Chapter Five

The New Manager

-


 

 

Yifan sighed, he felt his head still ache, his body felt hurt all over and he was hungry. He slowly opened his eyes, his bed side lamp was on as well as his air conditioner.

Jongin brought him before, right? He kind of regret not saying yes to the younger's offer to call someone to take care of him.

"God..." the manager groaned.

"Are you okay?"

Yifan froze, "Who..." he turned to his other side and found Suho was sitting on his desk. The smaller man was frowning as he stood up and walked to him.

"Do you need help? Want to eat? I made some food for you."

"I..." Yifan still couldn't believe Suho was there on his room. He blinked his eyes, the memory of him meeting Suho on the elevator finally came. "Do I have medicine?"

"Yeah. You need to eat first, though."

"Okay. Help me sit up first, will you?"

Suho helped Yifan to sat up, leaning into pillows he arranged. He walked outside the room and come back after a minute bringing tray of food and water.

"Here you go. Do you need help to eat?"

"No, thank you." Yifan smiled weakly. He ate his food slowly, his hand felt weak but he didn't want the smaller help who was watching for him, somehow made him nervous.

Suho gave the medicine to the manager and brought the dishes to the kitchen and washed it. After he finished he went back to the manager's room, seeing Yifan still on his previous position with his eyes closed. "Kris-ssi?"

"Hmm?"

"You should change your clothes."

Yifan opened his eyes and stared down to his body, he sighed. "I'm fine."

"If you need help--"

"I do. But I don't want to." the manager cut. His eyes met with Suho and he felt guilty for cutting the smaller man. Suho looked scared for a moment, he was standing up, not sure of what to do.

"You should go back and take a rest." Yifan suggested.

"I can't. Kai-ssi will come tomorrow to check on you. I don't want him to get mad at me." Suho answered.

"But you have to sleep tonight." Yifan parted his lips, wanting to offer his bed but closed it back as he remembered he was the sick one. "I'm sorry you have to take the sofa."

Suho chuckled, "I'm okay. No need to worry. I will go outside then, call me if you need any help, Kris-ssi. Do you want me to left the door open?"

"Yeah."

"Good night, then." Suho bowed to the manager before he walked out, and left the door opened like Yifan wanted to.

Yifan looked up to the ceiling, closing his eyes for a moment as he his lips. "Great, now I owe him again."


 





Yifan felt light shake in his body, he groaned, mumbling that he still wanted to sleep before the shake become harsher.

"Hyung, you need to eat first."

Yifan turned his head, sleepy eyes opened slightly to see Jongin smiling to him. "Jongin-ah..."

"How are you feeling?"

"Have to go to work."

"I won't let you, though."

"I know... I can't move anyway. Will you be a good dongsaeng and read the reports to--ouch! Hey! Sick person here!" Yifan whined, rubbing his arm that Jongin just slapped.

"Stop for a moment, will you? Do you want me to call your mother to make her go all away here just because she's worried of you?"

Yifan shook his head, pressing his mouth tight.

"Good. Now eat the food first. Suho made it for you. He's back to work already, don't forget to say thank you to him." Jongin helped Yifan sat up, the taller groaned as he felt like continue sleeping but his stomach was growling that it made him embarrassed when Jongin laughed.

Yifan ate while Jongin focus on his phone reading something that made the older curious. "Won't you share it to me what you're seeing?"

"Huh?"

Yifan pointed at Jongin's phone and the younger smiled. "It's Kyungsoo. He's telling me about this client that drove him crazy."

"I thought it's about work. You looked serious."

"Do I look serious? Well, I trained myself not to smile like an idiot every time I read his message. Baekhyun told me I look stupid and disgust by it." Jongin shrugged.

"Had Suho worked in the kitchen? His foods are so delicious...or maybe I'm just hungry..." Yifan put down the empty plate and drank his medicine.

"Nope."

"I hate it that I owe him again. Yesterday he didn't want me to buy him anything, how weird is he, people usually likes free stuffs." Yifan fixed his position, finding the comfortable one and smiled, patting his stomach a little.

"What happened yesterday?" Jongin put down his phone.

"I thought he told you about it? He went to you after he went out with me at lunch."

Jongin snapped his finger, "That's why he's gone!"

"Didn't he came to you? I thought he wanted to apologize and told you where he went." Yifan checked on his phone to see any new email or message but before he could do it Jongin already took it from his hand. "Jongin!"

"No phone till this evening, hyung."

The taller rolled his eyes, "You sounded like an over worried girlfriend just now..."

"I don't care, hyung. I hate seeing people sick because they forgot to take care of themselves." Jongin put Yifan's phone down to the table, the taller not trying to take it back as he didn't want to argue with the younger.

"So, why you searched for him yesterday?" Yifan asked out of curiosity.

"There's an empty spot in the events department. I want him to move there but he said he will think of it." Jongin bit his lips, "I'm sure he won't accept it somehow..."

"I told you to blackmail him." Yifan closed his eyes, apologizing inside if he will get sleep in the middle of talking with the younger.

"I can't do that, I told you already. Why don't you asked him, hyung? Maybe he will try to really think of it, he seems like he's fond of you."

"Yeah, he said how he's envy of me and I'm confused as why. It seems like he likes my manager title or something..."

Jongin sighed, "He did have a bad experience with that bastard..."

Yifan opened his eyes, seeing Jongin's scowl, gritting his teeth like he wanted to punched someone, anything really. "What bastard?"

"The old manager. He was father's friend's son. Some thirty something years old man who's ert and dirty and all those stuff a disgusting person has. He molested some of our staffs, Suho was one of them. If it's not because of him then we wouldn't know, he threated others he will fire them if they said a words."

Yifan shivered, imagining some old man touching Suho. He felt his inside burnt a little, the pale man must felt so disgusted with it. "Is that why you took care of him more? Because of what he did that you found out the old manager was some...trash?"

Jongin smiled, "You can say that."

"I wonder why he doesn't want to take higher position."

"You can ask him that. Please tell him to think of my offer. We want the best for our employees, aren't we?" Jongin smiled, he stared at his phone for a moment before he shifted to Yifan. "But you have to sleep first. I will be working outside, don't you dare doing things except from sleeping. I will bring your phone with me too."

Yifan rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Jongin-ah..." he smiled at Jongin who took his phone and brought the dishes out, feeling his heart full for the moment at the attention he missed. His mother used to do that to him, and two or three of his past boyfriends.

The manager stared at the ceiling for a moment, imagining his life if he got married, the benefit he will get from it.

"Maybe it wasn't a bad idea..."



 






Yifan felt good the next day. His body felt light, he felt like smiling and greeting every employee he meets and especially, he felt like swimming. He used to swim in his father's hotels when the night time came when there wasn't many guests. He already imagined feeling his body under the water, enjoying watching the stars and enjoyed his life for a moment.

Maybe he should asked Jongin and his friends to join him? It will be fun to play with them without thinking of stress he got from works.

Time went by fast that it's almost evening when Yifan finished his works. He yawned and stretched on his seat. A smile grazing his lips as he closed maps on his desk and turned off his computer. Jongin came earlier to check if he had lunch and he told him about his plan. The younger sounded excited, telling him that he will invite his friends.

The manager put on his jacket again, taking his phone with key before walking out of the room. He locked the door and turned around, walking to the the elevator when he saw Tao walked to the same direction.

"Tao!"

The said man turned his face and stopped when he saw Yifan. He smiled, nodding to the manager and waited for him in front of the elevator. "Kris hyung. Finish for the day already?"

"Yeah. I got sick tomorrow so I tried not to work too hard today."

"That's too bad. You're better now, right?"

"A lot. I'm going to the swimming pool tonight." Yifan said with a grin. "Do you want to come along?"

"Eh?" Tao widen his eyes.

"Kai will be there too, and some of his friends. Kind of like small party actually."

"That sounds nice. But I have shift tomorrow morning, hyung. I have to rest tonight." Tao smiled sadly.

"Ah, that's too bad."

"Yes. Thank you for the offer, though, hyung. I can't believe you ask someone like me to come." Tao smiled.

Yifan raised his eyebrows. "Someone like you?"

Tao still had smile on his lips, his facial expression was somehow gentle as he nodded. "Someone like me who people look down on. We're just normal employee hyung, you're on a different level with us. But you're different, we knew it the moment we met you. That's why just by receiving your invitation makes me happy even when I can't and won't come."

Yifan stated at the younger man silently. He never thought of it before. The employees on his father hotels never knew he was the owner's son. They felt like they're obligated when Yifan asked for a company, he knew it as they saw him as a guest and thought of it as their job. It was different in here as he had Jongin and some of his friends.

"You make me want to invite all of you to take a moment off from works." Yifan said.

Tao laughed at that, his body bent down a little as he held his stomach. "God, you're such an interesting person, Kris hyung! No wonder they talked about you so much."

The elevator came and both tall men went inside, Tao still had this smile on his face while Yifan watched for the younger who had dark circles under his eyes.

"Do they talk highly of me?" asked Yifan.

"They are." Tao smiled. He saw the expression on the manager's face, a one of discomfort and it made him step closer, hand on the older man's arm. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just... It suddenly adds burden to me. Like I have to do a good job. I never felt like this before, how people like me so much and how they keep talking about it. Are they really...I mean, is it genuine or they do it because they want something in return?"

Tao rubbed the manager's arm, smiling gently to him. "As far as I know, most of them really do like you. I know some people who are not good but hey, I think they're too busy with work to think of you, hyung."

Yifan sighed, tapping his foot twice before nodding. "You're right. I suddenly worried about it. I hope they stop, though. It makes me feel like I'm being watch or something."

"You are being watch, but that's because they're scared of you."

Yifan smiled, Tao's words was what he wanted to hear and he suddenly remember his best friend. He missed Yixing, the angel like man who always smiling and his dimple that Yifan liked to poke when the shorter man was talking yet the man never felt angry. The manager always went to him whenever he had trouble and Yixing never failed in making Yifan smiled in the end.

"I miss my friend." he suddenly said.

"What?" Tao frowned, tilting his head at the random statement.

Yifan chuckled, he patted the younger man's back, "Thank you, Tao. You remind me of him, that's why I suddenly want to see him. I need to call him after this."

Tao grinned, "I hope it's a good thing."

"It is. Thanks once again." Yifan smiled. The elevator doors were opened, both men turned their heads to the front.

"I will see you soon, Kris hyung."

"Yeah, see you--oh!"

Tao stopped, blinking his eyes as he waited for Yifan.

"Come to my office later, I think I can help you to help Kai's friend's wedding."

Tao widened his eyes, "Wedding..."

"I got you a job, Tao."

Tao couldn't contain his excitement, he leaped forward and hugged Yifan, shocking the slight taller man but he laughed.

"You're the best, Kris Hyung!!"



Knowing many employees weren't bad, especially those who were nice and those Yifan could help. He felt this accomplishment inside, something that he never felt before in his previous jobs at his father's hotel. Yifan though that he might be able to survive for another month.

He still wasn't sure about the rest of the year, though.
 

 

 

 


A/N: by the way, please tell me if I have grammar mistakes as it helps me improve my english. and I reaaaally want to make friends as I currenly have zero friend who likes exo hha. please add me as friend or send me message so we can talk about krisho, or maybe talk about other things? hha. Thank you for reading, leaving comments, and subscribe, I love you all so much ^^~