I’ll Keep Waiting Until I Find You

My Dara-Noona's Heart

 

Chanyeol knew that their leader wouldn’t believe his lame excuse, but he hoped he does anyway. I’m sorry Suho-hyung. I really don’t want to lie but I don’t have any other choice. The managers will kill me if they knew I was with Dara-sunbae last night. Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

Suho: Ya! Park Chanyeol! I know you’re lying. You were so excited when you got your jacket that you wouldn’t take it off.

 

Manager:  (walks in the practice room) Yeoreobun, we’re starting in 2 minutes. Is everybody ready? (noticed Chanyeol and Suho at the corner) Yah, Chanyeol-ah, why aren’t you dressed yet? Where is your jacket?

 

Chanyeol: (looks to Suho for help) I.. I..

 

Suho: Just tell us the truth Chanyeol, it’s okay. (gives him his reassuring look)

 

Chanyeol: I lost it. I’m sorry hyung. I was out last night at the park, and.. I.. It was too late and I guess I left it there? I’m sorry. I didn’t really want to lose it. I’m sorry.

 

Manager: Yaah! You’re not supposed to wear it outside yet! What if people recognize you? Wolf isn’t even out yet, what if other agencies steal our concept? Aish, Chanyeol-ah.

 

Chanyeol: I’m really sorry Hyung. (bows 90 degrees to his manager and to Suho)

 

Suho: Did you see anyone at the park? Did anyone recognize you?

 

Chanyeol: (tries to hide his tenseness) I.. Anii.. There was nobody. I was all alone last night.

 

Suho: That’s fine then. Just, go back to the park later and try to see if the jacket is still there. We have to retrieve it no matter what.

 

Manager: Yes, and for now, well, just.. Just wear something red, okay? (calls the Stylist-noona) Jimin-ssi, please give Chanyeol something red to wear. And do something about his hair, I can’t see his face clearly.

 

Chanyeol: Thank you so much Hyungs. I.. I will find it, I promise.

 

The EXO boys started and rehearsed for hours. Chanyeol was relieved that he didn’t get in too much trouble. Aish, now how do I get it back? I don’t want to get it back. It’s the only thing that she has from me, and if she wears it outside, aiiiyoooooooo, it will be like our couple jacket hahaha! WAIT! What if she wears it outside and people take her pictures?! I’m going to be so dead! And what if… what if Dara-sunbae gets in trouble too, because of me? Anii! I can’t let that happen. Absolutely not!

 

Chanyeol got nervous all of a sudden and he finally decided to get the jacket back, all to protect Dara from the prying eyes of their fans and the media. She can’t get into a scandal like this. My Dara-sunbae, aiyoooo. I’m so sorry. Chanyeol asked Suho’s permission to go ahead and not join them for dinner, as he will still go back to the park to look for his jacket. Suho agreed and Chanyeol left after saying goodbye to s.

 

Chanyeol tried to figure out where to go to and what to do to about his dilemma. Should I go to YG? Will she be there? Aniiii! I can’t go back to YG, people might recognize me. Aiyooo. What do I do? Ahh, should I go back to the park? Will she be there, looking for me too? Aiiiiiiiiyyeeee, Park Chanyeol! No, it’s not the time for fanboying, focus! Chanyeol can’t seem to decide where to go first, but he felt like his mind and his feet were telling him to go to the park, and so he did. He carefully disguised himself and took the taxi to go back to the park, where it all started.

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

Dara arrived at the restaurant past 5PM in the afternoon. She tried to ask the receptionist if she knew anything about last night.

 

Receptionist: I’m sorry Sandara-ssi. All I know is that your friends all left together last night and they seem to be looking for you. You also left your car at our parking lot. I don’t know about anything that happened after. Please rest assured that this wouldn’t come out in any news. We will be very discreet about it.

 

Dara: It’s okay. Thank you for your help anyway. I’ll… Can I leave my car here for the mean time? I’ll just go around and walk for a while. And, umm.. By any chance, do you know any park near here with a white gazebo?

 

Receptionist: Hmm. Yes, there is a nearby park around 20 minutes away from here. I’m not sure about a gazebo but it’s the only park in this area. Just go right upon exiting and walk straight from there until you find the park.

 

Dara: Oh, I see. That’s very helpful. Thank you so much for your help.

 

Dara then left the restaurant and walked towards the direction of the park, as instructed by the receptionist. She was thinking and trying to remember the things that happened last night as she was walking, trying to familiarize herself with the surroundings. Aiish, why can’t I remember anything? Upon seeing the park, she realized that there was nothing incredible or unique about the place. It was just a usual park, with a playground and benches, just like any other parks in Korea. She saw the white gazebo at the corner beside the swings. It’s all because of this gazebo. Why am I so attached to gazebos? Aiyooo. Will he be here? Will I be able to see you here, PCY?

 

Dara waited for hours inside the gazebo to see if PCY will be there. She kept humming this tune for a while when she suddenly remembered something. Ahh! Right! It’s him. I saw a boy here last night, that tall elf boy. He was playing his guitar so well and it was this song. He’s PCY? Wow, how did he manage to bring me all the way back to YG? WAIT, does this mean… He recognized me? He knew I’m Sandara Park that’s why he brought me there. Aigooo, so embarrassing! He saw me drunk and he even took me home safely. Aiyoo, I have to find him, no matter what!

 

Dara waited and waited. It’s already 8PM but still, there was no sign of PCY, or anybody at the park. She was determined to find him and she was planning to stay there until midnight and wait for him. If I don’t see him, I’ll just come back tomorrow and wait again. She was eagerly waiting when suddenly..

 

(Dara’s phone rings)

 

Dara: Ohh, annyeong Chaerin-ah Waeyo?

 

CL: Unnie, where are you right now?

 

Dara: Ehhh? I’m outside. Why? Are you all home already?

 

CL: Anii. We’re still at YG celebrating the return of the Bigbang oppas. Unnie, by any chance, are you planning to go here tonight?

 

Dara: Ehhh? Well, no. I… You know I.. I…

 

CL: It’s okay Unnie. We understand. I.. I actually called to tell you not to go, if ever you were planning on going.

 

Dara: Ehh? Waeyo? Did something happen?

 

CL: Aniiyo. It’s just that.. Ummm… (Bom snatched the phone away)

 

Bom: Aiyoo, just tell her Chaerin-ah. Ya! Ssantoki! Jiyongie brought Kiko here at their welcome back party! That’s what.. (CL got her phone back)

 

CL: Ya! Bom-unnie! Why did you! Aish, nevermind. Dara-unnie, just… You don’t have to go you know. We’ll just bring you food later. Just.. Are you okay? Where are you anyway?

Dara: Hahaha! It’s okay Chaerin-ah. Ji.. I mean G-dragon can bring whomever he likes to bring. It’s not my business anymore. And it’s okay, about the food. I’ll eat here, I’m out anyway waiting for someone.

 

Bom: (puts the phone on speaker mode) Ehh? Who are you waiting for? Where are you?

 

Dara: Just.. someone.. Yah! I have to go! I’ll see you girls back at the dorm okay? Bye!

 

Dara felt like her world was crumbling, all over again. She tried to stop her tears and hide the hurt she was feeling from CL and Bom so as to not worry them. But deep inside, her already broken heart was breaking even more. Sandara, you have to stop this. You and Jiyong are done. He’s with her now. But… Can I… For one last time, I want to see him. I want to see how happy he is because if I do, maybe, I’d have a shot at finally moving on, all on my own.

 

Dara decided to go to YG. But before she left, she left something inside the gazebo, hoping that PCY will find it later. If this is still here tomorrow, then I’ll just go and wait for him again.

 

 

PARK CHANYEOL’s POV

 

 

Chanyeol got off the taxi and went straight to the park. He was hoping that she’d be there, though he knows that that’s highly unlikely. He was already near the park when he noticed someone running towards the other direction. He waited until the person was finally out of sight before entering, as he was afraid of being recognized right now.

 

Chanyeol looked around the park to check if anyone was there, though he knew that his eyes were looking for someone specific. He suddenly lost his excitement when he realized that he was alone and that she wasn’t there. He sat on the swings and reminisce what happened last night.

 

Chanyeol: (chuckles) This is the swing where Dara-sunbae sat. This is the ground she was stepping at. That (points at the gazebo) is the place where she was hiding at when she watched me.... (stopped as soon as he noticed something inside the gazebo).

 

Chanyeol went inside the gazebo and found a piece of paper tucked inside a neatly folded red jacket, his WOLF jacket. In the note was written Dara’s message for him…

 

Chanyeol: O_O OOOOH MY GOD! That… that person! (points at the other direction) The one who was running away earlier, was that……..? But.….. How? How….How did she know it was me?