Chapter 6: Fires and Heavy Bags

Home

When Kibum emerged from his shower, he went back to the king's castle to find the other four boys sitting on the large, marble steps.

"Let's go," Jonghyun said, and they all stood up, Jonghyun leading the group toward the town walls. When the reached the side door of the town, they went up to the door.

"It's too big, we'll all have to push it together," Kibum said. The five boys leaned on the giant door, pushing with all their might. When it finally opened, they stumbled out of Gatet Dote, panting heavily. They sat down for a moment, trying to catch their breath before they moved on.

"It's so beautiful here," Minho said quietly. Taemin looked around at his surroundings. He was sitting on perfectly green grass, with small wildflowers growing here and there. Off in one direction there were tall, dark trees, and in another there were large mountains covered in snow and dark green trees. The sun was setting, castle a slight shadow on the area. A small breeze was blowing, making the air cool but still perfectly comfortable.

"It really is," Jinki replied, leaning his head back to look up at the pink and orange stained clouds.

"Get up, guys, let's make some headway before it gets dark," Jonghyun said, standing up. Kibum sighed and stood up, adjusting the bags on his shoulders. The other boys stood up as well, and walked in the direction of the biggest mountain.

"Where exactly is Cadell Dote?" Minho asked.

"Right down there," Kibum said, pointing toward the foot of the mountain. There was what looked like a small town, similar to Gatet Dote but less clean and organized. Minho nodded, and they continued to walk.

The five boys walked in almost complete silence, the sounds of panting and Jinki's occasional sighs when he tripped were the only things to be heard. Kibum and Jonghyun walked in front of the other three boys. Kibum walked slowly, growing extremely tired from walking for so long with the heavy bags. Suddenly, Jonghyun grabbed his things, adjusting the straps to fit on his shoulders.

"Hey," Kibun whined, trying to get his bags back from Jonghyun.

"You're tired, I don't want you hurting yourself," Jonghyun replied, smiling at Kibum. Kibum sighed.

"Fine, I'll let you carry my ," Kibum said, faking annoyance. Jonghyun giggled, still smiling at Kibum. The silence fell back onto the group, and they continued to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Guys, it's getting dark. Let's rest for the night," Jonghyun said, plopping his bags onto the grass and sitting down. The other boys followed, exhausted from their trek.

"I'll go start a fire," Taemin said, standing up to go find sticks and firewood.

"I'm coming!" Minho yelled, running after Taemin. Taemin stopped walking to wait for Minho. When he caught up, Taemin started walking again, and Minho followed.

"Do you know how to make a fire?" Taemin asked.

"Yeah, I was a boy scout," Minho said, grinning at Taemin. Taemin blushed, looking at the ground. He gazed at Minho, looking at his back and getting distracted by thinking how attractive he was. Suddenly, Minho turned around, noticing Minho's stares. He giggled.

"Get some would like this, okay?" Minho spoke, holding up a piece of wood and smiling. Taemin nodded and began to gather the wood.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once they set the fire up and ate some bread and chicken, the boys set up their blankets and pillows, trying to fall asleep.

"Ugh, why is the ground so uncomfortable," Jinki whined. Everyone laughed in agreement.

As Minho, Taemin, and Jinki fell asleep, Kibum scooted his things closer to Jonghyun. He cuddled with the small boy, wrapping his arms around him.

"Goodnight, love," Jonghyun whispered to Kibum.

"Goodnight," Kibum responded, and grinned widely.