On White Gazebos and Guitar Strums

My Dara-Noona's Heart

I told them, Dara.

 

Dara got shocked at the sight of this person in front of her. Why is he back? How come he’s here? Would that mean..that.. he’s back in Korea too? Dara’s eyes averted to the door behind the guy in front of her.

 

Taeyang: Aiyoo. Don’t worry. I came alone. And in case you’re wondering, he’s still in Japan, wrapping some things up before he comes home.

 

Seeing Taeyang in front of her very own eyes, thoughts of Jiyong, which she momentarily forgot by spending time with Mino, slowly made their way back into Dara’s head. I think you meant SOMEONE, not something. She then thought of how she would react when she sees Jiyong a week from now. For sure, seeing him will be inevitable, especially now that they’ll be preparing for their comeback. 

 

Dara: Yah!! I.. I did not… I didn’t ask!

 

Taeyang: Oh come on, you know you wanted to! Arasseo.. I won’t say anything anymore. Mian!

 

Hye Sun: Come on, sit down kids. Let’s just eat first okay?

 

Everyone had a hearty dinner and had a good time, especially Dara. She looked at her friends and got somewhat teary-eyed that even after everything, she knows that she still have these people to count on. Even though Jiyong was the one who introduced her to this group, still, even without him, she felt like she still belonged. Dara looked at her friends. Everybody was there, Se7en, Hanbyul, Donghae, Taeyang, Hye Sun. Everybody but one.

 

Taeyang: Dara-ya, can we talk outside for a while? (Dara agreed and followed Taeyang outside)

 

Dara: What is it Youngbae-ah? Ya! If you want to talk about him, I still… (cut-off by Taeyang)

 

Taeyang: I’m sorry, Dara. For not telling you. I know its kinda too late but I just.. I just wanted you to know that I’m really sorry. Very sorry.

 

Dara knew that Taeyang was seriously sorry. She realized that he knew about Kiko all along, but chose not to tell her because Jiyong is his best friend.

 

Dara: Ya, don’t worry about it. I understand.. I mean, I understand that you had to do that for him. It’s not your fault that….that I’m not good enough.. (Dara starts to cry silently, tears falling down on her face)

 

Taeyang: Oh sh*t.. Don’t cry noona. I.. I’m so sorry.. Please don’t put yourself down because he.. Ahhh! Stop crying Sandara Park! Jebahl!

 

Dara: I.. I even begged him, Youngbae-ah. But he.. he.. he told me he can’t.. He can’t love me anymore.

 

Taeyang: Gaawd. How can I be so awful at making women stop crying? (thinks to himself) Arasseo.. Sit down, noona. And just tell me. Tell me everything.

 

Dara told Taeyang everything she was hiding in her heart. All the remaining tears that she haven’t cried yet, all the remaining feelings that she haven’t told anyone yet. Taeyang was one of Jiyong and Dara’s conjugal property. He’s his best friend and he’s hers too. After their heart to heart talk, Dara was feeling a lot better and a lot lighter.

 

Taeyang: Come on Dara, I’ll take you home. Wait for me here, okay. I’ll just say goodbye to the others.

 

When Taeyang came back outside, Dara was already nowhere to be found. Instead, he found a note under Dara’s wine glass left on a bench outside.

 

“Thanks Youngbae-ah. I feel much better now. And sorry too but I want to be alone right now. See you at the base. –D

 

P.S. I met yours and Jiyong’s kid at YG earlier kekeke”

 

Taeyang: Aiyoo this ahjumma. Where could she have gone? Everyone knows she can’t drink wine. Aish.. (goes back inside to alert everyone to look for Dara)

 

Dara was feeling really good and a little tipsy too, after talking with Teayang earlier. She decided to walk for a bit before driving home since she can’t drive at her current state anyway. Dara kept walking and walking, until she found this white gazebo located at the center of a neighborhood park. Aish. What is it with gazebos and me? Seriously? But she went anyway.

 

Being tipsy and all, Dara didn’t know what she was doing nor did she know where she is. She roamed around the park for a while, trying to get over her tipsiness when a guitar strum got her full attention. The music coming from the guitar was so spot on and she knew that whoever was playing was a skilled guitarist. She became interested and she followed the music, which led her to this person playing on one of the swings at the playground.

 

Dara looked at the back of figure observantly, trying to figure out whether it’s a boy or a girl. Ah, it’s a boy. He was wearing a cap backwards but Dara can’t see the boy’s face clearly. She can only see his features from behind. He had a broad back and judging from his figure, he seemed quite tall. He has elf ears, she thought.

 

Dara listened intently to the boy and the song that he was playing was something she never heard before. She was so amazed at his talent and she clapped her hands and cheered for the boy after the song. This got the boy’s attention and he immediately looked at her with shock in his face.

 

Dara: Omo! I’m sorry, did I scare you? It’s just that.. Wow! You’re amazing. Your hands! How do you do that? Wow! (Dara approached the boy as she sat on the swing next to him)

 

Boy: Ohhh. Umm.. Thank you so… (he suddenly stopped at the shock of Dara’s face becoming much clearer as she sat next to him)….. ohhhhh…… Are you……. Oh no! Oh God! Oh am I dreaming? Ohhhh… Are you real? Are you really here?

 

Dara: Ne. Say, can you teach me how to play guitar? I really reaaaaally want to learn. (touches the boy’s hand out of nowhere)

 

Boy: Omo. You’re… You’re real. You’re really here, beside me. You’re… You’re Sandara Park of 2NE1!

 

Dara danced and sang ‘Fire’ as she heard the word 2NE1. Eh eh eh eh eh, eh eh eh 2NE1! What’s up we 2NE1! I’m the fresh vocal and visual of the group, Sandara Park imnida! Her cute action made the boy laugh but he soon realized that something was strange about her. She was talking about different things all at once, her cat, her siblings, singing, G-dragon, 2NE1, YG, meeting someone’s baby, etc. She was overly happy and excited at one point and then will become sad the next moment. And it was then that he realized that she was drunk.

 

The boy didn’t know what to do about Dara. He knew that he had to take her home seeing as it was already too late to let a girl, a really beautiful one and an idol at that, to go home by herself. He was debating by himself on what he should do when he noticed that the girl he was worried about was sleeping by herself on the swing. He smiled at the sight he’s seeing. She was toooo cute. He couldn’t help himself so he took a picture of her sleeping and set it as his wallpaper.

 

He took off the jacket he was wearing and put it on the petite girl’s back. He carried the girl on his back and his guitar in front then started to walk away from the gazebo area when he remembered, Oh shoot! I don’t know where she lives. What do I do now? Aish.. Since it was already too late for him to call anyone, and he didn’t want to bring her somewhere public where anyone can see her, he decided to bring her at the YG Building where he knew she could be safer.

 

Upon arriving at the building, he immediately alerted the receptionist and the security to kindly contact 2NE1’s managers to tell them about the situation. He explained that she fell asleep on a park near his house and he decided to bring her here since he didn’t know where Dara lives.

 

Boy: (to the receptionist) Are you sure she’s going to be safe here? Please take her to a comfortable place and give her a warm blanket. She’s also kind of drunk so please give her hangover soup in the morning. And.. well.. if she asked.. I don’t know if she will but just in case she did..

 

Receptionist: Do you want to leave your name with me so she could come thank you later?

 

Boy: Oh.. No.. That’s not what I mean.. I.. Well.. Aish. Just make sure she’s alright, please?

 

Receptionist: Of course, she’s family. Why are you so concerned anyway? Jamkkanman, aren’t you… You are! You’re…

 

Boy: Shhhhh..! I’ll leave now then. Just.. tell her… Just.. Uhm.. Please don’t tell her I brought her here. I wouldn’t want her to feel uncomfortable… around me. And please, pretend you didn’t see me here. Or else, I’ll be dead tomorrow. Please, please?

 

Receptionist: Arasseo! But if she asks me I can’t lie okay? Now go, before the managers see you.

 

Boy: Thank you so much! (immediately left after seeing Dara being carefully assisted towards the elevators)

 

Receptionist: Aiyooo. That little fanboy. I know he wanted me to tell her hahaha! I’ll just leave it here then.

 

The receptionist left a post-it note at the back of Dara’s phone.

 

    010913 01:43 AM 

    PCY