Chapter 4: Minho Arrives

Home

"I'm going to go back through the portal to try and find Minho," Jonghyun said, standing up from Kibum's lap. Everyone else in the room waved.

"Don't up this time!" Kibum shouted back to him. Jonghyun laughed and walked down the stairs to go back into the town. After he shut the door, Jinki spoke.

"What now?" he asked, looking at Kibum and Taemin.

"We wait and hope that Jonghyun brings the right guy," Kibum spoke. Taemin nodded.

"How long do you think it'll take?" Taemin said.

"Maybe a half an hour to an hour," Kibum responded. Taemin nodded again. Suddenly, Kibum smiled.

"Hey, why don't I give you two a tour?" Kibum said. Jinki and Taemin agreed, and they left the building. The three boys walked along the sunny streets, Kibum pointing out his favorite places to go and important landmarks.

"That is literally the best boutique," Kibum said excitedly, pointing to a small, expensive looking store with floral dresses and pants in the window. They walked in silence for a few more moments before Jinki spoke.

"I'm hungry, can we eat?" he asked. 

"Sure," Kibum said, leading the two boys into a restaurant with a picture of a chicken on the door. Jinki grinned.

"My favorite," Jinki muttered, his lips. They walked into the store, sat down at a table, and picked out their food.

"How are we going to pay?" Taemin asked.

"Pay? What's that?" Kibum responded.

"Like, how are we going to make this a fair trade? Does Gatet Dote have a currency system?" Taemin asked again.

"We just eat, you don't really have to do anything. Anyways, what's currency?" Kibum spoke, clearly confused.

"Nevermind," Taemin answered, sharing a look with Jinki. The three boys ordered a chicken to split and a drink from Gatet Dote called Himbeere Biru.

"I promise, Himbeere Biru is like the main drink of Gatet Dote, it's so delicious," Kibum said. Jinki and Taemin tried it, faces expressionless, trying to decide how they felt about the drink.

"It tastes like blue raspberry flavored candy," Jinki said, Taemin nodded in agreement, and the two boys put the drinks down.

"Wait, in your land raspberries aren't blue?" Kibum asked.

"They're red," Jinki responded. Kibum looked very confused.

"What the ? Since when are raspberries red?" Kibum said. Suddenly, a waiter came around and handed the boys their chicken.

"Thank you," they said in unison, and dug in.

"Mmmm," Jinki moaned, quickly eating the chicken.

"This is really good," Taemin spoke. Kibum smiled, proud of his restaurant choice.

"So how old are all of you?" Kibum asked.

"I'm 16," Jinki said.

"I'm 14," Taemin spoke.

"Oh I'm 15," Kibum said. Once the boys were finished eating, Kibum looked up at the clock in the corner of the restaurant.

"Jonghyun's probably getting back now, we should go to the book hall," Kibum said. The three boys stood up, grabbed their coats, and left the restaurant.

"What about paying?" Jinki asked as they walked out of the door.

"What the hell is this paying thing? I don't get it," Kibum responded, and the three guys went back to the building.

~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived back at the room, Jonghyun was already there with Minho.

"Wow, it's the same guy who TA's for Mr. Wilson," Taemin thought, his cheeks turning a bit red. When Minho noticed Taemin, he grinned.

"Hey, you're in Mr. Wilson's second block class, right?" Minho asked. Taemin nodded, staring at his brand new dark grey tail and ears. "They look cute on him," Taemin thought.

After Kibum sat at the desk chair and Minho and Taemin plopped onto the couch, Kibum explained the entire situation to Minho.

"Thank god you got the right guy this time," Kibum said jokingly. Jonghyun giggled, leaning onto Kibum's shoulder.

"I don't always up," he said quietly to Kibum. Kibum smiled.

"So, how am I going to save your people from the Cadellians?" Minho asked.

"You have to go negotiate with them, which means we have to travel to Cadell Dote," Kibum answered.

"How is all of this going to happen?" Minho questioned. Jonghyun responded.

"We have to go talk to the king."