The promise to come back

It's not easy to love you to death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The promise to come back

Weeks later…

Broken. Heavy. That’s what his heart feels right now after hearing those horrible words coming out from the mouths of the people around him. The presence of the air is being felt less and less. Strongly, he stands up from the chair which fell down immediately and supports himself on the desk. It’s too difficult to stand right now…

‘Say again… Dare to say it again!’ Jiyong lifts his head up and looks at the men. They came to his house to inform a major problem. Youngbae lows his head, while Top is on his chair, taking his sun glasses off.

‘We’re sorry, sir. But like we said, we detected that there’s an infiltrator between us. After looking for information and studying the possible solutions, we released some theories about who the betrayer could be and…’

‘And you found out that the betrayer is Chaerin?’ Jiyong asks one of his men again, losing his patience.

‘She’s the most dubious.’

‘Be careful about what you say, we’re talking about my wife!’

No one dares to say anything when the dragon is spitting fire. Jiyong can’t believe what he heard.. No, he doesn't want to believe it. He understands that there’s an infiltrator who give away information about all their moves but he can’t stand thinking that the person who’s doing this is his own wife. The infiltrators are usually killed.. Knowing this, is hurting him even more.

‘How much information had been given?’ he finally speaks again, walking from the room.

‘Everything, sir. The black organization already has got the copies of our documents. They can attack every moment, we should be ready.’

‘Then you go and prepare everything. Take all the papers you find at the office, block the security system and close all the doors.’ The man nods to him and leaves the office, along with Top.

Being by themselves in the office, Youngbae walks towards Jiyong, thinking about how hard the situation is from his friend now. He saw that the matter is getting more and more serious.

‘I’m sorry bro.’ he whispers, patting his shoulder.

‘Do you think that she would do that to me, Bae?’ Jiyong can’t hold it back anymore, and a tear comes out from his eyes.

‘I…’ Youngbae stops trying hard to find the best words from him. On one hand, he wants to support him but on the other hand, he has to think about their lives and the theories they have got. ‘I don’t know.’

‘There must be something else. How can she work for those bastards who almost killed her?’

Jiyong stands up from the couch and serves himself a glass of Whiskey. Youngbae sighs again as his friend is trying hard to find reasons to convince himself that Chaerin has nothing to do with the matter.

‘Ji, according to the theory, they planned it all. They planned the kidnapping so you will begin trusting her and everything became easy for them. And there’s more, everybody finds it weird how she accepted to marry you so fast, moreover to give up on her life to come here with you. Someone saw Soo Hyuk around your house many time and then they also saw them talking on the café shop time ago.’

‘I know why she accepted to come here, I don’t have a doubt of it.’ No matter how hard Jiyong is trying to compose, he can’t justify the fact about Soo Hyuk and the kidnapping. His brain is telling him that this all was a game, that she used him to get what she wanted and that soon she’ll leave him, taking again everything from him, including his heart.

‘Until the things get clear, we can’t risk our lives by playing the trust game.’ Seungri appears on the office, closing the door behind him. Apparently he heard some of their conversations before getting inside and he also found out about what happened.

Jiyong is staying silent, knowing well that time ago he was the one who used to say this phrase many times. He was the one who decided to keep people away from him because there’s no one to trust. Until the last months when he met Chaerin and his life changed... for good.

‘So it is my fault, right?’ Jiyong whispers, feeling the presence of his friend behind him.

‘Well, you didn’t know.. But now, we have to fix it. The enemies will come anytime.’

‘Ji, think about it well. We have to do something, no matter how hard is for us, trust me it is.. it’s very hard. Maybe I should’ve just letting you..’ Youngbae expresses it slowly. It’s not only Jiyong’s fault after all..

‘Do you mean that if you would know about this from the beginning, you would have never told me to let myself trust her? Bae, this is crazy… We’re discussing here everything as we’ll know it, don’t you think that we should also think about her?’

‘Hyung, don’t you realize that you fell for her so deep that all you can think about right now are her feelings?’ Seungri adds, sitting down on the couch next to Youngbae. ‘Instead of fixing it, you’re just thinking about her pain.’

‘Of course, I’m going to fix it… in my own way.’ Jiyong finally says, putting out his phone and texting someone to come to his office, so he can apply his plan now. The day has come. The day when he has to think about what he’s going to do without her in his life.

‘You know how the betrayers end.’

Jiyong only nods, keep paying attention to his phone in his right hand.

‘Jiyong look, I really hope that she has nothing to do with it. Don’t get us wrong, we’re just worrying the situation. She’s our friend too and we care about her.’ Youngbae stands up one more time and approaches the nervous Jiyong in front of him. ‘Whatever happens, it’s not your fault. You just did what you heart told you to do.’  He goes out of the room, thinking again.

Seungri looks at his friend and sighs deeply.

‘I’m sorry about your blondie, hyung. Like Bae said, we hope that she didn’t do anything because we know you’re happy at her side.’

‘Get out now, Seungri. I have things to do.’

‘You can’t never fully get to know someone..’ Jiyong says and looks at Seungri intensely, telling him to leave soon or something will explode. And he won’t like it. After Seungri left, the glass of Whiskey which was hold by Jiyong a while ago met the wall, breaking into small pieces. It hurts so damn much.

‘Can I come in, Ji?’ the man named Mino says and Jiyong nods at him. He’s the best hacker they have. Because of him they found out a lot of enemies and could also find a lot of dates about their past, their friends, everything. He and Jiyong went at the same high school and after finishing it,  Mino was looking for a job related with his computer and hacker skills and Jiyong knew that he will need him, so here they are.

‘The moment has come. I know I’ve told you that maybe we could delay it but the situation doesn’t allow us to.’

Mino understands instantly what his boss and friend wants to say.

‘Do you have everything prepared?’ Jiyong asks again, sitting on his now messy desk and looks for some papers.

‘Sure, I called at the company this morning and everything is ready. I also bought the plane tickets, just in case.’

‘Good. I need you to take Chaerin here. Tonight. I will take care of the rest, you just go, prepare all her things, and take her there.’

‘Won’t you come with her? I only bought two tickets, for the both of you. This was the plan.’

‘At the beginning.. Now it changed. I don’t want her to be here anymore. Feeling her presence is not going to help me in any way right now. You know what I mean…’

Mino nods his head, watching how Jiyong is checking his phone and taking note of some phone numbers and also an address.

‘Take, if something goes wrong call at these numbers.’

‘Of course, thank you.. Ji, are you sure you want to do it now?’

‘Do I have any option now, Mino?’

Mino hear the pain in his voice. It’s not easy for him… He didn’t want to do it now, or even in this way. It was supposed to be something full of joy and emotions, not pain and fear.

Chaerin can’t hold it anymore. Her world is slowly coming down. She was looking for Jiyong time ago when she accidentally heard their conversation. When Seungri was about to come in the office, she hid behind the hole between the wall and the hall but he already saw her. He told her what happening and she asked him to challenge Jiyong for her. To challenge him with words. She needed to hear that he trusts her and he won’t give up on her, that he believes in her love more than into these people’s words and they will overcome it together.

Instead, she didn’t hear anything of that.. Only the opposite, he seems to plan to send her away from him. Where? Does he want to kill her personally for betraying him? Wrong, she didn’t do anything, he only has to listen to her.

‘He won’t listen…’ she says to herself, recalling the time when Jiyong was so mad at her as he didn’t even let her explain. This time won’t be different.

He’s like this. He’s fearing the betrayal so much that he became cold and distant to people. He had a hard time to let her enter his locked life. Why would he believe her if they have got lots of theories proving that she lied and used him all this time.

They said that she works for the another company, the ones who wanted to kill her.

They said that she’s only using him to reach her goals.

They said that she’s with the man who lied and almost abuse her.

But they don’t say that she’ll do anything for him.

They don’t say how much she wants to be by his side.

They don’t say that his happiness is hers.

And they definitely don’t say that he became the most important person for her.

‘Miss…’ When Bob approached her the only thing she could thing about is running from the house. She does. She was so lost into her thought that she didn't realize it.. Could Jiyong already sent his big friends to get her?

Without losing more time, Chaerin runs to the forest, ignoring the darkness and the night and the coldness after the rain. She has to run. She heard it with her own ears. ‘You know how the betrayers end.’ If there’s one thing in this world she doesn’t wish right now is dying.

She stops after reaching the small wood house they have in the forest. It is for storage or stuff. Chaerin wonders if she should hide here after the things calm down and she will think carefully about what do to next. She hears a shoot from behind and enters it, closing the door behind and resting herself on it. A shot. Two shots.

‘This can’t be the end… please…’

*****

‘Bae no! I refuse to!’ Dara shoots again, passing her hand from her hear repeatedly. From this morning she was freezing, fearing and wondering. She can’t believe that her best friend is now seeing as a selfish .

‘Honey, we need time to get used to the situation. I refused to believe it too, but what if this is truth? I’m just scared, trying to protect you and our baby.’

‘Chaerin will never hurt someone!! You don’t have to protect me from my best friend, for God’s sake!’

‘Someone ratted us. We’ll have to be ready for a fight, they have got a lot about us now, because a person…’

‘How could you think that this someone is Chaerin?’

‘I didn’t say I think it’s her.. I said that the theories indicate that she’s the main suspect here.’

‘Do you think that Jiyong will end up with her?’ Dara sits down, feeling tired. Too much stress for a pregnant woman, she can’t help but think about her friend right now.

‘I don’t know.. you know Jiyong. You know that he can’t forgive a betrayal. I’m afraid that if she is really using him, he could kill her even if he will never overcome it.’

Dara remembers when Chaerin called her this afternoon. By her voice, Dara could say that her friend was excited. She told her that she has something important to tell her and it’s about a ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter