Chapter 12: First Loves

Home

As night fell upon the five boys, they sat down on the ground, panting heavily.

"Who knew how much walking a quest involved?" Minho said.

"Or how boring one was," Kibum added quietly. Jonghyun chuckled, and Kibum grinned at him, getting lost in his eyes.

"We have some food!" Minho said loudly, pulling Jonghyun and Kibum out of their daydreams. Jonghyun rested on Kibum's lap as he ate, and Jinki placed his head on Jonghyun's lap. Kibum tensed for a moment, but he quickly relaxed as Jonghyun ruffled his hair.

Taemin and Minho watched the pair from across the fire, both of them deep in thought.

"They're so cute together," Minho said quietly. Taemin nodded slowly, and Minho sighed. "Sometimes I wish I had someone I could be like that with," Minho said wishfully.

Taemin laughed. "You could have any girl at school that you want," Taemin said. 

"That's not true, Taemin. I'm actually not that popular," Minho admitted, chuckling. "And anyways, there is someone I want, but I don't think they want me," Minho spoke, laughing sadly. Taemin frowned. He didn't like seeing Minho sad, but at the same time he was jealous of this person who Minho liked.

"I guess I'm the same boat you are," Taemin confessed. Minho stiffened, and Taemin held his arm, resting his head on the older boy's shoulder. Minho smiled, running his fingers through Taemin's hair. At that moment, the other three boys looked over at Taemin and Minho.

"Aw, you guys are so cute together! You guys are seriously my OTP!" Kibum said loudly. Taemin and Minho quickly broke apart, blushing and feeling embarrassed. Jinki, Jonghyun, and Kibum just laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, the boys built a large fire, leaning against each other and talking quietly.

"Kibum, Jonghyun, how did you two get together?" Taemin asked. Kibum and Jonghyun started giggling.

"Well...we've actually known each other since we were really little. Turns out, we both had childhood crushes on each other," Kibum said.

"We could've been together all of that time," Jonghyun spoke.

"Once we were like, 11 or 12, our relationship got a little more...complicated. We would flirt with each other and stuff, but neither of us confessed. When it was moving day-"

"What's moving day?" MInho asked, cutting off Kibum.

"Moving day is the day where all of the 13 year olds in Gatet Dote move out of their parent's homes," Jonghyun clarified.

"That seems so young," Jinki said.

"It isn't, not here at least. It's the law to move out at that age," Jonghyun said. Jinki, Minho, and Taemin nodded.

"As I was saying," Kibum paused to give Minho a look, "When it was moving day, Jonghyun and I decided to move in together. We have a very small house with only one bed, so we were forced to sleep together. That night, everything was fine until someone started having a dream," Kibum said, looking pointedly at Jonghyun. He blushed and hid his face in his hands.

"What sort of dream was it?" Taemin asked obliviously.

"Jonghyun, did you have a wet dream about Kibum when you two were in the same bed?" Minho asked. Kibum and Jonghyun nodded, blushing shyly. Minho, Taemin, and Jinki burst out laughing. 

"Shut up guys, it's embarrassing," Jonghyun mumbled, but he giggled a little bit as well. 

"So the next morning, I confronted Jonghyun and he told me he loved me. I said I loved him too, and we've been a couple ever since," Kibum said.

"That's actually sort of cute," Taemin spoke.

"Nice save, Jonghyun," Minho said quietly to Jonghyun. Jonghyun rolled his eyes, but he smiled.

"It's sort of late, maybe we should sleep now," Jinki said. Everyone agreed, so they set up their beds and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taemin couldn't fall asleep. He had been tossing and turning ever since the boys had laid down, unable to get his mind to rest. He couldn't stop thinking about what Minho had said earlier. "I really can't believe that the person he likes doesn't want him," Taemin thought. He sighed. "I hope that girl treats him right." Suddenly recieved a tap on his shoulder

"Hey," Minho whispered. Taemin turned towards the older boy, his handsome face revealed in the moonlight. "God, he's beautiful," Taemin thought.

"Can you sleep?" Minho asked quietly.

"No," Taemin replied, shaking his head and smiling.

"Me either," Minho whispered, grinning as well. "Do you want to walk with me?"

Taemin nodded vigorously, quietly standing up. Minho stood up as well, grabbing Taemin's hand and running. Taemin ran next to him, panting heavily. Finally, they arrived at a tree and sat down.

"Why do you always do that?" Taemin asked, panting hard. Minho just laughed, resting his head on Taemin's shoulder. Taemin grinned and wrapped his arms around Minho's body. They just sat like that for a few minutes, the cool night breeze and rustling of the leaves above them bringing them to a state of relaxation. Suddenly, Minho stiffened.

"Taemin?" Minho asked nervously.

"Yeah," Taemin responded, frowning at Minho's odd tone of voice. Minho's breathing quickened and his heart raced.

"Do..do you..." Minho stuttered. He quickly turned to Taemin.

"Do you have feelings for me?" 

Taemin blushed scarlet, his whole body completely still.

"Yeah," Taemin replied, practically panting. MInho had a look of shock painted on his face.

"Really?" he asked. Taemin nodded shyly, looking down at his lap. After a few moments, he looked up, expecting Minho to be disgusted. Instead he had an impossibly wide grin on his face. Minho suddenly cupped Taemin's face in his hands and kissed him.

The kiss was slow and sweet, perfectly chaste and loving. The two boys pulled away after a few seconds, Minho's hand still on Taemin's face.

"That was my first kiss," Taemin admitted, beaming at Minho.

"Me too," Minho responded. Both of the boys laughed happily.

"Again?" Taemin asked.

"Yeah," Minho said, and pulled Taemin in again. 

The two boys kissed for a long time, just feeling and experiencing each other for the first time. Once the sun was in the sky, they broke apart, panting slightly.

"We should probably go back now," Minho said, standing up and holding out his hand for Taemin to hold. Taemin held it and grinned.

"Thank you," Taemin giggled. Minho beamed, looking down at Taemin.

"So it was me you liked? Why didn't you think I liked you?" Taemin asked,

"Well, yeah. I first noticed you when I started TAing for Mr. Wilson. I immediately started to like you. You're really cute, you know," Minho said. Taemin giggled quietly and blushed. "I really, really liked you, but whenever I smiled at you, you looked away. I thought you hated me, plus I thought you were with that Jongin guy." At that, Taemin burst out laughing.

"Me and Jongin? Never. Anyways, he's too busy obsessing over his boyfriend from summer camp to pay attention to anything else. You know, Minho, I really liked you too, I just didn't want you noticing how much I blushed whenever you looked at me," Taemin confessed. Minho grinned.

"I'm glad we feel the same way," Minho said. With that, the two boys walked back to the other boys, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello my lovely subscribers! Im sorry I havent updated in like 10000 years. I know, finally, 2min! I hope ya'll like it. No , but whatevs. I'd at writing it anyways. I wonder how the other boys will react to 2min's relationship??? Whelp, ily all, and always remember to upvote, subscribe, and COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!!!!!