A Twist

Amor Fati / Memento Mori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Despite completing the assessment only a few days ago, yet another task arrives for the boys. They gathered at the studio during noon time, all curious as there were quite a few cameramen huddled around in their dance studio, recording them as they spoke. "This doesn't feel like the usual assessments we do. Maybe it's something special for the Mix and Match show?" Bobby whispered to Jinhwan. One of the scriptwriters passed a letter to Hanbin, gesturing him to open it up and announce it. He did as he was told, wondering if there was some sort of surprise.

    A surprise it was indeed. Hanbin blinked, stunned for a moment at the sudden change in consistency of their predictable assessments. "Choose your own groups of three and head off to 3 different streets.. on Gangnam.. to perform one self-written song and one dance choreography. All groups have 2 weeks to prepare. The group leaders may be anyone except Hanbin, Bobby and Jinhwan." Silence followed as all the members were taken aback by the task. Hanbin took the initiative to start off the planning, as he knew they'd need as much time as possible for preparation. "Alright, should we start off by picking leaders?" He suggested.

    Everyone agreed, as there was no other way to do it. Bobby frowned a little, questioning the whole purpose of this task. "Lets take a vote, then." Yunhyeong suggested. Hanbin requested for paper from the filming crew, and wrote a member's name on each one, excluding his, Jinhwan and Bobby's. "All of us should leave the room, and then take turns to come in and place a tick on the paper for the leader you prefer, so everything stays anonymous. One person gets to tick on 3 pieces of paper. What do you guys think?" Hanbin looked around to see everything nodding. They did as the leader told, for the boys were always used to relying on Hanbin when it came to proper decisions & plannings. Perhaps they've never realized it, but Hanbin felt pressured by all the trust they gave him.

    After the voting session was over, Bobby, Jinhwan and Hanbin collected the papers to calculate the results. The other six waited, with no one particularly wanting the position of the leader. Everyone knew how hard it was to be responsible of the whole team, and none had the confidence to lead a team with people like Hanbin, Bobby or Jinhwan in it. It felt like the 3 were a whole level higher.

    "Donghyuk, Junhoe and Jinhyeong! You guys got the most votes." Bobby shouted as he casually rolled on the floor. "The 3 of you get to pick your teammates! Junhoe, you go first, Donghyuk next, and then Jinhyeong." Hanbin ordered.

    "I.. Jinhwan!" Junhoe called out, mimicking the action of rope pulling as he 'pulled' Jinhwan towards him. The both of them were always stuck together like a pair of chopsticks, so it was no surprise that Junhoe chose him. "Um.. Yunhyeong!" Donghyuk let out a shy smile as Yunhyeong fist bumped him. "Bo..bby?" Jinhyeong called out softly, not daring to look straight into Bobby's eyes. Bobby rol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter