We Were Always a Team

My Dara-Noona's Heart

Kwon Jiyong’s POV

 

You found me, Jiyongie.. Jiyongie.. Jiyongie.. This voice kept playing and playing in my head. I was just there, staring at her. She looks beautiful even though she’s crying. This is my effect on her after nine months of not seeing each other: tears. How great Jiyong. All you did was make her cry.

 

Now that I’ve found her, and crying on top of that, I didn’t know what to say. It seems that I lost all the confidence and the swag that I have inside me. I am not G-Dragon at this moment, I’m just Jiyong. The Kwon Jiyong that loved this girl but loved another.

 

 I couldn’t help it anymore. I hugged her tightly and her warmth and the smell of her beach-kissed hair intoxicate me.

 

 

GD: I’m sorry, Dara-noona. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.

 

Dara: I forgive you, Jiyongie. We can make it. We can fix things, no, we will fix things. We can get through this together. (hugged him more tightly)

 

GD: (breaks off from the hug) I wasn’t asking for forgiveness. I.. I don’t deserve that, Da.. noona.

 

Dara: What do you mean, Jiyongie?

 

GD: Please don’t.. Don’t say that name. I.. I did things that hurt you and I made you cry when I promised you I wouldn’t. I..

 

Dara: Do you not want to start over, Ji.. Jiyong? Do you not love me anymore?

 

GD: I.. I.. I.. love.. her too.

 

Dara: I didn’t ask you if you love her. I asked you if you still love me.

 

GD: I’m sorry Noona.. I..

 

Dara: Look at me and tell me. I went here to clear things up Jiyong. I knew you were gonna find me here. I mean look at this. It’s Jeju all over again. This looks like the place where you first confessed to me, remember? I knew you were gonna find me here. That was my last hope for us, and you did. You’re here, Jiyong. I know we still have a chance.

 

Dara was going to hug Jiyong again but he moved away, his back her.

 

 

GD: That’s the funny thing Noona. (tries to smile) I was not the one who found you here, Seungri did. I..  When they were looking for you, I.. I didn’t even bother to look around here. I..

 

Dara: Jiyongie…

 

Jiyong can hear Dara’s sobs getting louder and louder. He knew she was crying behind him. He couldn’t bear to look at her because he’s too scared that she’ll see him cry.

 

Dara: Please, Jiyongie..

 

When Jiyong turned around to face her, he couldn’t bear what he’s seeing. Dara is kneeling in front of him. Begging him, crying for him. He just wanted to die in that moment. He shut his eyes closed and tears just started falling on his face too.

 

GD: (kneels down in front of her too) Please stand up Dara-noona. Don’t do this. Don’t do this for someone like me. I’m a jerk, I’m the biggest and most horrible jerk in this world. Please stand up, I’m begging you. (his eyes fixed on the floor)

 

Dara: Jiyongie, please..

 

GD:  I don’t deserve your love Noona. I already hurt you and nothing can change that anymore. Cheating on you will haunt me for the rest of my life and I couldn’t even look at you the same anymore because I will always remember this moment for the rest of my life, the moment that I broke your heart.

 

So, please Noona. I’m begging you. Stop loving a jerk like me. Don’t understand and forgive me. Because then, maybe then, I will be able to forgive myself for hurting you.

 

Dara: Look at me and tell me. Then I will go.

 

GD: I…  (looks at Dara in the eyes)  I can’t love you anymore, Dara-ssi. I’m sorry.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

Hearing those words come out from his mouth, my whole world just broke and fell apart. I can’t love you.. Dara-ssi. Everything just turned black and I didn’t know what to do anymore. I left the gazebo, leaving Jiyong there, still kneeling. 

 

Everything flashed back in my head as I was walking away from him, all our memories, both the happy and the sad ones. My mind was like showing me what it would feel like now that we’re over, now that he’s gone.

 

He was the reason why I joined YG in the first place. He was the one who saw potential in me and gave me confidence on my singing and dancing. I became Dara of 2NE1 because Jiyong found me. Since I came back to Korea, there was never a single moment where I wasn’t Jiyong’s and he wasn’t mine. We were always a team, Dara and GD, GD and Dara. But now, I’m no longer Jiyong’s.. Dara.

 

I’ll go back to Korea tonight because I don’t want to be alone right now. I already missed today’s 2NE1 schedules without even telling Chaerin or the managers. I’m seriously going to hear serious scolding from Sajangnim.

 

Ah! That’s right.  I’ll just focus all of my time on my work and our new album. Maybe I can write a song about our break up, kekeke. At least now that we’re over, I would no longer be distracted from practices and recordings. I would no longer be deprived from my sleep since I won’t have to wait for his replies and calls anymore. Right, good start Dara. Fighting!

 

 

The next day, Dara was back at 2NE1’s dorm. She arrived really late last night from her flight and when she got home, all the girls were already sleeping. She was tired anyway so she thought she could just sleep. She thought this would be easy. But even a whole day without eating anything combined with two flights in a day are still not enough to make her sleep.

 

She could smell something coming from their kitchen that’s why she went outside her room to check who’s cooking. It was Minzy. Dara was feeling uneasy on how she would tell her members about her and Jiyong’s break up. It was too much of a shock to tell them early in the morning.

 

Minzy: Oh! Good morning Dara-unnie! Pancakes with bacon. You want some?

 

Dara: Yes please, Minji-ah. Thank you.

 

CL and Bom also went to get some breakfast on the kitchen.

 

CL: Oh Dara-unnie, good morning. Do you want coffee, or hot chocolate? I’ll make some for you.

 

Bom: Omo, Chaerin-ah. Give her green tea! Every girl with a broken heart must be soothed with tea first thing in the morning.

 

CL and Minzy: Yah! Bom-unnie! Shut up!

 

Bom: Waeyo? What did I say?

 

Dara: Hahahaha! You girls, come here and give me a hug. You girls are the best. (group hug) I’m okay. You don’t have to do things to make me feel better. I’m fine. And how did you girls even know?

 

CL: Bom-unnie guessed it. And judging from your panda eyes, I guess she’s right.

 

Bom: Chincha? Are you really okay? You look like you haven’t slept in days with that face.

 

Dara: I’m really fine. Thank you for worrying, and for understanding that I had to miss out our fan signing yesterday. Sorry, Chaerin-ah. I wasn’t able to call you. I’ll go explain to Sajangnim later.

 

Bom: Since you’re already fine, come on now, spill. What happened in Thailand?

 

CL and Minzy: Yah, unnie!

 

Minzy: You’re not supposed to ask her that. They broke up just yesterday. Be discreet and give her time. I’m sure Dara-unnie will tell us when she’s ready. Right, unnie?

 

Dara: Aigoo, look at this Bomi-ah. Even the maknae is more mature than you are. Hahaha!

 

The girls laughed and made fun of Bom all throughout breakfast. They were having a good time when their official YG phone line rang.

 

Dara felt nervous. This is the direct line from the President’s office and everytime this phone rings, they knew, it’s either to congratulate them about something, or someone messed up and needs to be reprimanded. She knew it was the latter.

 

Dara: Aiyoo, don’t be scared. I’ll do it. (approaches the phone). Hello Sajangnim. Good morning….. Yes…. Ne….  I understand. De.. I’ll be there in an hour.. Yes.. Thank you, sajangnim..

 

CL: What did he say?

 

Dara: (shocked and scared) I… I was..

 

Bom: What? What happened?

 

Dara: Some… someone took a photo of me on Thailand’s airport last night.