tell me the truth, please… How many times were you about to die?’ Chaerin feels her heart beating fast only when she thinks about it. She’s afraid of the answer, but she needs to know it.

‘Honestly, three times.’

Three times.. He was about to die three times on a fight. Chaerin turns around to face him, thinking that he wouldn’t be here with her now if one of that fight would end up in another way. A more tragic way.

‘The first time was the worst because I thought that I was really going to die. I was injured so bad, and couldn’t move for a while but I recovered. The other two times weren’t so hard because I was started to get used to the feeling and beside, I knew that I had nothing to lose.’

‘Of course, you don’t lose anything, but the people around you does.’ She remembers that horrible moment when she felt like she’s going to lose him forever.

‘I didn’t have anyone, Chae.’ Jiyong stands up from the island counter. There were moments when he felt like he’s alone so he wouldn’t care about what is going to happen to him. He was all by himself and thought that will always be like this. Well, seems like he was wrong…

‘You have me now.’ Chaerin softly says and Jiyong heart’s beats are accelerating more and more. He’s sure that he never experienced something like this before. It is happiness mixed with desire, and affection. There’s something about her which makes him feel this way. Something which makes him falls for her even more. Without saying anything, Jiyong takes her into his embrace, hugging her tightly, and kisses her forehead.

‘I’m lucky, I do.’

She wraps her arms around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder. They just stayed like this, in each other arms, until the noise of the pudding on the cooker stove made them put apart. Chaerin runs to it and turns it off.

‘I don’t know if it’s edible anymore.’ She says, looking at the almost-pudding.

‘It’s okay, let’s eat out.’

Jiyong takes her hand into his and takes her out from the kitchen. Also, it’s a good idea to relax a little and spend some time together. Chaerin just took his hand and lets him lead the way out of the house. As soon as they approach his car, he opens the door for her and then gets in as well.

‘I should buy a car too.’     

‘You know you can take mine whenever you want.’

‘Since when do you like sharing?’ Chaerin chuckles remembering how he was going crazy whenever someone was touching his personal things.

‘I only share with you.’ He takes her hand into his and still focuses on the road to the café shop. She stares at their intertwined fingers and somehow wishes that he’ll never let her go.

‘I don’t know how to treat you.’

‘What are you talking about?’ Chaerin’s gaze is now following him as he’s parking the car into an empty spot and removes the chair belt.

‘All of this is new for me. I’ve been with women before but it’s been a long time since I involved my feelings. I’m afraid that I won’t give you what you deserve, because I know you’re worthy.’

He expresses his fears, avoiding her gaze once more time which is fixed on him. When he was about to let go of her hand and get out from the car, she stopped him.

‘You already gave me enough.’

‘Maybe someone else could give you even more.’

‘This is the last time when you try to push me into other guy’s arms, understood? Besides, I bet that you’ll get crazy if it happens.’ She knows how jealous can he get.

‘I’ve made you cry so many times.’

‘And yet, I fell for you.’

‘Why?’

Chaerin leans her head on his shoulder, enjoying having him this close to her. She knows that it’s going to be hard for him, but she also knows that she won’t leave him during their road to the future.

‘Behind the cold, rude, bossy, psychopath guy you seemed to be when I first met you, I know that there’s a big heart inside. I felt its presence many times when I was around you, in your own way you show me how much you care. Even though your harsh words and acts, you protect me like no one else did ever. You could let me die or even kill me many times but you didn’t, and it was because of fear not because you’re heartless.’  

Now it’s his turn to be touched by her words. There’s no wonder by he is so drawn by her. From the first moment she entered the door of his house everything changed for him. And it’s still changed.. for good.

‘You seemed to be annoying at the beginning, but you teach me so many things. One of them is how to trust you.’ He kisses her head repeatedly and she chuckles.

‘You thought I was annoying?’

‘You also thought I was a psychopath.’

‘I have my reasons, you know?’ They get out from the car and he holds her hand, walking to one of the tables outside the coffee shop. The weather feels nice, it’s a good day for a walk or going out.

*****

They keep talking and flirting, ignoring all the stares of the people around them. Another pair of brown eyes was watching them as well, until she decides to approach their table. Yoora can’t be more jealous, how can this woman she saw before make the man who is supposed to be hers, smiling like this? When he was with her, he never smiled but just beds her and then leaves. She remembers angrily that the last time he ed her, he didn’t even give her one kiss, but just turned her around on the bed, and did it quickly from behind then left her alone.

She even started to think that for someone like him is impossible to show affection to people, but seeing him now makes her think that she was wrong. And it bothers her to know that the woman who will have his heart is not her.

However, she s her shirt as much as she can, and approaches their table and takes a sit next to Jiyong who stopped talking to Chaerin after feeling her presence.

‘Hey honey!  Thanks God you’re here, I was looking for you.’ Yoora leans to him making sure that he could see her s, and puts an arm around him. ‘I heard about the event your company hold Saturday night, we better hurry up. I have to find a dress and I would like you to come to me to buy one, we have to match! We’re going to have so much fun together, baby, like we always do.’ She says the last phrase looking directly into Chaerin’s eyes who was already pissed off because this who was trying to flirt on her husband.

‘You don’t have to worry; my wife is the one who will come with me.’ Jiyong removes her arm from his shoulder and winks at Chaerin. He knows that it pretty awkward for her, because it is for him too.

‘Excuse me… have you said..?’ Yoora is taken aback.. She wasn’t expected it.

‘We’re married, Yoora. Get a life and leave us alone, you’re disturbing us.’

‘Wait, is a joke, right? You haven’t told me anything about…’ she stops trying to hold back the word she wanted to use to talk about Chaerin and replaces it for another one. ‘About her when we were making love at the Valentine’s Day party.’  Chaerin frowns, remembering the part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter