Chapter Thirteen

The New Manager

-


 

 

Yifan woke up on his office. There's a blanket surrounding his body and he wondered if it's Suho who did it, making a lazy smile formed on his lips. He groaned when he sat up though, his back cracking and it hurted a little bit. He stood up and made little stretching when the door of his office suddenly opened, Jongin raised his eyebrows seeing the manager moving his body like some kind of old man.

"What are you doing?" Jongin said as he closed the door.

"My back hurts..." Yifan scrunched his nose when another sound of cracking came.

"Need help?"

"Huh?"

"Here, sit on the floor."

"Err..." Yifan gave a suspicious look to Jongin who rolled his eyes but still move his body.

"Ready?" Jongin went to the manager's back, putting both his hands on the older back.

"What do you mean by--Aarrggghhh!!"

"You're so stiff, hyung. You need to exercise more. Don't you go to the gym regulary?" Jongin pressed his knee on Yifan's back, the older groaning hard.

"Jo-jongin-ah..."

"Wait a minute..."

Jongin finally let go of the older who breath hard like he just ran a mile, the younger flopped himself to the couch. "Why are you here so early by the way?"

"I slept here." Yifan threw himself to the carpeted floor, eyes staring into the ceiling and the image of last night came to him. "How's your brother?"

"In a good mood I guess. He came to me looking like he a child getting his favorite toy."

"You look like that when you're with Kyungsoo."

"Hyung!" whined the younger.

Yifan stood up, searching for his jacket and found it on his chair. He took it as he walked to the door, turning to the younger who's blinking his eyes. "Get out. I need to take a shower."

"Ewww!!" Jongin stood up and went to the older, passing him as fast as he could while the manager rolled his eyes, locking the door.

"Hyung, can I ask something?"

"Hmm?" Yifan started walking and the younger followed his steps beside him.

"What about your father?"

"What about him?"

"You know, about the marriage?"

Yifan pursed his lips, turning to see the younger's face. Jongin always looked good in the morning or at night with his hair getting messy after couple of times running his hand through it in frustration of reading reports. He kind of envy him for that as he himself always looked too serious since he started working on the hotel. "Should I meet my father and talk about it? Your brother don't want me to say anything to him, though..."

Jongin suddenly stopped, taking out his phone and typed something on it. Yifan paused on his track and waited for the younger who put back his phone into his pocket. "About that, don't listen to him, hyung. He didn't know how your father is."

"I don't want to make him angry. You said yourself don't get on his bad side."

Jongin grinned, nodding his head making his hair bounced a little. "You just need to talk with him. He listens to you after all, it won't be a matter. Just kiss him if he said no, maybe it'll work." he shrugged before continue to walk again. "It works to make him stop thinking, right?"

Yifan hummed, biting his lips as he think of how to say it to Suho before he realized something. "You...did Suho tell you about what happened that time?" he snatched the younger's arm who bit his lips, trying to hold his younger. He couldn't believe that Suho told his younger abour the kissed with the smaller man.

"Both of you are so cute hyung."

Jongin whined, asking the older to stop when he gave a headlock to the younger who said sorry and begged him that be won't again. The manager's cheeks were pink as he reminded himself to tell Suho not to tell everything to his little brother.






Yifan wasn't surprised, more like anticipating Suho to came again to his office with boxes of food which his little brother brought. Both siblings had smiles on their faces and the manager couldn't help but lifted his own lips before taking off his glasses.

"I made Jongin's favorites today." announced Suho as Yifan took a seat beside him.

The manager hummed, watching the small hands moved. His eyes trailed up to the owner's face and stare for seconds before he heard someone clearing his throat. He turned to Jongin who gave a teasing glare that Yifan rolled his eyes.

"I heard Baekhyun is coming tomorrow?" Yifan said thanks to Suho before he started eating. It was fried chicken this time and Suho made many sauces to completed it.

"Yeah. He wants to make sure we didn't make any mistakes. His mother is keeping an eye on him, wanting the wedding to be perfect." answered Jongin before he bit his second chicken leg.

"I'll make sure there won't be any mistake and prepare for plan B. Will check the decoration tomorrow."

"Great. And oh, he said to tell you about your favor." Jongin paused, straightening his back as his eyes took a glance at his older brother who's been listening to him and the manager.

"What favor?"

"The distraction thingy?"

Yifan chocked on his food, making a coughs fit as Suho rubbed his back. Jongin's eyes went large at the tallest who took the glass Suho offered to him. The youngest thought that maybe revealing the manager's talk with Baekhyun wasn't a good idea seeing the tallest reaction.

"Are you okay?" asked Jongin with an apologetic smile.

"Yeah." the manager cough once again. "I'm fine."

"I told you to eat slowly, Kris." whispered Suho, rubbing the manager's arm once again before he continued eating.

"What did Baekhyun say?"

"He makes sure that you don't need one anymore and invites us to his best friend's club."

Yifan grimaced at the sound of club. He hated that place. He only went couple of times in university but he always went back early and left his drunk friends. He prefered spending time at Yixing's place, just talking, reading, or watching a movie. "Not going."

"Why? Come on, hyung. He will be mad if you say no."

"I don't care. I hate that place. Full of smokes and drunk people..." Yifan shook his head as a final.

Jongin pouted, taking a bite of his chicken angrily. "What if hyung comes there?"

"Still no."

Jongin saw his brother stopped eating for a moment. "Really? What if those drunk people came to my brother? Who's going to protect him?"

Yifan raised an eyebrow to the youngest. "You're there, right?"

"But I'm a dancer, hyung. I will be dancing to relieve my stress, not protecting my brother."

"What a bad brother you are."

"Hey! Hyung is a grown up man and I don't have to stay at his side all the time!" Jongin raised his voice for a little that the manager chuckled.

"Then he's fine. Don't you worry." Yifan shrugged as he kept eating. He felt a tug on his clothes that he turned to Suho.

"You're not going to come?"

"I'm sorry, but I really don't like that place."

"But I want to go. I never went there before. Baekhyun said the place is nice." Suho blinked his eyes once.

"Jongin and the others will be there, right?" Yifan referred to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo which always tagged along with their boyfriends.

"But they will leave me alone, busy making out in the corner." a frown formed on the shorter forehead.

"Suho..."

Suho tugged the manager's shirt harder as he leaned in, "Please?"

Yifan gulped. The shorter was biting his lips and the look on his face made the manager wanted to hug him tight like when he saw some cute childrens running around the lobby, especially those with chubby and pink cheeks.

"Fine..." Yifan turned his head after seeing Suho give his grin with his crescents eyes.

Jongin whistled and laughed when Yifan glared to him.

"Jongin, don't." Yifan shook his head, not wanting to get tease although by now he's used to it.

"Sorry, hyung. Can't resist it. I just want to check if you're going to say yes to my brother's request." Jongin gave a wink to the manager who decided to ignore the youngest and finished his food.





Jongin showed up on the manager's office at night looking ready to go while Yifan was still staring on his computer screen with his glasses on and scattered papers on his desk.

"Don't tell me this is your reason to not go?"

Yifan smiled, "No. I'm actually checking on the weddings happened on this hotel. Gonna turn this off now." he pointed at his computer.

Jongin helped by pilling the papers in neat orders and clipped it. The manager took his jacket, phone, and keys, taking a last look around his office to see if he forgot something.

"Let's go."

Jongin raised his brows. "Looking like that?"

"Is there a problem?" Yifan eyed Jongin from head to toe. The younger was handsome, his messy haistyle, the black leather jacket, simple white shirt, torn jeans and a pair of red converse. No one will guess he's working on a hotel as a boss.

"Big one. Let me check on your wardrobe." Jongin pushed the taller man, taking the keys from his hand and locking the door.

"I don't have any party clothes."

"Yeah, right. You like to shop, please. I'm sure you brought tons of your favorite clothes." Jongin smirked, throwing the keys back to its owner.

The manager frown, putting his arm around the younger's shoulder as they walk together. "Did Suho really tell you everything he heard from me?"

"You know the answer already, hyung."





It took ten minutes for Jongin to pick of decent clothes from Yifan's wardrobe, another ten minutes for the manager to change his clothes and half an hour for them to reach the club.

It was different from the club Yifan came when he's younger. This one definitely had class, judging from the place and the customers who all wear brand clothes. It didn't look like a club actually, with combination of gold and marroon in the wall and the chandeliers hanging on the ceiling.

"Are you sure this is a club?"

"It's a host club actually."

"What?"

Jongin chuckled, "The club is in the third floor."

Yifan and Jongin went inside an elevator and as they reach the floor, they could hear loud bass booming and the sight that greeted them was no mistake as one of a club. Girls wearing short, revealing clothes while the guys all try on bad boys look to attract people as they flirted around.

The manager was thankful to Jongin because he's sure people will look at him weirdly if he still on his dress shirt and slack. The younger choose a simple black t shirt with his favorite pair of jeans and his old black sneakers. He let his hair fall down instead of showing his forehead like usual, the younger commented he looked more approachable that way.

"Baekhyun always have private booth. Let's go there." Jongin raised his voice as he raised his voice on the older's ear.

They walk passed mass of people on the dance floor to reach a small hall and went to one of the doors lining there. The room wasn't that big or small, enough for around eight people with big couches and a glass table in the middle. The lights were dim but he could see all of them were there. Chanyeol and Baekhyun was whispering something on each other's ears while Suho's talking with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo turned his head, opening one arm as Jongin went to his side, between his brother and boyfriend. Yifan took his seat beside Suho and the small smiled up to him, putting his hand on the taller's thigh and greeted him.

"You look great." whispered Suho.

"You look great too." Yifan inhaled as he saw the eyeliner adorning the smaller's eyes. It gave a y vibe with a little hint of innocent when Suho smiled.

"Thank you. This is not bad as you think, right?"

"Well, I guess not. It's quite different than what I have in mind."

"Great." Suho patted his tight, "What do you want to drink?"

"Ah, no, thanks. I want to go back in an hour. My eyes hurt, reading too much today." said Yifan.

"Want to go outside and dance?"





Yifan was never good in moving his body according to the beat of music. He used to feel awkward since he's a child with his height as he's taller man many kids. He started to gain confidence in junior high when some girls giggled while looking at him and when his friends gave him compliment for his height and asked him to join on basketball club.

Yixing liked to dance and the shorter taught him couple of times before, forcing him to came to his club and although his friend said that he wasn't that bad, he believe he still look weird.

"Aren't you going to dance?" Suho pulled him to the dance floor while the latter tried to stood on his place, looking around and saw people let loose while moving their bodies to the sensual beat of the music. It's an R&B songs and he kind of like it. Still, he won't dance. Jongin was a good dancer and he didn't want Suho to laugh at him as he compared him to the younger man.

"Nope. Can I just watch you from the bar?" Yifan leaned down to whisper on the smaller as the music was still too loud for them to talk normally. Suho had both of his hands holding the manager's hand.

Suho shook his head, giving that look again and Yifan sighed. "I'll stay here."

"Just move your body a little, to the left and right, like this..." Suho put one hand on the taller's waist and Yifan almost jumped on his place. The smaller swayed his body a little, small smile on his lips as Yifan slowly mirroring the same movement.

The manager put one hand on the younger's waist. He did it before but it didn't make him nervous like now. His other hand was hanging awkwardly on the air with Suho holding it before the smaller put it on his own waist and took one step forward.

Yifan tried to relax himself, choosing to watch the man on his hold. His eyes caught on the collarbones that rarely shown as it usually hidden on his Polo or dress shirt. He unconsciously his lips, eyes went back up to met Suho's knowing look which made him smiled a little.

The song changed to an upbeat one but Yifan didn't get bother by it like he usually did. Suho raised his hand, putting it on the taller's neck before he tiptoed to pressed his lips.

Yifan blinked his eyes. Suho was smirking to him, tilting his head to the side and let go of his other hand to put it on his back, taking another step to pressed their chests together. Suho's hand that was playing with his hair tickled him a little. The smaller pouted after a minute of Yifan only watched for him.

The manager finally get it and chuckled, slowly leaning down to kissed the smaller who was smiling on the kiss. Suho moved his head to the side, changing the angle and grabbing the taller's hair lightly, asking for more. Yifan put his hand on the smaller back, holding him on place as he heard a small sound coming from the man.

"K-kris..." whispered Suho.

The taller opened his eyes, not realizing he had closed it as he saw Suho staring to him. His white cheeks were slightly pink and his lips were glistened a little.

"Yeah?"

"I like you."

"You said that yesterday."

Suho shook his head, he tiptoed again, whispering on the taller's ear. "You haven't said it to me."

Yifan whispered back, "I like you too." 

A pout was what the manager saw when he pulled his head back. He just said it, why the smaller wasn't satisfied?

Suho sighed, lowering his head and pressed it to the taller's chest, tightening his hands on Yifan's torso.

Yifan rubbed his back, not knowing what make the younger upset as he swayed their bodies to the music. After couple of minutes the man on his hold rubbed his face to his chest. Suho lifted his head, teeth showing with his angelic smile.

"Let's go back."

"You sure? It's still..." Yifan lifted his left hand to see his wrist, "Almost midnight."

"Cinderella can only last until midnight. Don't you know that?"

"Right...okay, Princess. Let's go home."

Suho chuckled, pulling himself away from the taller but held Yifan's hand and guided him through people.






"Good night." Yifan patted the smaller head awkwardly on the parking lot. He wanted to walk Suho back but knowing many employees will be there, he didn't want them to see and started spreading rumors. He needed his peace for the moment.

"My goodnight kiss?" Suho tilted his head, giving his cheek while blinking his eyes cutely that Yifan leaned down to press his lips.

"There."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kris."

Yifan hummed. He let Suho hugged him from the last time before he walked to the direction of the employees' building while he head to the hotel.

The manager was waiting for the elevator to arrived when he felt his phone vibrated. He took it and saw the ID caller. Yifan tried to think of any reason of why his mother was calling him at this time, worrying that some emergency was happening.

"Yeah, mother?"

"Yifan. We are going there tomorrow." his mother sounded tired, letting out a sigh to the phone and Yifan stepped aside when the elevator arrive.

"What? Here?"

"Yes. Your father wants to talk to you so please, prepare yourself. He's the most stubborn people I've ever known, why did I married someone like him again?"

"Mother. He can just call me, why he has to come here? I thought he's too busy to check on his son?"

His mother laughed, a light ringing that always sounded pleasant on the manager's ear, something he liked to hear when he was a kid. "Not for this one. He wants to see if the hotel had any improvement while at the same time discussing about your wedding."

"I'm not getting married. Not this year. You told me you take care of it?" Yifan groaned, already imagining his father glared at him with his arms folded.

The old man never want a no as an answer and Yifan mostly never objected either. There was only two times he said no. One was when he's sixteen and the second one was when he's twenty. After learning business from his father he knew that he couldn't begged his father, reminding the older man that he's his son. The way to got what Yifan wanted was to make a deal, like they're both businessmen.

Yifan prepared many things beforehand to make his father couldn't reject his offer, knowing his father didn't have any option but to complied to his wishes. The visit was too sudden that he couldn't prepare anything to make a new deal. Mr. Wu actually broke their last one as Yifan only had to stay for a month but it's almost three months since he stay in Kim's hotel.

He just had to found something real quick before his parents arrived.