Connections

Amor Fati / Memento Mori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The boys were once again gathered in YG's dance studio, their shirts soaked with sweat after a long day of dance practice. The filming team came in after two knocks on the door, and one of the scriptwriters passed a letter to the leader. Hanbin opened it, assuming it was their next mission on Mix & Match. 

    "You boys have worked hard! To rest is to prepare for the longer journey ahead, therefore all of you are to take a break with a 3D2N trip to Japan. Have fun." Hanbin read out loud, not believing the letter even after the last syllable left his mouth. The camera zoomed in to the stunned faces of the boys, and all of them began to cheer and jump around after the news digested into their minds.

    "A HOLIDAAAAAAY!" Bobby screamed, jumping around like a madman. Donghyuk and Jinhyeong began to chest bump each other while Hanbin smiled happily at the sight of the excited boys. That night, the boys headed back to the dorm to pack their clothes. They were leaving in 2 days. "Jinhwan, come here, hurry!" Junhoe shouted to Jinhwan from another room. "What, what is it?" Jinhwan ran in, surprised. 

    "Which jacket should i bring to Japan?" Junhoe asked in a serious tone, as if it was a matter regarding life & death.

    Jinhwan rolled his eyes, pointing to the one he bought for Junhoe. Junhoe chuckled and threw the jacket into the pile of clothes he packed. Just then, the doorbell rang. Chanwoo slide across the hall in his slippery socks and he opened the door, to see 5 males greeting him. "W-winner.. Hyungs.." Chanwoo was a little taken aback by the sudden visit of his sunbaes, and he bowed politely to them. The 5 men nodded politely but awkwardly, since they rarely had any interaction with the newcomers on Mix & Match. 

    "HYUUUUUNG!" Bobby dashed out and embraced the visitors, like a puppy excited at the sight of its owner. Jinwoo ruffled Bobby's hair, giggling. "Heard you boys are heading to Japan? We thought we'd drop by to pass you these guide books, they'll be helpful in Japan." Seunghoon said. Bobby tugged all 5 of them into the living room, only to cause more havoc as the other members of Team B welcomed their friends. 

    Hanbin walked out of the shower to examine what the whole fuss was about, and broke into a smile as he saw the 5 men standing in the living room. Mino greeted him with their usual fist-bump gesture, before pulling him to a corner as the other boys rambled on about going on a holiday. 

    "What is it?" Hanbin asked, wondering why Mino was being so secretive.

    "Nothing.. It's just.. That incident.. With you and that crazy girl." Mino said, eyeing Hanbin's almost healed injury.

    "What about it?" Hanbin frowned at the topic as it brought up nothing but bad memories. "No, nothing, i guess. I was.. just worried, y'know." Mino said, not looking directing into Hanbin's eyes. Hanbin raised one side of his eyebrows, wondering if Mino was hiding something from him. It surely wasn't like Mino to be bothering over things like this. 

    "Is there something you know about the girl?" Hanbin went straight to the point. Mino's eyes shot up in surprise before he returned to his previous facial expression. "No, no such thing." He gave a light chuckle, awkwardly. "Just.. Take care, aite, Hanbin? Hyung's always here if you need any help." Mino bounced back into the living room after that, leaving a puzzled Hanbin behind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter