Fourteen

Nothing But The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for not updating as time did not permit me to write. My deepest apologies to those of you that have been expecting an update since last December. I promise this is a better comeback to compensate for your long wait! Thanks for supporting all the way. Kudos to ya all. 

The next day, as you were buying your lunch in the canteen, you kept sneaking glances at Jimin. He was sitting with the rest of Bangtan, at their usual table, talking and laughing in a way that mesmerized you. You thought about how sweet he was for walking you home yesterday, and you smiled, starting to daydream.

“--Miss, that would be five dollars... Miss? MISS.”

“Oh, sorry,”. You blushed, snapping back to reality. Judging by the annoyed look on the canteen lady’s face, you could only guess how long you had been standing there, hogging up the line of hungry students.

“Please excuse my friend,” a familiar voice sounded, startling the bejeezus out of you; preoccupied with your thoughts earlier, you hadn't noticed Jungkook queuing up behind you. “She tends to be slower than the average human being,” Jungkook said, smirking like there was no tomorrow. If there hadn't been adults present, you could've done much worse to the boy than to scowl at him wordlessly.

“Sorry,” you said again, bowing to the lady after handing her your cash. You then shuffled away quickly to avoid further embarrassment.

Not long after, Jungkook caught up with you. He noticed that even as you were walking towards BTS’ table, you couldn't keep your eyes off Jimin; Jungkook’s smirk immediately morphed into a frown.

“You know, I can help you get with Jimin hyung,” he blurted. Jungkook couldn't tell who was more surprised at those words-- you or himself. He didn't know why he'd said that, honestly. He regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth; Oh well, it was too late to take them back now... especially with you looking at him with excitement in your eyes all of a sudden.

“W-w-what makes you say I want to get with him?” You stammered. You tried controlling your expression, not wanting to reveal your crush to Jungkook, but to no avail -- your eyes remained excited, giving you away.

“Pfft. Don't talk nonsense,” Jungkook scoffed, looking at his food intently - he couldn't look at you anymore, for some reason. “Look, do you want my help or not?” He asked, irritated now.

“I guess...” You mumbled shyly, cheeks turning the same colour as the apple on your tray. “But promise not to tell anyone about my, uh, crush?”

“Of course,” Jungkook replied, voice softer than usual; you didn't think much of it, assuming that Jungkook had deliberately lowered his volume, to prevent any eavesdropping. “Your secret is safe with me, Juree,” he said, and you smiled, shuffling up to him awkwardly.

“Thanks,” you said, bumping his shoulder playfully; this was another one of those moments where you were grateful to have Jungkook as a friend. You were glad that Jungkook was willing to help, with something that meant so much to you.

“No worries,” you heard him respond, and by then, the two of you had already reached your table. What you didn't hear was Jungkook’s heart shattering into a million pieces, as you bounded away from him, towards the seat next to Jimin.

Bangtan noticed two presences approaching their table, smiles immediately portrayed on their faces.

The maknae did the usual greetings with his hyungs before occupying an empty seat bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter