CHAPTER 5

Fanmeeting's Problem

On the next day, the entire day, I kept thinking about the big event for that night. What should I wear? What should I bring? And the most important thing is, how am I gonna tell my brother.

“Aish..” I putted one of the books into the shelf harshly.

“Yah! That’s a new stock!” Eun Mi took the book back from the shelf and checked the condition. “What is wrong with you?” Eun Mi continued.

“Eun Mi-ah, is it possible for me to fall in love. I mean, this early?”

She looked so shocked to hear my question. “What do you mean by ‘this early’?”

“You know, it just been three years.”

“Are you kidding me? Two years ago is already too late for you to fall in love. Why? Did you meet someone?” I just silent up and busied myself arranging the bookshelf.

On that night, I was wearing a red hoodie and a skinny. I let my wavy hair fell nicely on my shoulder. I putted on some natural make up for not being too pale.

 Now, I have to face the biggest obstacle to leave the house. Jung Il Woo.

I walked tip-toe towards the living room. I took a peek into his bedroom, so quiet, he’s sleeping though. So, I confidently walked towards the front door.

“Jung Na Young?” Il Woo who was watching television stood up and walked crossing arms towards me. “Are you going somewhere?”

I’m busted. I shut my eyes and turned around facing him. I just smiled. “I want to see my friend.”

“Eun Mi?” He raised his eyebrows.

“..No..”

“You have friends other than Eun Mi?” he asked shockingly.

“Of course I do! We met at the bookstore just now.” I kept on lying.

“A guy?”

“No! I’m going. I don’t want to be late.”

He sent me outside, still doubting.

A few minutes walking, I arrived at the place. It was a garden park. I’m sure it will look so beautiful in the morning. Some couples were having a walk. Night breeze are so refreshing.

Suddenly, a guy also wore a red hoodie with sneakers and shades walked heading towards me. He suddenly grabbed my hand and walked me out of the park. I didn’t know who he was but I felt safe in his warm hand.

We stopped at a quiet road and he took off his shades without lowering his hoodie. It’s him, Mark! He smiled sweetly at me. I felt like I was still dreaming. Mark was standing in front of me, still holding my hand.

I looked at my hand in his and he quickly let it go. “Sorry. I just heard one of the couples talked about GOT7.”

“Ouh.. It’s okay.” I smiled back at him. I looked at his hoodie. Is this what we call faith? We’re wearing the same red hoodie.

He also lowered his eyes, looking for what I was staring at. “I wear hoodie to hide myself. And I love red.” He said awkwardly.

 Then he looked at me waiting for my answer. “I feel comfortable wearing  hoodie. And my brother.. loves red.” He laughed  to hear it.

 We enjoyed the refreshing night walk while walking side by side. A lot of questions popped out in my head to start a conversation.

“I’m sorry about what had happened at the fanmeeting.” He broke the silent.

I laughed a bit. “I think I’m the one who should say that. I leaned my head closer towards you? I really didn’t know what I was thinking at that time.”

“Or maybe I'd should say sorry for being too handsome.” He smiled mischievously.

“Don’t make me throw up here.” I made a disgusted face. Everything went so well and I do felt very comfortable beside him.

We  suddenly stopped beside a grocery mart. “Would you like some ice cream?”

“Sure.”

We went into the empty mart. Mark quickly grabbed a chocolate ice cream flavor and handed it to me.

I laughed watching his cuteness. “Thank you. But, I don’t eat chocolate.”

“You don’t eat chocolate? I thought all girls love chocolate.”

“How many girls have you met in your lifetime?” I gave an innocent look.

“Aish.. this kid.”

We laughed happily. After about half an hour talking and walking, we arrived in front of my house.

“So, thanks for tonight and sorry for taking your time.” I said.

“It's okay, thanks to you for accompany me to have some fresh air.”

I was about to turn around when he continued. “Wait! I think you took something from me.”

“I did? What is it?” I asked curiously.

“My heart.” I blushed a bit and laughed to hear his pickup line.

“You're just like my brother.”

He smiled. “So, I bet we have to meet again for you to give it back to me.”

“Or maybe.. I should just keep it for myself.” I .

He looked so shocked to hear it. I just laughed at him. “Just a joke.” I said before any misunderstanding.

“Ahh..” he rubbed the back of his neck and bit his lower lips.

“I should go by now or my brother will nag at me all night long.”

“Okay, good night.” I quickly went into the house.