Chapter Sixteen

The New Manager

-


 

 

Junmyeon was watching the pool from his sunlounge. He sighed as he recalled the time he dropped a drink on a guest and apologized. It's not the first time he did that. He did that more than once, maybe around ten? Half of the guests made him got scolded but he's okay. He knew he will get that kind of treatment to the Kings or Queens--that's how they call the guests.

He chuckled remembering that he blushed when he realized he touched a stranger's body without even looking at the owner's face. Sure, he met many handsome guests, but touching a man's body was a first for him.

It's surprising to him when he found out the man was the new manager. Having a bad experience with the previous manager, Junmyeon couldn't believe that someone as young as handsome as Kris became the new manager. He heard the story from his brother, how he met Kris for the first time. He was angry that Jongin didn't tell him earlier as he could avoid the embarrassment when he realized the manager might had a bad impression on him.

Kris turned out to be nice and Junmyeon could almost forgot the incident with the ex manager. He couldn't believe someone who had higher rank than him offered to have a lunch together. People from upper rank was usually never the type to spend their time with someone with lower position. Except for Jongin who's famous on his hotel for being a friendly boss.

It wasn't hard to develop a feeling towards the new manager. That one time he felt so helpless and let himself cried in front of the tall man was an experience he will never forget. He never imagined the manager will be that nice. It felt so good to have someone cared for him other than his family but he dismissed the small spark inside of him.

The amount of their meetings were inevitable and without realizing, Junmyeon fell hard for the manager. He was not sure when exactly he started to had feelings for Kris but one day he just felt weird when he didn't see the manager. Recalling it again that one time he got jealous over Tao was kind of embarassing, how he already felt like Kris was his when the truth that the manager didn't even realize how important he's for Junmyeon.






"Jun?"

Junmyeon turned his head, smiling when Kris was walking to him before taking a seat beside him.

"Hey." Junmyeon clinged to the taller man, smiling to himself that his body reacted before he could think of what to do.

"I think the others ditched us again." Kris sighed, his breath touching Junmyeon's cheek and the smaller shivered. He won't tell his boyfriend how his words or gentle touches could do so much to his heart.

"It's okay. I prefer just both of us anyway."

Kris hummed. "Wanna race?" he tilted his head to kissed Junmyeon's forehead as the smaller nodded.

"Usual bet?"

"Yup."





Kris won and it's the nth time already but Junmyeon didn't care that he lost and that he had to go the pantry and asked his friend to make something for the manager.

Kris didn't tell him to hurry up like usual, saying how hungry he was. He pulled Junmyeon and kissed him on the corner of the pool, lips moving slowly, tasting the smaller lips, tracing the shaped with his tongue. The taller raised his hand to cupped Junmyeon's cheek. He felt water on his finger but he didn't pay attention until he felt a hand on his chest, a way for Junmyeon to make Kris stop.

"Jun? Why--" Kris paused after he opened his eyes. Junmyeon was smiling but he had tears on his cheeks. Kris wiped it with his thumb, another hand was under the water staying put on Junmyeon's waist. "Junmyeon, what's wrong?"

Junmyeon shook his head, pressing his body to the manager and sniffed. "Nothing. I'm just happy..."

"You're not suppose to cry, Jun." Kris pecked the smaller head and rubbed his back.

Junmyeon hummed. "Thank you, Kris. I really really love you."

Kris gently pushed the smaller, leaning down to kissed Junmyeon. He grazed their lips together before adding pressure. The smaller sighed into the kiss, hand went up to the taller hair, grabbing it lightly when Kris inserted his tongue.

As much as Junmyeon loved initiate a kiss, he preferred it more when Kris' the one doing it. The way he kissed was different, it's a mix between want yet a little hint of scared that they went too far as he said that he was afraid he won't be able to control himself.

"Jun..." Kris whispered on Junmyeon's lips, trailing his lips to the smaller cheek, and down to the chin before stopping at his neck. He parted his lips, biting on the skin as Junmyeon's hand tightened on his hair.

"Yifan..."

"My future wife...I love you..." Kris whispered with a chuckled, making Junmyeon opened his eyes which he didn't notice he closed.

"Yifan..."

Kris pulled away to smirked. "You like my gift, right?"

Junmyeon nodded eagerly as he took a deep breath. He pecked the taller before giving his usual smile. "I love it a lot, Yifan. But please, don't do it again next time..."

The taller grinned, rubbing his hand on the smaller's back. "Did you see my father? He got teary eyes, Jun. He's so happy that I finally will get married."

Junmyeon smiled recalling the event earlier that day.





Junmyeon barged inside Kris' office, not bothering to knock and shocking the manager who looked at him with large eyes.

"Jun?"

"Jongin is free." was what came from Junmyeon's lips. He walked to his boyfriend and hugged him from the side, the manager had frown on his forehead, patting the smaller head.

"Uh...what do you mean?"

"I'm going to replace him." Junmyeon grinned, eyes turned into pairs of crescents.

"Oh, the date is settled?"

"Next month. I can't believe that I'm feeling excited like this! Jongin had been whining for a week waiting for father's decision. He couldn't wait to come back to his dance troupe!"

"I see..." Kris pulled his boyfriend so the smaller could sit on his lap. "The time is perfect then. I have an early gift for you."

"A gift?"

Kris hummed, hand swiping the bangs on Junmyeon's forehead. "Yeah. My father's coming today. I'm going to introduce you to him."

Junmyeon blinked his eyes. Once, twice. He tilted his head to the side, "What?"

"I will tell him that you're going to be my future wife." Kris chuckled.






Mr. Wu was only half shocked hearing the news from his son. He said he realized something the last time they came and he smiled proudly as he got some obvious hints, teasing his son how he forgot the lesson he taught to him as to not show what he felt. Kris shook his head while Junmyeon stared at Mr. Wu, still in a daze that he got permission from his boyfriend's father. Mr. Wu hugged Junmyeon before he go back, a gentle look on his eyes that made Junmyeon relax and gave his pretty smile. Junmyeon knew he will be fine.

Junmyeon called his father that and it turned out his father already knew the news. While listening to his father, how he's proud of him, how happy he's that his son was in a relationship, the smaller stared at the manager who grinned and he guessed that Kris was the one who gave the news to his father. Junmyeon felt something lifted up from his shoulders as his eyes started to sting. Kris saw this and went to the smaller, having one hand on Junmyeon's waist. Junmyeon hummed listening to his father. After a moment he finally bid his goodbye and promised to bring Kris next time on a dinner.






"So...when will I meet your father?" Kris stuffed his mouth with the food as Junmyeon ate slowly.

"Next week, maybe? Why are you so eager, it's so not you." the smaller scrunched his nose.

"I want to plan out how to impress your parents."

"Yifan, they love you already. I mean, father choose you to take care of his hotel, he trusts you so you don't have to plan anything." Junmyeon tilted his head, "You might need to avoid making my mother like you."

"Why?" Kris sipped his drink, eyes staring at Junmyeon who pursed his lips.

"She...how should I say this?" Junmyeon swiped his still wet bangs, not liking how it sticked to his forehead. "You should ask Kyungsoo. He suffered for a moment after Jongin introduced him."

"Any tips?"

"Don't smile too much."




 






Junmyeon pouted hard beside his brother as his mother monopolize his boyfriend. His father even joined, complimenting Yifan for his work at the hotel and how he could make Junmyeon fell for him. Kyungsoo whispered something to Jongin, about how glad he was for not being a victim but at the same time pitied the manager. Kris didn't look uncomfortable thought, he showered Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim with his gummy smiles and polite answers and Junmyeon felt like flipping a table.

The oldest Kim told his boyfriend already not to get close to his family. They had been waiting for Junmyeon to open himself to someone and he knew Kris will get many attentions. Jongin who never brought someone to their house bring Kyungsoo suddenly and his mother cried. Kyungsoo was so worried that time, wondering if he did something as Jongin calming down his mother. Junmyeon and Jongin's mother was a sensitive woman, she easily got sad or happy in a minute. Junmyeon didn't want his mother to be fond of Yifan as he knew his mother will ask many question, digging information as Junmyeon had never shared what he's feeling since couple of years back.

"Hyung, it's okay. Yifan hyung can reason out that he's busy." Jongin smiled to his brother.

"Don't you remember that one time she came to Kyungsoo's workplace?" Junmyeon glared at his brother who leaned back to his boyfriend.

"Maybe I shouldn't say anything?" Jongin said to his boyfriend who nodded.

"Yeah. Don't. Just let him be. Yifan hyung needs to know what I felt anyway."

Junmyeon was bored watching for his boyfriend. He sighed, deciding to washed the dishes, asking help from Jongin to help him bring it. He stayed on the kitchen, humming while washing the dirty plates, hoping the time will go fast so he could talk with his boyfriend again.

"Myeonnie?"

Junmyeon turned his head, seeing his mother smiling to him from the door. "Yeah?"

His mother came to him, hugging him from behind for a moment before giving a peck on his cheek, making the son chuckled. "What is it, mom?"

"I like Yifan."

"Well, it's obvious..." Junmyeon rolled his eyes as his mother had one hand on his hair, absentmindedly playing with it.

"I like how your eyes sparkles in jealousy when me and your father talk to him."

Junmyeon felt his cheeks became hot but he didn't say a word. He knew his mother could see it as he heard a giggled coming from the beautiful woman who's slightly shorter than her. Junmyeon always envy his brother who got his traits from their father, the only resemblances Jongin had with his mother was his smile and his friendly personality. Junmyeon looked almost the same with his mother and he always got compliment at how pretty he was since he's a child.

"Tell me, Myeonnie. What did he do to make you fall for him?" his mother tilted her head, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"He cares for me. When I think all of you lost hope in me, he's there. He held me and said that I'm important, that all of you love me and will never disappoint in me even if I made many mistakes." Junmyeon cleared his throat, remembering the first time Kris held him. It was weird how he let someone touched him like that yet he felt save, like everything will really be okay.

"He loves me as an employee, mom. He didn't know that I'm Jongin's brother and he...I'm not sure exactly how, but I like it when I see him smiling to me. I like how he pays attention to me despite being that busy. He loves his job so much and seeing him work hard makes me happy. I know when he love someone he will give his all to that person and I want to become that person. I want him to love me." Junmyeon turned his head to see his mother was crying and he widened his eyes.

"M-mother!" He washed his hand and dries it quickly before wiping the tears falling on his mother's cheek. She was smiling and laughed seeing the panic on Junmyeon's face.

"You love him that much, hmm?" his mother whispered tenderly.

"I do..." Junmyeon smiled. His mother's hands went up to cover his hands. "I want him just for myself, mom."

"Congratulations, honey. I know you will find someone. I believe in you. We all believe in you. You just need to gain more confidence, you can do it, Junmyeonnie."






Junmyeon shivered when the night wind came, hands wrapping around himself as he stared at the dark sky. No moon nor stars tonight that he felt slightly disappointed.

"Jun."

Junmyeon smiled hearing the familiar voice. He waited until he felt presence behind him, and the long arms that he loved wrapped on his small body, a grin creeping on his lips. Kris put his chin on his shoulder, asking why he called him to his garden.

"Just want to talk with you alone." Junmyeon whispered. "Kris?"

"Hmm?"

"I told you not to smile too much. Look what you've done to my parents." Junmyeon leaned his head back to Kris' chest, wanting to slap his boyfriend hand on his stomach but it came too light and felt like a pat to Kris.

"It's okay. I like them. They're such a warm family. I wonder why you still feel insecure having them around." Kris took Junmyeon's hands, holding it and rubbing his thumb on the cold skin.

"You know me..." Junmyeon shrugged.

"But you promised me, Jun. No more breaking down this time, okay?"

Junmyeon bit his lips for a moment. He couldn't promise that. Couple of weeks before his boyfriend forced him to say it, telling him that he will get a punishment the next time he let his mind filled with negative thoughts. "I will try my best."

"Just do it. Don't think of anything, just enjoy it, Jun."

Junmyeon hummed, nodded slightly as he took a step forward, making Kris' hold on him loosen. He turned his body, facing his tall boyfriend. Kris was handsome. He loved it when Kris let his hair fell down naturally, covering his brows which made him less serious. He lifted his hand to Kris' cheek, poking it with his finger. "Thank you for staying at our hotel, Wu Yifan."

Kris laughed, shaking his head lightly, giving his gummy smile that made Junmyeon's heart fluttered. "Thank you for understanding this workaholic man, Kim Junmyeon."

Junmyeon grinned back. He jumped on his boyfriend's chest, startling the taller who put his arms around him. "God, I love you so much. Can't wait for us to get married." he stared up to look at his boyfriend. "Have you ask permission from father?"

Kris parted his lips, brows furrowed suddenly. "Ah. That. Yeah, I did. It's kind of easy that it surprised me."

"Really? What did he say?"

"Make sure to take care of you. He didn't say anything more. We talked about my job after which was weird..."

"He didn't say much to Kyungsoo either. He likes to watch from afar."

"I see...your mother was so eager though. Already planning about the date and all." Kris widened his eyes when Junmyeon gasped.

"She did what!?"

"Uhh...the wedding date? You do remember about it right?"

Junmyeon gulped, "I do. It's just...that fast? I mean, I still want to enjoy dating you, you know." he pouted, not liking how his mother hadn't told him about it.

"We still can do that, Jun."

"But it's different, Yifan. When it comes to marriage we can't enjoy our time especially when we have ba--" Junmyeon suddenly stopped himself.



Babies...



The smaller suddenly blushed, hiding his face on his boyfriend chest. He was thinking too early. Baby? He still need to get used to his new job, he won't have time to baby for the moment.

"What? What did you want to say?" Yifan patted Junmyeon's bum, flinching the smaller man before he looked up to glare at him boyfriend. "Sorry."

"Babies. I wanted to say babies but no, that won't happen in near time."

Kris blinked his eyes. "You don't want to have babies with me? I can imagine little Jun running around and make mess in our new house."

The mental image came to Junmyeon's head and the smaller shook his head. "No, no, no! Too fast! I need to do my job first, and you too!"

Kris pressed his lips, holding his laugh seeing the way Junmyeon blushed endearingly. "We will do a lot of baby making, Jun." He leaned down to whisper, "I'm not sure I can hold myself later."

Junmyeon shut his eyes, squirming on Kris hold as the taller laughed out loud.

"You're so adorable!"

"You tease!" Junmyeon mumbled, slapping Kris' chest couple of time.

"I want a daughter, Jun. I've always wanted one, she will look beautiful, like you and your mother."

Junmyeon lifted his head, staring at Kris gentle smile and warm orbs. "I never knew you like kids."

"Well, not many people know. It's kind of weird for someone like me to like kids, don't you think?"

"No..." Junmyeon pecked Kris on the lips. "I think it's lovely. And I'm sure you will be a great father."

"You will be a great mother to our kids too." Kris replied him back with a peck.

"Our kids..."

"Yes, our kids. I can't wait..." Kris closed his eyes and leaned down, pressing his lips into Junmyeon's who hummed.

A boy with gummy smiled came to Junmyeon closed eyes. The boy was holding a girl's hand who grinned, eyes forming a pairs of crescents.

Junmyeon smiled at the images on his head.



Babies didn't sound bad at all.



He couldn't wait to make his own family with the person he loved,



"I love you, manager-nim."



The New Manager.

 

 

 


 

A/N : I'm sorry this took so long. The draft was there since two weeks ago I guess but I have a hard time to edit it, wanting to make it longer but not at the same time. Thank you for all lovely readers who comments, upvoting, subsricing, especially enjoying this story. I love you all, hope to see you soon in new story ^^~ *hugs&loves*