Priorities

Amor Fati / Memento Mori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Hanbin has been through countless rounds of evaluations ever since he first began at YG Entertainment, but he could never shake off the nervousness and anxiety that swallowed him before his turn. He was grouped with Donghyuk and Chanwoo for this round, and they chose to remake one of Chanwoo's favorite songs, All She Knows by Bruno Mars. Everything went well throughout the preparation process, and Hanbin knew that they'd do fine. The anxiety continued flowing through his blood anyway.

    Bobby's group, containing Junhoe and Hongseok, went first. Jinhwan, with Yunhyeong and Jinhyeong, went next. Hanbin's group went last, and they killed the stage, gaining cheers and claps by the panel of judges. Bobby nodded in approval, having to admit defeat to his strong opponent. No one could win Hanbin in being leader. He was talented and more importantly, meticulous when it came to spilting parts and creating more chances for his team members to shine on stage. No one could disagree to that. The ranking of teams were revealed soon after the last performance, with Bobby's group coming in 2nd, Jinhwan's 3rd, and Hanbin's as 1st, for the third time in a row. Donghyuk and Chanwoo cheered and patted each other's back, while Hanbin smiled half-heartedly. The constant wins were beginning to pressure him.

 

    The members got the day off after their evaluation, and all of them agreed on going clothes shopping at Hongdae. They traveled in two cars, with Hanbin, Bobby, Jinhwan, Jinhyeong and Donghyuk on one, and the others on another. Hanbin sat at the back, closing his eyes the moment his bottom touched the seat. He had a lot of sleeping to catch up on. Bobby sat down next to him, eyeing the boy worriedly as he knew how hard he had been working lately. Their car was silent apart from the constant chatter between Jinhyeong and Donghyuk. 

    "I've got so much to buy, i don't think i'll have enough time.." Junhoe groaned as he scrolled through a list of clothing brands on his iPhone. Hongseok stuck his head forward to look. "Ya.. so this is what you spend all your money on? My main purpose is to buy snacks though." He mumbled. "No surprise there." Yunhyeong joked as he knew how much Hongseok loved to eat. The atmosphere was light and chilled in their car. Meanwhile, Bobby whispered into Jinhwan's ear once he was sure that Hanbin was asleep. "Hyung.. Hanbin seems rather off lately, don't you think? He seems bothered by something." Jinhwan nodded in agreement. "I saw him having a nightmare the other day, and he woke up looking like he saw a ghost or something. I've never seen him so scared." Jinhwan added, biting his lips. "I wonder what's bothering him so much.."

 

    "Shooooopping!" Donghyuk wailed delightfully as the car slowed down outside a street on Hongdae. Hanbin was startled from his sleep and he jumped a little at the sudden noise. Donghyuk turned around to apologize, but Hanbin merely waved it off. He rubbed his tired eyes, feeling sleepier t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter