Chapter 7: The Journey Continues

Home

The next day, Kibum woke up the same way as any other day: with his head buried in Jonghyun's chest, the sound of his boyfriend's soft breathing drifting through the wind. All of the sudden, Kibum sat up, remembering where he was.

"," he muttered under his breath, accidentally whacking Jonghyun in the face with his pure white tail. Jonghyun groaned, trying to adjust to the bright sunlight and soreness in his joints.

"What was that for?" Jonghyun whined loudly.

"Sorry," Kibum answered, petting Jonghyun's face. Jonghyun grinned and held his waist, pulling him in for a quick kiss. As the kiss deepened, Taemin sat up, finally waking up. He gave the two boys a look, and they quickly broke apart.

"Um, hey Taemin," Jonghyun said, chuckling nervously.

"You're up," Kibum said awkwardly.

"Yep, I'm up," Taemin responded. The three boys nodded awkwardly until Minho suddenly sat up. He looked around at his surroundings, his face full of confusion. He reached around and grabbed his dark grey tail. His other hand touched his matching ears, his eyes widening. He finally remembered where he was and what was going on, and he sighed. Taemin walked over to him, holding out his hand to help him up.

"You'll get used to it eventually," Taemin said quietly, and Minho grabbed his hand. Taemin pulled, and Minho was soon on his feet.

"Thank you," Minho spoke, and Taemin blushed. Minho grinned. Jinki woke up at that moment, and Kibum handed everyone a few crackers.

"Eat your breakfast quickly, we have to get going," Kibum said, sitting down and munching on his crackers. The five boys soon finished, and began to walk toward the big mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Guys, let's eat lunch now," Kibum said, panting and wiping the sweat from his forehead. Jonghyun sat down, and the other boys quickly followed.

As the boys ate lunch, Kibum rested his head on Jonghyun's shoulder.

"You should let me carry your bags for the rest of the day," Jonghyun spoke quietly, petting Kibum's hair and tail.

"But you carried them yesterday," Kibum whined.

"But you get so tired; I don't want you to be sore," Jonghyun said.

"But you'll get sore," Kibum replied.

"It's fine, I don't really get hurt," Jonghyun said and smiled. Kibum sighed.

"Fine, you can carry my stuff," Kibum said reluctantly.

~~~~~~~~~~

The boys trudged on as the sun went lower and lower in the sky, the boys casting shadows on the dark green grass.

"What's that noise?" Minho said, looking at the clear area around him.

"It's nothing, let's just keep moving," Kibum spoke, and they kept moving.

"Wait, I hear it too now," Jonghyun said, stopping the group again.

"It sounds like a giant flapping noise," Jinki spoke. They all nodded, and gazed around, trying to find the source of the noise. Suddenly, there heard a loud pounding noise behind them, and they all turned around.

Crouching in front of them was a gigantic dragon, looking very angry and very hungry.

"Ahhhhh!" Jinki screamed as the five boys jumped away from the dragon, all in the same direction. The dragon let out a large breath of fire, burning the tip of Taemin's tail.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked, rushing over to Taemin and holding him.

"I'm fine," Taemin answered, looking up at Minho.

"Guys, there is a ing dragon right there, what the hell are we supposed to do?" Kibum yelled.

"Do have a gun or something?" Minho screamed back.

"What the hell is a gun?" Jonghyun answered loudly. Taemin, Minho and Jinki collectively rolled their eyes.

"Well do you have a weapon or something?" Minho said.

"I have a sword," Jonghyun spoke, dramatically pulling a long silver sword out of his belt. Minho rolled his eyes as he reached to grab it, but Kibum swatted his hand away.

"We can't have our saviour dying before he fulfils his prophesy!" Kibum shouted.

"I took fencing for a month in the third grade," Taemin spoke. The other boys looked at each other, then Jonghyun handed him the sword.

"Wait, Taemin, what if you get hurt?" Minho yelled, his voice full of worry.

"It's you or me, and I'm less important," Taemin yelled back, running up to the dragon. Taemin climbed on its large back, using the scales and ridges to get closer to his face. The other boys went up into a tree quickly enough that the dragon didn't notice. As Taemin reached his face, the dragon noticed the boys in the tree, and opened his mouth to breath fire on the tree. Suddenly, Taemin stabbed the dragon in both eyeballs. The dragon screamed in shock, writhing back and forth violently. Taemin held steady, and stabbed the dragon in the mouth. As the dragon's legs buckled in pain, Taemin dragged the sword down the dragon's back, exposing his spine. The dragon fell over completely, clearly dead. Taemin rolled off of his back, falling to the floor from tiredness. The other boys rushed over to him, cheering at his victory over the beast.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe there are ing dragons here," Jinki said as he turned the dragon meat over the fire.

"Wait, there aren't dragons where you come from?" Kibum asked. Jinki shook his head.

"Anyways, what does dragon taste like?" Taemin asked.

"Chicken," Jonghyun answered, and Jinki smiled.

"I think my wounds are all addressed now," Taemin said quietly to Minho.

"Well, you can never be to sure," Minho replied as he put a wet cloth on all Taemin's scratches. Taemin smiled.

"See, you are as important as me. Maybe even more important." Minho said quietly to Taemin, looking down at him with his big eyes. Taemin smiled even wider.