Will he come find me?

My Dara-Noona's Heart

Moving on was never easy. Especially when you used to love someone so much that imagining life without him is just impossible. When you spend your time happily together for the last few years and suddenly, you wake up one day and he’s just not there anymore. Six years of being together. Six long years of hiding and protecting what we have and now it’s just, gone.

 

I still think about him, even though it’s already been a month. Seeing him at the YG building is pure torture. He can’t even look at me straightly, as if I’m the one to blame for all of this. I still remember everything that happened when we broke up..

 

Bom: Yah! Dara-ah! Look at this! Have you seen this?! (her eyes glued to her laptop screen)

 

Dara: Waeyo Bomi-ah? What is it? (starts approaching Bom)

 

Bom: (stares at her laptop screen) Ne Dara, do you know where Kwon Jiyong is at right now?!

 

Dara: Jiyongie? Isn’t he in Thailand for the CF shoot? Yeah. I think Seungri told me they’ll be in Thailand today. Why?

 

Bom: Do you know someone named Kiko? The article says she’s with Jiyong in Thailand. (shows Dara her laptop) Is she that girl, Dara? The one.. (cut-off by Dara)

 

 

Dara: The one who Jiyong was photographed dating in Japan. The one who celebrated his birthday with him. The one who.. (Dara stopped when Bom suddenly hugged her).

 

Bom: Ara.. You don’t have to talk anymore. I’m sorry Dara. You and Jiyong should talk.

 

Dara started sobbing. She knew deep inside that something was off. She felt it the moment she saw Jiyong and Kiko’s pictures. They are happy, she thought.  Jiyong used to smile like that whenever they were together before. Before he left, his smiles for her were like that. But now, his smiles are for someone else.

 

Dara: He won’t even pick up my calls. I guess he’s.. busy. Bomi-ah, what should I do?

Jiyong… I don’t want to lose Jiyong.

 

Bom: Ya! Pabo-yah? If you’re too scared of losing him then why are you not doing anything? If he won’t answer your calls, go to him. Go to Thailand, or Japan or wherever he is! Talk to him Dara. That’s the only thing you can do right now.

 

I called Seungri immediately to find out where Jiyong is. I booked the earliest flight to Thailand the next day and went straight to their hotel without calling Jiyong, he won’t answer anyway. I wasn’t thinking clearly during that moment and I just did what my heart and mind told me to do. It was as if my feet were taking me to where I needed to be. And there I saw him. He was eating breakfast with Kiko at the hotel restaurant. He looked so happy and at peace.

 

I was just there, staring at them like a sasaeng fan. I was about to approach them when someone pulled me away. It was Seungri. My tears immediately fell the moment I saw his face. He took me away, far from anyone who might recognize me, and far enough so that those two will not see me.

 

Seungri: Ya! Dara-noona?! What are you doing here? I was just talking to you at the phone last night and now, you’re here? Why? What happened? Why are you crying? (Seungri hugged Dara lightly seeing that she won’t stop crying)

 

Dara: (hitting Seungri’s chest while sobbing) Why didn’t you tell me? Of all people, Seungri-ah, why couldn’t you tell me? Why?

 

Seungri: Tell you what Noona? What are you talking about?

 

Dara: (breaks off from the hug) Don’t play dumb you pabo. I saw them. And I read the articles. (forcing herself to stop crying).

 

Seungri: Is that why you’re here Noona? To see for yourself? Jiyong-hyung and Kiko-chan are just, friends. She’s friends with everyone, ask Top-hyung.

 

Dara: (looks coldly at Seungri’s eyes) Chincha? Should I believe your words, Lee Seung Hyun?

 

Seungri knew that Dara was dead serious. Seeing that she called him by his real name, he knew that he couldn’t lie to her now, especially when she’s like this.

 

Seungri: I’m sorry Dara-noona. I think you and Jiyong-hyung should talk. Do you want me to get him now for you?

 

Dara: Ani. If he wants to talk, he’ll come find me. (Dara is leaving the hotel)

 

Seungri: Ya! Dara-noona! Where are you going? Ya!

 

Dara left the hotel and tried to get away as far as possible. She left everything in Korea to go here. She didn’t even tell Chaerin or YG-sajangnim. But at that moment, she wasn’t thinking about work at all. There was only one thing in her mind, and it was at that moment that she knew, it was over.