01012011

Amor Fati / Memento Mori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Hanbin blinked a few times as he looked around, a dull ache lingering in his head. He was in his room at home, and his mom was kneeled by his bedside, her expression filled with worry. Hanbin rubbed his forehead with his palm, groaning at his headache. "Everything's okay, son.. No one will ever find out." His mom whispered in a hushed tone, right before her tears ran down her cheeks once again. Hanbin couldn't bring himself to even speak. His headache only grew worse and he eventually closed his eyes again, and fell back to sleep. Little did he know what he had missed out on.

    "Mom? It's 2011 already?" Hanbin shouted from his room as he scrolled through the messages on his phone. There were a couple by Bobby and Jinhwan, asking him where he was and wishing him a happy new year. Hanbin's mom walked in, with an apron tied around her waist. "You're awake? Come out for dinner! Dad's home." Hanbin's mom beamed, looking joyful to the extend where it felt as if her smile was distorted. Hanbin blinked, confused. "I'm sure it was only the 30th of December last night.." He mumbled.

    Dad was acting weird that night too. "So.. You'll be going back to YG on the 3rd?" Hanbin's dad had a husky and low voice, so it sounded like he was growling as he spoke. Hanbin nodded, his cheeks puffy as his mouth was filled with rice. He felt extra hungry for some reason. "That's fast. Are you sure you don't want to take a longer break?" His dad asked. Hanbin looked up straight into his dad's eyes, with his eyebrows raised. His dad was always the one eager to send him off to the company. What was this sudden change in attitude? Hanbin shook his head, not saying anything else. 

    "Where're you, man.. The first day of 2011 is almost over and you haven't even wished me a Happy New Year! Ungrateful kid." Bobby's message popped up on Hanbin's phone. Hanbin chuckled and excused himself from the dinner table to head back to his room. He phoned Bobby. "KIM HANBIN! WHERE'RE YOU!" Bobby shouted, his voice nearly drowning in the background noise as it was immensely noisy wherever he was. "At home. Where're you? Happy New Year!" Hanbin said in his regular voice.

    "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MAN! HOLD ON!" Bobby s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter