Four

Nothing But The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Flashback*

 

You are in the convenience store, running yet another errand for your dear brother Taehyung --

 

“Yah, Ree! Get me some Shin Ramyun!”

 

“We have Ramyun in the pantry--”

 

“But it’s not SHIN Ramyun...”

 

“Yah, what’s the difference?!”

 

-- You cluck your tongue, muttering darkly while you look around the store, in search of Taehyung’s favourite ramyun.

 

Spotting it, you smile happily. Shin Ramyun packets gleam at you, on the highest shelf  of the instant noodle section. You reach a hand upwards, trying to grab hold of one, but unfortunately, you encounter a problem -- you can’t reach it.

 

*Ugh, I’m too short,* you frown. But then you realise what your brain said, and you hastily correct yourself, *Nonono! I mean... the shelf is too tall~*

 

As you are standing grumpily under the Shin Ramyun,  a hand that is not your own appears. “Here,” a boy smiles, handing you the packet you were reaching for. His smile is so dazzling that you are struck dumb for a second.

 

“T-thank you,” you bow, recovering quickly. “Thank you so much.”

 

And while the boy walks away, you find yourself blushing. You don't expect  yourself to be thinking of him continuously, after you reach home as well...

 

*End of Flashback*

 

You were stuck in your own thoughts until you felt someone pinch your cheek. “Ouch! Yah, Kim Taehyung!” you glared at your brother, rubbing your cheek at the same time.

 

“What?” he looked at you innocently. “You were spacing out while Jimin talked to you.” Your brother shrugged nonchalantly before disturbing Jin again.

 

“I’m sorry I got carried away,” you blush, embarrassed for being rude. “I’m Juree. Nice to meet you Ji...min...”

Even his name rolled off your tongue perfectly; Unknowingly, another small blush creeped up onto your face.

 

 

Lunch time had passed and now, it was time for your Physical Education lesson -- you weren’t very athletic, but you didn’t really mind PE. In fact, you preferred it to sitting in a boring classroom, and learning a bunch of equations.

 

You changed into your PE attire before heading towards the gym. Everyone was gathered there, at the centre of the room, and you trailed behind a group of girls.Trying to blend in, you moved quietly.

 

However, you hadn’t thought that one of them would turn around -- you sighed internally, seeing that it was the girl from the canteen; the snob with the designer shoes, Lee Yejin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter