Thirteen

Nothing But The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, are you alright?” Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of your face and you were pulled away from your thoughts.”What were you thinking about so seriously? You didn't even realise the bell.” His face was so near to yours that you felt redness creeping up onto your cheeks.

“Are you not feeling well?” Jungkook lifted his hand to your forehead.

He was way too close!!!

“I-I’m okay!” You stuttered. Jungkook’s hand was still on your forehead.

“Are you sure? You're burning up?”

“I'm fine--”

“Juree-ah. Don’t be stubborn and come with me,” and just like that, Jungkook clucked his tongue, gently pulling you along with your palm in his.

You silently, yet guiltily, enjoyed the short moment of him holding your hand. It feel like you were cheating on Jimin, but really, you weren't -- It’s not like you were dating Park Jimin for Pete’s sake!

Infirmary

“You can go back to class now! Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you, hun; you’re just a bit tired that’s all,” said the nurse in charge as she checked your temperature. Jungkook stood beside the young nurse, glancing at you once in awhile.

“Okay, thanks…”

“You can call me Miss Yang.” Miss Yang beamed. She looked too young to be a school nurse.

“Ah..thank you Miss Yang” you climbed down the bed before giving her a slight bow.

Miss Yang then turned towards the quiet boy that had not spoken a word since he entered, “Hey you, take good care of your girlfriend, aye?” Miss Yang sent Jungkook a playful grin as she signalled towards you.

“N-no we aren’t dating,” Jungkook’s words came out hastily, and the nurse raised her eyebrows in amusement. ‘Oh, really?’ her sly expression seemed to say.

Though it’s true that the both of you are not dating, you feel a little crushed at Jungkook’s words - he sounded so keen to deny that you were dating; it hurt...

*Ugh, get a grip, Kim Juree - it’s not like you want to date that idiot anyway!*

Agitated, you turned your head away from Jungkook, towards the window, refusing to look the boy in the eye.

Miss Yang walked over to her desk, scribbling on a piece of paper, “The two of you should get back to your lesson.” She then gave you and Jungkook a note to hand to your teacher.

“I’ll see you when I see you -- now go on~” She chirped, gesturing for the both of you to leave the infirmary.

The journey back to class was more awkward than ever. Silence lingered in the air -- none of you spoke. Jungkook was being extremely quiet, even with his footsteps.

You breathed a sigh of relief when you reached your classroom.

“Alright, go to your seats,” your physics teacher nodded in affirmation, after reading the nurse’s note. “Today’s lesson is on special relativity...”

You doubted your classmates even paid attention to the teacher. From what you perceived, everyone was yawning.

You sat down, and soon, you were yawning too -- yawning really was contagious.

 

Throughout the whole lesson, there was one person who did not find the class boring.

He was enjoying every mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter